carlos flores

Does Heavy Metal Music Have An Impact On Your Consciousness Or Happiness? Vibes?

102 posts in this topic

I have recently watched videos that  talk about the idea of "what you put into your mind is what you become."  In a nutshell, the type of people you hang out, the type of movie you watch or the type of music you listen is what you become. But how true is this?? the reason I ask this is because i'm a huge heavy metal fan and a lot of the type of music I listen might have lyrics that about the devil or other explicit things. let me give you an example of one of the songs I just recently listened so you get an idea of what i'm talking about. this are the lyrics :

Fight, we will fight right,
Living low in a world of our own,
Destined to live right, fight,
We're taking hell as our home,
Burning lives burning,
Asking me for the mercy of god,
Ancient cries crying,
Acting fast upon the way of the dog,

Welcome to hell,
Welcome to hell,
Welcome to hell,
Welcome to hell.

Kill we will kill death,
Masturbating on the deeds we have done,
Hell commands death kill,
Argue not of feel the death of sun,
Burning lives burning,
Ancient cries crying,

Welcome to hell,
Welcome to hell,
Welcome to hell,
Welcome to hell.

Leave your souls at his feet,
Kiss the flames,
Scorn defeat.

Die we won't die live,
Our choice of difference is what you'll never know,
Mortal voids live die,
Buried deep beneath the fall of the snow,
Burning lives burning,
Ancient cries crying,

Welcome to hell,
Welcome to hell,
Welcome to hell,
Welcome to hell.

Is hearing this kind of this really putting negativity into your life like some claim or affecting your happiness? does it somehow affect your consciousness or affect your growth? I'm really curious to hear what you guys have to say?

Edited by carlos flores

Do wathever you want, there is nothing wrong with metal or any kind of dark scene/genre.

Music is emotions, it makes you feel/experience something - it's always a transition state.

Bad things happens when you judge yourself on what feels right to you.

I wanna share a song which is "dark" to me but which put me in a trance state, or "zone of genius" in seconds :

Edited by Soulbass

"Overall, like every other kind of music, heavy metal has some influence on peoples’ behavior. But there are highly significant individual differences. It may cause aggressive behavior in some people and it may provide relaxation in others. Even researches find some answers that there are no certain results for the harmful effect of heavy metal music."

Heavy metal music is not good for body and mind. Avoid it totally

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

Both you and the music are vibrational. The experience you have is the experience of the frequency they create. Classical composers who were into meditation talked about this. 

If you want to connect to the source, listen to beautiful vocals that bring you to tears.

If you want energy to get something done, listen to Rage Against the Machine or the like. 

Use all energy to your benefit.  Don't judge or be stubborn. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Loreena What a crazy and close minded thing to say. Heavy metal can be immensely powerful on an emotional level, and believe it or not but some of my most profound enlightenment experiences without meditating have been with various forms of metal. Just because you might have a dogmatic view of what metal really is, dont apply it to everyone. 

This is one example of songs that go under the "heavy metal" genre but can be immensely powerful if you let yourself free of dogmatic beliefs and just ride along. At least it was for me

7 hours ago, Loreena said:

Heavy metal music is not good for body and mind. Avoid it totally

Can you elaborate?

Follow me on Instagram for quantum and energetic healing.

The sound is neutral. The world is just a picture inside consciousness.

But the meaning you create with it, at the conscious or subconscious level certainly may influence you.

I think metal is great!  Look at it with the goal of seeking Enlightenment.  It forces us to contemplate death = good.  Its loundness and offensiveness forces us to consider/reject mainstream thinking = good.  Its tribal rhythms and mechanical sounds envoke a trance state that can lead to higher consciousness = good.  That being said not all metal is equal and cathartic.  Take it with a grain of salt.   Imagine that it is the horror genre (like in movies) for music.  Not all horror movies are great either.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DxRoSL0kdQFk&ved=0ahUKEwiz9u-6vovSAhVHzFQKHSmpDAAQ3ywIGzAA&usg=AFQjCNFbpUp8ttYmMvTxuwKtvkywOkhqDg

Dont know how to attach files.  Heres a link to a clip from "The IT Crowd"

Edited by Bronsoval

On 2/11/2017 at 6:01 PM, carlos flores said:

Is hearing this kind of this really putting negativity into your life like some claim or affecting your happiness?

I guess it all depends on what nature and vibe your coming from. 
Just look at Tyler, The Creator's music (golden)(bastard)(radicals) from before.
And look at him now. He seems pretty content.

Real eyes, realize, real lies.

