Leo Gura

How To Improve Actualized.org - Mega-Thread

294 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Akashic said:

Thank you for all the work you've done on self improvement and spirituality Leo. And also, for this forum in general. They're all high quality and there's nothing else like them on YouTube really. Anyway, I'm wondering if you can add an option for the journal section to lock it from being commented or followed. It would be really helpful to prevent vandalizers and trolls from harassing the members.

I hope you get to read this, and keep being amazing! @Leo Gura

Why not just write in private journals at that point? I've never really understood why someone would make their journals so public in the first place unless they were willing to face other's opinions, feedback and criticisms on them.

Journals on here are indexed by Google, which means anything you write there is scraped, stored and indexed in databases and easily accessible by anyone on the planet with the right search terms. If you can't handle some criticism on them, use a private note taking system. It'll be a million times better than the features the forum offers for writing anyway.

I don't see vandalizes and trolls on journals, I see people basically doing what they do elsewhere on the forum which is disagree and argue with stuff people say. If you can't handle that on your journals then why not just write private journals instead? This isn't criticism, I genuinely want to understand the mindset of someone who wants to publicise so many private details of their life

Read only journals are necessary. 

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

2 minutes ago, integral said:

Read only journals are necessary. 

You mean comment free journals? 

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

You have to get out of the kitchen where Tate's energy exists ~ Tyler Robinson 

2 minutes ago, Tyler Robinson said:

You mean comment free journals? 

Yes only the journal creator can comment. It’s easy to code. Blocking specific people from commenting can also be good or giving specific people permission to comment also works. 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

Just now, integral said:

Yes only the journal creator can comment. It’s easy to code. Uniting specific people from commenting can also be good or giving specific people permission to comment also works. 

That would be very helpful thank you. 

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

You have to get out of the kitchen where Tate's energy exists ~ Tyler Robinson 

9 minutes ago, integral said:

It’s easy to code

IIRC the forum is just a pre-configured forum plugin, does Leo actually have that much control over it, like the ability to write any code?

11 minutes ago, Akashic said:

I personally journal here because it's like Twitter except there's no socialization involved, which works for my self development as an introvert.

If you don't care about the socialization aspects then just write journals in a private note taking software. You'll get a million times better features like the ability to link pages together properly, way better embedding and image support, much better formatting options, better edit support, much more reliable backups etc. Something like OneNote, Evernote or Notion would be a million times better for journaling if you don't care about people here seeing and commenting on what you write. 

That's what I struggle to understand about journaling on a forum. A) I think I would be driven crazy by the limited features of journaling here and B) I do not want people seeing private details of my life for the exact reasons that you're complaining about. I don't want people commenting on my private shit so I just keep it private in the first place.

6 minutes ago, something_else said:

That's what I struggle to understand about journaling on a forum. A) I think I would be driven crazy by the limited features of journaling here and B) I do not want people seeing private details of my life for the exact reasons that you're complaining about. I don't want people commenting on my private shit so I just keep it private in the first place.

Because they have a desire to be "seen" and express themselves in a public space for their own satisfaction, but they just don't want the interaction. Imagine going to a park because you like open spaces and fresh air, but you don't want strangers coming up to you all the time asking who you are.

As for features maybe certain folks don't want a theme park, just basic grass.

All stories and explanations are false.

Would be interesting to analyse your following as a whole.

Who are the people that follow you and could they be divided into different segments?

Just from my intuition, I would guess that there is actually a core audience who are loyal followers. The people that have watched most of your videos. The people who have been around for the past 3-5+ years. The people who you hooked from the beginning and took on this journey. Myself included.

That segment probably has different needs from other segments.

For example, I could also imagine there being segments of 'noobies' just discovering your work, perhaps also your older videos. Or people who have been in the personal growth/spiritual field for a longer time.

Realizeyourgrowth.com

8 minutes ago, Akashic said:

I never said I don't care about socializing, I care about people seeing my stuff and what I share.

I used to journal in Evernote but I find that I easily make content here. Just the adrenaline of posting I guess.

Maybe I'm complaining but I try to say it respectfully. This is a nice feature to help introverted people with their self improvement, and keep trolls from doing their shenanigans

It's like YouTube, Twitter, some posts can't be commented on. It would be a small but immensely helpful feature for self actualizing

Fair enough. I think it is me that is getting triggered by it rather than you complaining haha. It's just something that I don't personally understand but I should realise that doesn't mean others don't get value from it, instead of getting kinda triggered.

12 minutes ago, something_else said:

Fair enough. I think it is me that is getting triggered by it rather than you complaining haha. It's just something that I don't personally understand but I should realise that doesn't mean others don't get value from it, instead of getting kinda triggered.

Journaling in a community space is more fun and motivating. 

1 hour ago, Bobby_2021 said:

Have more far right memebers in the forum to increase diversity ?

That’s like trying to increase bio-diversity in Florida by introducing more pythons

Why dont you orginazine some online meditation sessions? I mean we talk so much about contemplation and meditation, but never do it together.. :D

5 minutes ago, Tetrapeter said:

Why dont you orginazine some online meditation sessions? I mean we talk so much about contemplation and meditation, but never do it together.. :D

Yeah I think Leo should totally do something live.

1 on 1 sessions or group zoom sessions.

Everyone is waiting for eternity but the Shaman asks: "how about today?"

8 minutes ago, roopepa said:

Yeah I think Leo should totally do something live.

1 on 1 sessions or group zoom sessions.

would prefer group sessions.. easy to do with nearly no effort for everybody.
And with meditation I mean really just mediation together.. I wouldnt expect from leo to make a talk or something.. just together sitting. period

2 hours ago, Bobby_2021 said:

That's like introducing scorpions into Disneyland :P

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Would be cool, if you would share more of your insights here. 

You could start some interesting threads about ideas you're currently engaging with. We could have an earnest and generative inquiry together.

The quality of the discussions here is generally quite low. How you show up here obviously has a big impact.

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

5 hours ago, Bobby_2021 said:

How about introducing more poison in your diet ?

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie