Kalki Avatar

Who has mastered anger here?

21 posts in this topic

I mean to the point that you can get chopped and remain unreactive. Jesus or Rama level.

Krishna supposedly killed vasudeva just for telling him he is not God. And claimed he is the supreme personality. Seems to me like krishna low key had some ego complexes too.

How did you get to mastered it and what has been your hardest trial? 

Edited by Kalki Avatar

Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know. - Jeremiah 33:3

https://open.spotify.com/track/4V0rRwRqhFPxSJb40XmKA1?si=lNN5hNRPTxi6zNzzi9gFqw&utm_source=copy-link

You can dissolve anger but someone could harm your body very easily.

If you are okay with losing your physical form, go with it because anger is what keeps the body alive.

To repress anger is easy. To express it responsibly is harder. I do not recommend repressing all anger. Closing yourself off internally has external consequences. You'll turn into a rock.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

I don't think you can really master an emotion, if an emotion arises you will eventually need to express it or it will express itself. I think the goal should be to do so much spiritual work that negative emotions arise less and less frequently and with less and less intensity.

I thought I did until I missed that flight a few months ago. I literally threw my hat on the floor lol I was so angry :D The plane was still there but they wouldn't let me in anymore and they even told me ahead of time that they would wait as it was a connecting flight. Also, a beautiful girl was waiting at my place. It was a test and I failed miserably...

I am normaly a calm person exactly because instead of exploding i  a big vent I make daily little ventings when is necessary. You need to be aware when is necessary and when better not botter at all. When I see someone is acting out of triviality or blantly lying I don't get extremely angry first, first I try to understand with diplomacy what is the situation and if the situation proves that the other is just being provocative from a place of childishness( unless is a actual child) I will respond from the level he or she choose himself or herself to play. If you are communicating as a sober adullt I will talk with you as an adult, but if you drop into the child role stubborb,tantrum and so on, then someone need to be the adult in the relationship. But overall as someone said above, while you have a body you will have emotions and triggers from living among others with their dramas and process. Better be awake and observant every second of the feedback loop in relationships. Not paranoid but paying attention. 

@Kalki Avatar Like @zurew said. Spiritual work will eventually lead to a quiet and less reactive body.

And definetly avoid repressing it like @Carl-Richard said. It will come out one way or the other. Gotta find healthy ways to express it or let it out.

Anger is based on hurt, so let's start by contemplating it on our own.

@Kalki Avatar According to historical hearsay, Jesus wasn't always a bag of joy lol

Acting out or repressing emotions are thought to be the only possibilities in our culture. There's a third distinction that can be made! Which is, fully embracing and experiencing anger without acting it out.

Mastering emotions is possible in the sense of knowing what they are, how they come about and what purpose they serve. I suspect that this makes you able to bring them about as desired, or not at all. Imagine an actor who uses emotions as tools depending on the occasion while being aware that emotions are being done by her instead of something inflicted upon.

Edited by UnbornTao

I would say that I have mastered my anger by 95%, based on a simple process. As a result of many events, has settled in me a feeling of weakness , of being a true idiot, of deep shame, every time I have allowed anger to get out of control. Another thing is controlled anger. anger must be kept, let it rest, give it shape, and at the right time, if you decide it, use it.

On 1/11/2023 at 7:48 PM, Kalki Avatar said:

Seems to me like krishna low key had some ego complexes too.

Read The Bhagavad Gita again.

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

- Giordano Bruno, Campo de' Fiori, Rome, Italy. February 17th, 1600.

Cosmic pluralist, mathematician and poet.

23 hours ago, UnbornTao said:

According to historical hearsay, Jesus had an anger management problem

sc3ad.jpg

New distinction! In our culture, acting out or repressing our emotions are thought to be the only possibilities. There's a third option! You can completely experience an emotion, and not having to act it out.

I think that mastering anger is possible, in the sense that you know what it is and are therefore able to bring it about as desired or not at all. In my mind, it'd be like an actor who uses it deliberately depending on the occasion while being aware that the emotion is an activity that she's doing, not something inflicted upon her.

Anger is based on hurt, so let's start contemplating that.

I don’t think this any evidence of an anger problem. If you know the context, it makes sense why this is essentially the only notable display of anger we hear about from his life. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

Enlightenment doesn't turn you into a Vulcan with no emotions. You still feel the energy of emotions arise in the moment. The difference is that rather than amplifying them by clinging or resisting, you let them flow through you. Flow state for the win.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

6bb28aac11654a75862e2a2c1261699d.jpg

"Make a gift of your life and lift all mankind by being kind, considerate, forgiving, and compassionate at all times, in all places, and under all conditions, with everyone as well as yourself. That is the greatest gift anyone can give." - Dr. David R. Hawkins

@Kalki Avatar Hug a tree

<banned for jokes in the joke section>

Thought Art I am disappointed in your behavior ?

Just use your spiritual GIFTS that you create and have made for you. Say, "I Am Stoic" embody being stoic and watch you anger leave you. Remember your training and asked yourself what is anger in my direct experience and then negate it. You can even say "anger negated" your powerful beyond measure, there is infinite power in your words. Speak life, claim the goodness negate the bullshit. Amen! And Goddamn!

@Visionary I embrace what is too. Good advice. I say Fuck you to what i dont like and embrace myself first and change my reality to fit my narrative that i set forth. Because your infinite its your choice where you wanna abide.

On 12/01/2023 at 4:33 PM, Carl-Richard said:

To repress anger is easy. To express it responsibly is harder. I do not recommend repressing all anger. Closing yourself off internally has external consequences. You'll turn into a rock.

A rock with cancer.

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

On 11/01/2023 at 6:48 PM, Kalki Avatar said:

I mean to the point that you can get chopped and remain unreactive. Jesus or Rama level.

Krishna supposedly killed vasudeva just for telling him he is not God. And claimed he is the supreme personality. Seems to me like krishna low key had some ego complexes too.

How did you get to mastered it and what has been your hardest trial? 

Healthy anger should not be suppressed.

It's protective, cleansing.

What is healthy anger?

Healthy anger is when the anger is just about the present situation, without overtones of triggered childhood trauma.

It flows through you quickly, no rage or yelling is usually needed, just an intensity of presence and subtle raising of the voice.

Everyone knows what's up when healthy anger comes to express itself.

When people get diagnosed with an "anger management problem", they just have unresolved suppressed trauma that's mucking up their perceptions.

So using the times when you get "too" angry to find blocked memories, and processing those, is how you master it.

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/