carlos flores

Does Heavy Metal Music Have An Impact On Your Consciousness Or Happiness? Vibes?

102 posts in this topic

@FirstglimpseOMG Completely agree. It's just music. Heavy metal is heavy metal. Why someone has distaste towards it is just preference. It's really ridiculous to think its detrimental to spiritual growth or anything like that. Personally I listen to and enjoy everything from classical to heavy metal, there's a time and place for everything. It's just tones, a frequency. Don't make a mess out of it. 

Since so many people are sharing songs here. Here's my pick. Personal favourite lately (just listen to the lyrics)

Somehow, I made it through

The darkest moments of the night

Ive been blind, but then I saw the truth

What kills me, makes me come alive

Dem lyrics mon.

Edited by Tronds World

Memento Mori 

Flow With Life
https://trondsworld.com

2 hours ago, Bronsoval said:

But Leo, didn't you create it? ? 

I also created Hitler, and my dislike for heavy metal ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

13 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I also created Hitler, and my dislike for heavy metal ;)

...so, How's your Stockhausen listening sessions going? Get any high consciouness vibes?B|

On 2/15/2017 at 8:09 AM, BeginnerActualizer said:

Give this a whirl. I'm not sure what impact this music would have on the mind, consciousness or the body. But I found this guy on the Science and Non-Duality channel, and his voice is SO breathtakingly beautiful.

That. Is. Beautiful bro. Thank you for sharing. His performance is whatever transcended beauty and then sang?? Not sure what to say really. Thanks again. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm More than welcome! 

At first I was like this: O.o

And then I was like this: :x

Really such a unique voice. I've never heard anything like it.

That is the very meaning of the purple cow analogy right? No body else out there sings this way. 

“In the beginner’s mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert’s there are few” 
― Shunryu Suzuki

On February 16, 2017 at 2:45 AM, Bronsoval said:

@Leo Gura @Bronsoval of course he did! Leo is secretly Rob Halford, the singer of judas priest! watch him sing here: :D

Edited by carlos flores

Wow some of u people are so irrelevant to the subject. If you dont listen to metal you cant even express your opinion.."heavy metal" is only a specific kind. Loool so clueless some of you. Ridiculous haha

On Wednesday, February 15, 2017 at 5:45 AM, Leo Gura said:

The best argument against heavy metal is this: you have terrible taste in art :P

Loool Did you even listened to metal just once? 

Just being ignorant.

Every music is art. Is an expression of emotions. Just because you dont like it,doesnt mean anything

On Thursday, February 16, 2017 at 10:45 AM, Bronsoval said:

:P 

Ozzy Osbourne and Black Sabbath created metal back in 1969.

Guys you are being so clueless here.

Just do a research.

It did have a great impact in my teenage years, it gave me a way to vent my angst but now it has too much impact on my ears. I've moved on to other styles to impact my consciousness.

@egoeimai Ok, hang on just one minute. Sabbath? Yes! 

But.. here's the grand-daddy.. Eddie had the 'brown tone',  jimi's was 'ignition, detonation, transcendence.' ..and his inspirations included Buddy Guy and Muddy Waters. Check out 'Electric Mud' by Muddy if you want a taste from the Great-great grand-daddy of metal! Page, Clapton and most of all, Jeff Beck should be included. If it wasn't for these guys, John Petrucci would be your workout trainer.

@FirstglimpseOMG looool all these are rockers not metallers. In fact ozzy,deep purple,and led zeppelin ..

THESE THREEEE.

LOOOL.

metal is a genre of rock music[1] that developed in the late 1960s and early 1970s, largely in the United Kingdom and the United States.[2] With roots in blues rock and psychedelic/acid rock,[3] the bands that created heavy metal developed a thick, massive sound, characterized by highly amplified distortion, extended guitar solos, emphatic beats, and overall loudness. Heavy metal lyrics and performance styles are sometimes associated with aggression andmachismo.[3]

The first heavy metal bands such as Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, and Deep Purpleattracted large audiences, tho

It's fun & funny how the macho, super aggressive stuff they're belting out often mirrors our own feelings, it's just that we usually suppress or internalize it, rather than screaming it at the people and things that hurt or anger us. So metal as therapy, I hear ya!

50 minutes ago, FirstglimpseOMG said:

It's fun & funny how the macho, super aggressive stuff they're belting out often mirrors our own feelings, it's just that we usually suppress or internalize it, rather than screaming it at the people and things that hurt or anger us. So metal as therapy, I hear ya!

Yeah but you have to be introvert in order to internalize your feeling with this kind of music. Even If I didnt like metal,I would as well internalize and supress my feelings. That is who I am. Of course things can change If there is desire to change. But metal is FOR SURE made for introverts...

I'd say just do your thing man, the music I listen too is metal too. Northlane is a band I'm really digging right now, their lead singer (now left the band) Is quite the spiritual seeker himself too. His songs are about Life, the spiritual path, life's struggles. It's very heavy music but what he talks about resonates deep with me. Just do whatever makes you happy is my suggestion, unless it is destructive to your progress.

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

when I listen to metal I can feel my own pain screaming through the band and the song.
anyone else?

Stellars interact with Terrans from ÓB (Earth’s Low Orbit).!

I can relate. I've also found that I can feel my own joy screaming or churning through a wall of  heavy sound too, more frequently lately, depending on the band or track of course. Hard rock and metal isn't all pain and angst from my overall experience or intent. I get guitar and synth tones going sometimes that would burn your teeth off, and it's all ecstacy and joy and tribulation most times.

That stupid sideways scrunch/grin/cringe/mouth hanging open goof look on my face when every cell in my body resonates and reverberates with the sonorous tones pushing air like that, goosebumps on goosebumps. Never more solid feeling, never more powerful. In the moment. Lost in ecstacy but so totally present.