Frosty97

Does the world stop existing when I close my eyes?

22 posts in this topic

Does the world stop existing when I close my eyes? If so, How?

I am God. I am Love. I am Infinity. I am Frosty97.

You have never encountered anything and no world but your own mind. Everything you see, hear, taste, touch, smell, feel and think is what the world has always been. What you call “the world” has been nothing but consciousness.

When you close your eyes, your mind still constructs a world that is not seen. Distance is still being constructed, hearing, other minds, feeling/pain, language, etc. are all still being constructed by your mind when you close your eyes. In fact, all you are doing when you close your eyes is you are making the world black. When you open your eyes, your mind creates color, visual distance, shapes, visual objects, etc. 

All Teachers and Teachings are delusion. You have all the answers within you. The first step on the journey to Enlightenment is questioning all the beliefs and teachings you have ever received. Teachers/Teachings are a distraction/maya at the highest level. There comes a point where you need to trust in your own innate knowledge and derive your own insights into the nature of reality. Teachers make a living and lifestyle of selling you water by the river. You don’t need them. All you need is an insatiable desire for truth and then seriously contemplate reality and uncover all that is false. 

@Frosty97 No one knows. All they can offer is speculation. 

I feel the construction of the world is a much deeper process then human eyesight. 

Edited by Matthew85

Close your eyes and touch your nose.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

@Frosty97  I would say it exists till something proves to you otherwise. If you close your eyes you can still fuckin smell and hear which is evidence to me that it does exist bruv.

When you imagine that there is still a world, then there is a world even with closed eyes.

But for example after a psychedelic, when you imagine with conviction that there is no world after you close your eyes, then there is no world and you are floating in empty (head)space.

In the Vast Expanse everything that arises is Lively Awakened Awareness.

Whatever is happening, moment by moment, is reality. How could it be otherwise? Anything outside of your direct experience is just more thought. When one knows the world, one understands the world goes nowhere, even with closed eyes. 

Close them and find out…

*SLAP!*

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Reality is whatever appears. Which can be a world, or the darkness of your eyelids, or the makebelieve idea that there's a you which even exists at all...

When eyes are closed, reality is blackness. And perhaps sensations of touch like the above dude who will slap you.

There's nothing to reality but what appears. And there is no you to whom it appears. The idea of a you appears, and does so to nobody, nothing, and nowhere. Seriously...... And your question is a lot to do with the idea of the fictional you or God character and how it interacts with the world and other people.

It's easy when you stop believing in myths like the existence of a God or I entity... See if you believe in made up stuff like God or self or consciousness, you think it is necessary for that to be present in order for reality/a world to appear. So you think that anything the "you" entity is not seeing must not be there. But there is no you entity, and the stuff appears anyway. So there's no issue about many appearances.

You just dont know whether anything perceptible by sight continues after you close your eyes. Touching your nose just proves that sensations associated with other sense doors still exist. Sense doors arent connected in any way - or they stand on the same ground and therefore all sense doors are one,

When I had this insight my vision became panoramic,

Edited by Michal__

No! according to quantum physics and direct experience, but you can certainly imagine that it's still there, so it doesn't really matter.

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

On 9/29/2022 at 8:04 PM, Frosty97 said:

Perhaps a better question to ask would be does the world stop existing if you shut off all of your senses since you can still detect things with closed eyes. The answer is not easy to articulate, because reality is a hallucination of yours, so in that way it wouldn't exist anymore because there's no one to hallucinate that it exists. The problem with saying that, is that you aren't the human entity you think of yourself as, but instead you're absolutely everything, so if there were other humans still hallucinating that they exist in a world, you're them so in that sense it still exists, just not for you in your specific form of which you're conscious as a self.

Potestas Infinitas, Libertas Infinitas, Auctoritas Infinitas.

On 30/09/2022 at 5:04 AM, Frosty97 said:

If you close your eyes the material world is not affected in any way.

No material impact, nowhere near disappearance. It disappears for you and only you.

Similarly if I close my eyes the universe remains unaltered except for one sensor less (shuttered).

So it is true for n individual observers but not for everyone. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

You are not in the world, the world was always just your mind.

Notice, when the mind is totally off, like in deep sleep, the world is off too.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You are not in the world, the world was always just your mind.

Once, when the mind is totally off, like in deep sleep, the world is off too.

I would say it just takes the form of a cloud of possibility when you don't observe it . Like this famous experiment they've done in Quantum Mechanics..the electron behavior is a particle when you observe it ..but when you don't observe it ..it doesn't disappear..it just acts like a wave .

But who knows. Whatever. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

If you are referring to world as- sensations, color, touch, taste, smell/experience then no it doesn't stop existing.

It's not a rocket science, we can try it now. When eyes are closed, still "world" is there. 

If you are referring to world as physical reality which you believe you are living in; then my friend you are in for a rude awakening. 

There ain't such a world. 

When Leo or other masters say that physical reality doesn't exist, they don't mean that actual experience doesn't exist. It certainly exist. Like it's obvious. 

What they mean is that what you think about physical reality is wrong. It is not what you imagine it to be. 

They are trying to show you that you are living in sheer magnificence and beauty and love and intelligence. 

It's like Leo says, whatever we as humans can do, the universe can do the same on much much deeper capacity. Like universe can love deeper, universe can think better, universe have more tools to play around with. 

And I certainly don't mean that humans and universe are seperate. Human lives are one aspect of universe which has infinite number of instruments to experience itself one of which is human being. 

And the beauty is all these aspects are related to each other in the most holistic fashion. 

It's the best feeling ever when one realises that it's all consciousness.

It's Alive. Conscious. Intelligent. Ever Existing. 

It can't not exist. It is it's nature to exist.

How can it "not exist" when it's nature is to exist? 

Do you see this? 

And when I talk about IT, I mean you, me, and everything that is. 

about Non-existence, why bother about it? Its non existent anyways. 

We can only play around with what exists. 

@Harsh Bagdia so what happens to my house if it is not in my Sensation as human, but all the other people, animals, insects who live in experience this house? 

2 hours ago, OBEler said:

@Harsh Bagdia so what happens to my house if it is not in my Sensation as human, but all the other people, animals, insects who live in experience this house? 

@OBEler firstly animals and insects who live in the house you are mentioning don't consider it as your house. They are living in it as if it is their house. Other humans may certainly think it is your house.

Secondly, what happens as in? It is what it is. If it's not in your sensation that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. 

There are infinite beings that exist right now in your/my room. How many of them we appreciate and notice is a different question. 

I guess this question is stemming from the misunderstanding of "Only you exist".

While it is true that ONLY YOU EXIST, it is extremely important for you to understand what You are.

I feel honored to share this with you :D -

You are the field of experience in which every sensation is happening.

Technically speaking, it's not your sensation. It is the universe's sensation. 

The universe is not out there. The universe is right here. Looking through those eyes. :)

Let me know if this answers your question.