Hardkill

Robert F. Kennedy Jr. running for POTUS

215 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Biden is not corrupt. He has a lot of integrity. Is he centrist, mainstream, and status quo? Sure, of course. But I would not confuse that with corruption proper. Trump is corrupt to the bone.

People are so bad at appreciating Biden's leadership in our currently hyper-partisan times.

This helps quench the fire of polarization. Being a bit bland prevents people from your side from idolizing you, and people from the opposition from ideologically crucifying you. 

That may contribute to some very important bills being passed. He's the best America could do at the moment of the last election. 

54 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Biden is not corrupt. He has a lot of integrity. Is he centrist, mainstream, and status quo? Sure, of course. But I would not confuse that with corruption proper. Trump is corrupt to the bone.

People are so bad at appreciating Biden's leadership in our currently hyper-partisan times. Biden is demonstrating remarkable leadership. Of course he's not a bleeding-heart Green the way leftists want. But that's okay. You gotta appreciate Biden relative to our times and the rest of the possibilities. The key mistake is expecting him to be a Bernie Sanders. He never promised that. Biden's promise has always been common sense moderate positions. That's not a bad thing when many people are radicalized.

I don't love Biden but I appreciate his steady and commonsense approach in wild times. People have utterly lost their appreciation of this quality.

What about all the clips of him being unable to articulate normal sentences and looking like someone with dementia.

Would you trust your country to someone that offers a handshake to pure air?

There are dozens of clips of him doing such silly stuff, it is not something that happened a few times.

Some people say he is not even leading, he is unable to and is just a front person.

Even if he is taking all the decisions, having someone in that mental state lead a country to me seems ridiculous. 

Edited by Karmadhi

28 minutes ago, Karmadhi said:

What about all the clips of him being unable to articulate normal sentences and looking like someone with dementia.

He is solid most of the time, way above average.

Also, he has many competent people to help him whenever he is confused.

46 minutes ago, Karmadhi said:

This point is way overplayed. Yes he shows signs of old age but his judgement is still solid and sound. It's not like we are asking him to win tennis matches or rap battles. His job is to make very methodical, slow, long-term decisions so he doesn't need to be some quick-witted desperado.

Do I wish he was younger and sharper? Of course. But considering the other alternatives I'm not too concerned about it. Biden has demonstrated sound judgment and strategy thus far. He is not making any major intellectual blunders.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Rfk jr would legalize psychedelics. Thats one reason to vote for him.

@Leo Gura not necessairly arguing with what you said, but how do you know if he makes any actual judgements and political decisions on his own at this point? 

On 6/28/2023 at 9:03 AM, Leo Gura said:

Hitler was a "Nazi" because the corporate media says so.

Hitler was Time man of the year in 1938. 

Robert Kennedy is not anti vaccine, but people in the corporate media keep repeating this to discredit him.   Due to his public service and deep connections, Kennedy has special access to information that most people don’t have and he understands how bureaucracies can become compromised.   As an environmental lawyer, he successfully sued big polluters, which is not an easy thing to do – to cut through their deception.  He knows how to defeat the liars.

Vincit omnia Veritas.

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

This point is way overplayed. Yes he shows signs of old age but his judgement is still solid and sound. It's not like we are asking him to win tennis matches or rap battles. His job is to make very methodical, slow, long-term decisions so he doesn't need to be some quick-witted desperado.

Do I wish he was younger and sharper? Of course. But considering the other alternatives I'm not too concerned about it. Biden has demonstrated sound judgment and strategy thus far. He is not making any major intellectual blunders.

He has to actually meet foreign world leaders. Other countries look at the man and view America as weak.

Kennedy has pledged to unite America and stop the descent towards civil war. I would seriously suggest considering him at least. Just consider it. I don't even enjoy the conspiracy stuff either.

2 hours ago, Jodistrict said:

Due to his public service and deep connections, Kennedy has special access to information that most people don’t have and he understands how bureaucracies can become compromised. 

Marketing 101.

2 hours ago, Something Funny said:

@Leo Gura not necessairly arguing with what you said, but how do you know if he makes any actual judgements and political decisions on his own at this point? 

I see how he handled the latest negotiation with the GOP house leader. Biden handled it very wisely and intelligently. Until the way Trump negotiates, like a fucking child.

37 minutes ago, OldManCorcoran said:

He has to actually meet foreign world leaders. Other countries look at the man and view America as weak.

America never looked weaker than under Trump.

Biden doesn't make America look weak. He's a serious guy. Nobody is treating America as weak. The whole notion that America looks weak and ripe for what, conquest? is laughable. No one is gonna strong-arm America.

Edited by Leo Gura

@Leo Gura Biden needs some solid marketing, otherwise, he will look like this old guy who is doing nothing.

