Leo Gura

How To Improve Actualized.org - Mega-Thread

294 posts in this topic

Am I the only one here that avoids most featured/mega-threads like the plague?

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

I like the ideas of @blueberries 

I thought it over and I think some kind of reward system for good posts would help more then it hurts. It could be as simple as being able to give a thumbs up if you liked a post. 
It gives feedback to the people who make posts which helps them to improve and it gives people who read a thread a better overview. 

For the people who just want to dick around there could be some options as well like a live chat where quality doenst matter that much. 

For those who don't know, there used to be a karma system a couple years ago. Then one day Leo announced that he's taking it down. You might be able to find the thread if you search, but I don't think it's coming back again.

27 minutes ago, Jannes said:

I like the ideas of @blueberries 

I thought it over and I think some kind of reward system for good posts would help more then it hurts. It could be as simple as being able to give a thumbs up if you liked a post. 
It gives feedback to the people who make posts which helps them to improve and it gives people who read a thread a better overview. 

For the people who just want to dick around there could be some options as well like a live chat where quality doenst matter that much. 

Then after a petty monkey feels scorned for both a legitimate or illegitimate reason they will attack people with constant thumbs downs.

the better version of this is Leo gets to rank posts that he chooses to but I wouldn’t like that either really because he can just comment on the post what he thinks of it, no need for an additional feature there  

@Juan

5 hours ago, Juan said:

I know you’re not interested on debates but Curt is doing a Λ series of rounds and would interesting to see you talk with someone you’d be interested, if any ofc, like Rupert Spira? I had learned a lot from your interviews tho.  

As a improvement for Actualized.org I might need more time to think since I come to visit from time to time. As a artist, sometimes I focus a lot on teaching and teaching techniques, show my process, etc.  that sometimes it comes good to do and maybe share stuff outside your hardcore teachings, maybe like you did your retreats content, vlogs were great, how to make a journal, maybe show some of your visual art, the point is to keep doing yourself and not be too hard and serious on you, at least that’s how I manage to keep fresh my content.??‍?

Nah, clearly Leo Gura would crush anyone that debates and argues with him about GOD realization and infinity, which is why Leo is not a supporter for debating and arguing others, he'd win easy. ?

I wish there was a way to make the ignore function actually work better. What's the point of ignore if the person who you do not wish to talk to can still continue to talk, and more importantly shit talk about you. I mean the human mind is going to be curious to know what that person is talking about. This does not remove or solve the hostility issue of the forum as some members obviously do not get along with each other and nothing can be done about it. I mean there's no real mental peace option. 

And the other thing that doesn't allow mental peace is the chronic problem of not being able to control who can comment on the journal. Some people enter a journal and write some rude/mean things and there's no way to stop them. And you don't want to report each and every person or you feel bad because you don't want them to get warning points. So if it was something you could just turn off certain users from commenting then the journal becomes an automatic safe space. 

This can be extended to threads on the forum, if someone is repeatedly annoying or trolling your threads there should be an option to not let them comment on your threads anymore. Less drama, hostility and conflict that way. 

Another user has resonated my opinion regarding journal comments - And for the love of god being able to control who can post in your journal or even blocking everyone from posting in your journal. Personally I don't care about this, but others do very much.

Overall the forum has to have resources to deal with hostility and conflict management better. Because a lot of members are discordant with each other and this dislike fuels a lot of unnecessary drama, if there was a way that mods could dissipate such conflict without warning points. Even public or open conflict resolution between members with a mod hearing from both parties is an excellent way to reduce all the shit talking and personal attacks and fights. Mods simply lock threads or stop such discussions rather than allowing some sort of resolution between conflicting or fighting or discordant members. 

There should be like a restraining order system. If you don't want someone talking about you, they should get restriction warning where every time they talk about a forbidden user they are automatically restricted from posting or auto - ban. Constantly asking mods to stop personal attacks or constant reporting is very exhausting and doesn't solve the issue. 

My biggest concern on the forum is that there is no mental peace because you are forced to fight with people you want nothing to do with. It's simply not possible to completely avoid users that you want zero interaction with and if you have to ignore them then there should be an automatic condition that the user is not allowed to talk about you, mention, quote you if you aren't talking about them. It gets extremely difficult and pretty useless to ignore users who are still going to be talking about you, if you can't stop them what's the point of ignoring them. The only thing that you can't see their comment but the whole forum can see it so it's hard to control the drama that spills from it. 