I guess some dudes that do kinesiology tested it and it tested weak. But after all, even though it is rather "negative"/contracting, it can ground you to some degree or show you that you are not defined by what's happening in you or your surrounding. I remember e.g. Adyashanti talking about a retreat where a neighbour played Led Zeppelin all day long. And it showed him what silence really is afaik.
And I also remember Byron Katie playing Korn (her son is the producer Ross Robinson) during workshops/retreats. I am not sure why, maybe to evoke emotion or give "pain" a voice, I don't know. For me I'd rather not listen to it if I don't have to.

I've been listening to heavy metal since I was a kid but only got into personal development and self awareness about a year ago (thx to Leo). I used metal as my go-to for workout music for years but during this last year I started to notice I was leaving the gym in a really aggressive state of mind. So much so that my interactions with my wife and daughter were affected. I started mixing it up with EDM and hip hop beats (no lyrics) and found they didn't have the same effect. Just my experience, take it for what it's worth. 

I still love metal for getting me amped. But I use it sparingly when I A) really need it, and B) won't be interacting with my family immediately after leaving the gym. 

@Bronsoval I actually did realize that I became more open to some of these topics more when I started listening to metal more. It made me feel a bit more comfortable.

@Ape That was quite interesting! But does that mean that the shape water formed is bad?? I wish he gave more detail :P

Open.. Leo describes this I see symbols on a page hear sound it's only sound as if a baby screaming on airplane it's only sound. does it inflict harm or initiate some action. just sound no choice of being if choice is being .. in that airplane with screaming baby . so what is music or sound in that? is it pure ? is it love ? or feed me hold me change me shuuut.. the fuck up!!!!!.. lol so Grace is deaf and not choosing sound.

On 2/11/2017 at 6:01 PM, carlos flores said:

I have recently watched videos that  talk about the idea of "what you put into your mind is what you become."  In a nutshell, the type of people you hang out, the type of movie you watch or the type of music you listen is what you become. But how true is this?? the reason I ask this is because i'm a huge heavy metal fan and a lot of the type of music I listen might have lyrics that about the devil or other explicit things. let me give you an example of one of the songs I just recently listened so you get an idea of what i'm talking about. this are the lyrics :

Fight, we will fight right,
Living low in a world of our own,
Destined to live right, fight,
We're taking hell as our home,
Burning lives burning,
Ancient cries crying,

Welcome to hell,
Welcome to hell,
Welcome to hell,
Welcome to hell.

Kill we will kill death,
Masturbating on the deeds we have done,
Hell commands death kill,
Argue not of feel the death of sun,
Burning lives burning,
Ancient cries crying,

Welcome to hell,
Welcome to hell,
Welcome to hell,
Welcome to hell.

Leave your souls at his feet,
Kiss the flames,
Scorn defeat.

Die we won't die live,
Our choice of difference is what you'll never know,
Mortal voids live die,
Buried deep beneath the fall of the snow,
Burning lives burning,
Ancient cries crying,

Welcome to hell,
Welcome to hell,
Welcome to hell,
Welcome to hell.

Is hearing this kind of this really putting negativity into your life like some claim or affecting your happiness? does it somehow affect your consciousness or affect your growth? I'm really curious to hear what you guys have to say?

Well, I think it depends on what you feel when you listen to it. So, if it makes you feel empowered then it is positive. However, you want to be sure not to mix the empowered feeling with the negative meanings in the song. So, if you feel empowered by the music but the lyrics say "do cocaine!", then be sure to separate out the idea "do cocaine" from the feeling of empowerment. I was always a big fan of progressive rock, grunge, and other hard rock genres. It made me feel on top of the world, which was important to me as someone who had always been walked on it life. So, I found a healthy outlet for my anger, an anti-dote to powerlessness, and an expression for my darkness and strangeness in these genres. However, some negativity did come along with these musical tastes due to the fact that I had a very strong ego and I romanticized certain negative things or convinced myself that I liked things that I didn't because of my identity that was very much shaped by my musical tastes. So, I don't think there's anything inherently negative with enjoying metal and it's important to be honest and not resist what you truly enjoy. However, just be sure that it doesn't feed into an unhealthy ego- identity, and that you can separate out the wheat from the chaff. 

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

11 hours ago, Visionary said:

She never does

Well, that is the problem with forums like these. They present us with great oppurtunities for a spirited and interesting debate, but some people just want the easy and superficial answers. The truth is that even the most "easy" areas of debate can be extremely complicated when you uncover them layer by layer. But the thing is, that requires intellectual labour, which is something most people wont do. So instead of actually contemplating a foreign or different idea, its easy to discredit it. In the end its their loss, because by discrediting things that are foreign to them they rob themselves of interesting and new experiences.