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Nobody is treating America as weak. The whole notion that America looks weak and ripe for what, conquest? is laughable. No one is gonna strong-arm America.

@Leo Gura american weakness is relative to its painful loss of its hegemonic and economic power.

I wonder why the US failed miserably to bully the global south to support the proxy war in Ukraine.

"Russia's economy will collapse"...

Russia's economy grows 2%.

"The world is united against russia"....

84% of the world population does not sanction Russia at all

From India to Saudi Arabia, from Brazil to Indonesia to South Africa, people are fed up with US wars and bullying.

When Saudi Arabia is selling oil in chinese currency and making peace with Iran.. you can be sure the empire is as weak as it has been in past 70 years

@Leo Gura biden is not so mainstream. His son took 5 meo dmt to fight cocain Addiction and Biden is proud of him he did this

Biden is pro psychedelics for sure, because they saved his sons life

@Tobia The wars and bullying happened under Republican presidents.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

On 6/29/2023 at 9:27 AM, Leo Gura said:

I am totally with you on everything you just said, but do you think that Biden will be able to convince the majority of Americans that he is capable of serving a 2nd term, despite the fact that most Americans still think he's too old for the job?

Unfortunately, even a lot of elderly people in the US have said that he's looking like he's not going to make it for another term. Even my dad and my uncle who are both older than 80 years old, highly-educated, very smart, successful, liberal democrats really don't want Biden to run again because they too perceive Biden to come off as a doddering old man that's a bit out of it. Also, they understand from their own personal experiences how much your own memory, energy, sharpness, judgment, and some other mental abilities significantly decline when you're around their age. My dad further said that there's a reason why almost no one over 75 years old really works full-time in any job, especially one that's extremely mentally and physically taxing.

My response to him was "Well what about some of the judges on the Supreme Court or many of those Congress who were or are over 80 years old?" My dad then was like "Well, first off, serving as a member of Congress is much easier than being the President of the United States of America. In fact, I honestly think that being a Senator or a House of Representative seems to be an easy cushy job, given how much everyone in Congress usually doesn't do much, except waste an incredible amount of time having all kind of bullshit debates on the Senate or House floor, holding things up in the various committees they have in Congress, preventing most bills from ever getting passed (especially in this day and age), and talking to the press about what may or may not happen in Congress. Also, members of Congress seem to get a lot more time off from work than the President of the United States does. As for the judges on the courts, yeah that definitely take a lot more work than being a member of Congress, but it's still not nearly as demanding as being the president of the most powerful country in the world who also has to frequently travel to all kind of places in the world and has to constantly manage not just everything that goes in a country that one's of the largest nations in the world, but also has to constantly handle so much of what is happening internationally throughout the whole world." My mom who is going to be 75 this year and is also a highly-educated, very smart, successful liberal democrat totally agrees with all of that.

Edited by Hardkill

9 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

I am totally with you on everything you just said, but do you think that Biden will be able to convince the majority of Americans that he is capable of serving 2nd term, despite the fact that most Americans still think he's too old for the job?

I'm pretty sure Biden will beat Trump. Not worried about that. DeSantis was the real serious threat to Biden but looks like he no chance to beat Trump now.

Edited by Leo Gura

21 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I see how he handled the latest negotiation with the GOP house leader. Biden handled it very wisely and intelligently. Until the way Trump negotiates, like a fucking child.

America never looked weaker than under Trump.

Biden doesn't make America look weak. He's a serious guy. Nobody is treating America as weak. The whole notion that America looks weak and ripe for what, conquest? is laughable. No one is gonna strong-arm America.

I totally agree with you again. Though do you believe that it's possible that something like the War in Ukraine may not have ever happened if Biden was able to present himself better as a strong leader like the way Bill Clinton or Obama did during their presidencies because of their charisma, relatively young and strong appearance, and political savvy?

1 minute ago, Hardkill said:

I totally agree with you again. Though do you believe that it's possible that something like the War in Ukraine may not have ever happened if Biden was able to present himself better as a strong leader...

I think that idea is laughable.

Biden is way tougher on Putin than Trump was.

The war in Ukraine did not happen due to optics. It happened because of 25 years of NATO expansion and Putin will never give up Ukraine to the fucking Yankees.

Edited by Leo Gura

4 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I'm pretty sure Biden will beat Trump. Not worried about that. DeSantis was the real serious threat to Biden but looks like he no chance to beat Trump now.

Actually, interestingly enough, according to a number of polls, more voters say that they rather have Biden than even DeSantis because they think that DeSantis is also coming off as too much of an authoritarian like Trump. The GOP elites and the Republican Party are really scaring off too many swing voters.

Edited by Hardkill