I just wish there were better drama control mechanisms on the forum that quickly dissolves all the drama. 

I have a huge problem with this forum. I see a ton of users here who just come here for gossip, chit chat and drama. They use the forum to talk about others rather than for their own growth. For an introvert like me, it's a total nightmare to watch. I guess these people can be told to do something better with their time rather than use the forum to stimulate drama and gossip. Maybe they can be given a zero-gossip chat option. Because they use the forum as soap opera entertainment, just chewing on stories of others. It will reduce their posts and maybe create some peace on the forum. 

Overall better options to reduce drama, conflict, gossip. 

Remove the time limit on posting in personal messenger so people can feel better chatting privately. It takes away the load off the forum and chatting won't spill into the forum that way. 

There should also be a public chat option as many users have said here, it really helps control posting. You can simply chat with people who you wish to chat with and that way the frequency of posting will automatically reduce and you won't have to deal with forum bullshit. Each member be given a public  chat button next to their name so they can respond to chat instead of opening threads on the forum and the option to transfer forum threads to these chats so there are personalized conversations and nobody is having to deal with threads they don't want to see. These chats should be visible only to people who click on the user and wish to participate in the chat and it shouldn't be visible on the main forum. So a lot of the bickering about excessive posting or people whose threads you don't want, stops. 

There should also be an ignore option for threads. So the threads you don't want to read, click or participate are automatically removed from the list of any subforum when you click on it. 

Edited by Tyler Robinson

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

You have to get out of the kitchen where Tate's energy exists ~ Tyler Robinson 

@Gesundheit2

8 minutes ago, Gesundheit2 said:

For those who don't know, there used to be a karma system a couple years ago. Then one day Leo announced that he's taking it down. You might be able to find the thread if you search, but I don't think it's coming back again.

Was it like the subreddit, this karma system? 

6 minutes ago, John Paul said:

Then after a petty monkey feels scorned for both a legitimate or illegitimate reason they will attack people with constant thumbs downs.

No, I would only give the option for thumbs up. ?

Y’all can organize your own real time talks without Leo, he don’t got time for that shit 

2 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

@Gesundheit2

Was it like the subreddit, this karma system? 

I don't use reddit, and I don't remember how it was here. Maybe someone else knows.

20 minutes ago, Tyler Robinson said:

And the other thing that doesn't allow mental peace is the chronic problem of not being able to control who can comment on the journal. Some people enter a journal and write some rude/mean things and there's no way to stop them. And you don't want to report each and every person or you feel bad because you don't want them to get warning points. So if it was something you could just turn off certain users from commenting then the journal becomes an automatic safe space. 

This can be extended to threads on the forum, if someone is repeatedly annoying or trolling your threads there should be an option to not let them comment on your threads anymore. Less drama, hostility and conflict that way. 

I agree that this should be implemented for journals where you can either block everybody or nobody from commenting. But I don’t think it should be an option in threads because you could abuse that to your advantage. For example maybe you have an opinion about a certain topic and you know that user x will disagree with you on that then it might be tempting to block this person from commenting. Everybody can see the topics so if obvious bullying does occure it can get punished. 

Edited by Jannes

2 minutes ago, Jannes said:

For example maybe you have an opinion about a certain topic and you know that user x will disagree with you on that then it might be tempting to block this person from commenting.

Maybe users who disagree can make their own threads. Less hostility, disagreeing and fights and more harmony that way. 

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

You have to get out of the kitchen where Tate's energy exists ~ Tyler Robinson 

@Tyler Robinson

With all the love, as I said in the past, the only way to fix your challenges forever is to stop giving people cues to bully. What I mean by this is to act more neutrally so you aren't the middle focus of the forum. One negative side of having strong personality and having the need to express it is that you can't possibly control the reactions of others. Blocking users, even if that would be an option, is just like turning lights off so you don't see the mess that you have in the room. On the other hand I see that these are sometimes important mechanisms in order to recover from the inner chaos.

Changing universe to the kind that fits to our standards is always harder than changing our playstyle and mindset about it. I am not denying that these aren't real problems that should be fixed at some point, but in the meantime we should learn to play with the "rules" that we have. For example if we can't handle lots of drama then act so you don't kind of hold "tease me sign" on your forehead. So basically the advice is to take responsibility of the things that happen to you. If you always say that things are fault of others you kind of give the control of your life away to the other people or to the will of external "gods".

That can be one of the reasons you feel like you're hopeless in life, because you let the universe move you around while you're in the movement unconscious of what happens next. It's learning to see the cause and an effect in things you do. Again I am not saying that bad things didn't happen nor that they would stop happening. I am suggesting to learn to handle situations and your actions so you have better chance to get life you wanted. That's the beauty of life in some sense, because it needs to be "built" and is not given for free. I am with you on what you have experienced though.

Thanks for being <3

Who told you that "others" are real?

3 minutes ago, Tyler Robinson said:

Maybe users who disagree can make their own threads. Less hostility, disagreeing and fights and more harmony that way. 

Nobody will ever grow that way. Disagreement is good. 

Fine, add a new button that allows people to click on if they think the post was written with kindness for others or not.

Thinking about Actualized.org really depresses me sometimes, because the potential is so great yet the execution is falling so short. This website has the potential to be one of the best Youtube channels and high consciousness resources ever.

Yet despite all this, I hesitate to introduce people I know to actualized.org, because of certain flaws in your approach. Your content has become haphazard. You don't take the time to fully integrate your awakenings before making stuff like the alien posts. To 99% of people, frankly, they make you look insane. No one will take it seriously. I'm not doubting your claims, but you should save them for another indepth video on spirituality instead. 

If you want actualized.org to reach the largest possible audience, more thought needs to be put into how you put the information out there. I know you're working on a huge book right now, but perhaps you could write something shorter (100-200 pages) in the meantime, just to get your name out there as an author before dropping your magnum opus. What about making another course that's just as practical as the life purpose course, but a bit cheaper? I know the spiritual work you're doing is important, but there's more to Actualized.org than just spirituality. This place is about integrating multiple different facets of life to become a fully actualized man or woman.

So I guess my Top 3 improvements would be:

1. For the Youtube content: Leo, first of all, you are a gifted speaker, perhaps even a master. You can communicate your ideas with so much clarity and nuance, and keep the listener engaged with stuff like visualizations, humor and personal anecdotes, etc. But you really need to diversify your topics, and diversify the way you talk about them. If everything is just going to be "You are God" at the end, what's the point of making a new video? Your head is so high up in the clouds sometimes that it can be hard to relate, and makes the videos of little use for 99% of people.

2. For the blog, I'd say just make more videos just talking or vlogging your retreats like you used to. They were some of my favorite content from you. On the positive, I will say that I do like the fact that you use the blog to share your passions more now (personal stories, songs, etc.) So keep that up.

3. For the forum: I remember there being so many more high quality and open minded discussions, filled with kind and understanding folks. It was like an escape from the rest of the internet. Maybe it's just a shift in culture and what topics are being discussed, but I personally feel there are too many low quality posts nowadays. You need to start locking low quality threads much faster. Back then, the discussions were often so conscious, this place encouraged me to be the best version of myself. But in recent years, I've found that the forum tends to bring out my combative side. Make this place more of an example of what a social media platform can be rather than just another Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, etc.

I still love this place, and I hope for the best out of its future.

Edited by EternalForest

A few suggestions to @Leo Gura:

Create a dim/dark mode feature for the forum. I sometimes come on when it's late at night.

Place a maximum limit of posts per 24-hour cycle, say to 50 posts a day, to save space and discourage excessive posting.

Find a way to make the blog posts more navigation friendly, or have a archiving system to save certain blog posts for users.

Update the website front end look, maybe make it more modern looking or whatever.

Less cursing at others in the forums please.

I think that's it so far in my view. Hopefully the website and forum become a little bit better from here on out.

Just now, John Paul said:

Fine, add a new button that allows people to click on if they think the post was written with kindness for others or not.

I think given the values and intelligence of the user on this forum they would give thumbs up for posts that are actually useful and not just nice. 

Just now, Jannes said:

I think given the values and intelligence of the user on this forum they would give thumbs up for posts that are actually useful and not just nice. 

True* kindness is the most useful thing we have.