carlos flores

Does Heavy Metal Music Have An Impact On Your Consciousness Or Happiness? Vibes?

102 posts in this topic

@egoeimai Yo :D, so what kind of metal are you into?

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

@egoeimai That's really awesome man, have you ever heard of the bands Northlane and Erra? they are my absolute favorites. More of the metalcore/ djent style though. I really like it

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

Oh thanks for the suggestions!!!! Its really good to know more bands. More bands the better! All kinds,are fine with me.Ive never heard of 'em! 

Bands I listen to are countless. Where to start? Lol. Everything! 

I always enjoyed Tool. And it is very spiritual for me.

I've meditated on heavy metal. But that is actually more of a challenge.
You become this tranquility within a storm. Heavy Metal can be emotional music, doing mindfulness meditation with your speakers blasting it, is a good way to train yourself for difficult situations. Most people are fine meditating when everything is perfect, symmetrical, zen sounds, soft lighting, incense and candles. But what if you are in real trouble in the real world, how will your peaceful practise help you there, when all has gone to shit?!

You can't kill the metal :D 

Some of them (not in order just random) :

Black sabbath w/ ozzy. Blind guardian.behemoth.black label society.abbath.accept.annihilator.cannibal corpse.rotting christ.septic flesh.epica.carcass.arcturus.paradise lost.gojira.anathema.katatonia.opeth.innerwish.judas priest.metallica.metal church.sabaton.manowar.firewind.ghost.disturbed.solstafir.samael.pantera.korn.cradle of filth.obituary.exodus.tool.volbeat.motorhead.ayreon.immolation.fleshgod apocalypse.kreator.godsmack.equillibrium.queensryche.evanescence.lamb of god.devin townsend.megadeth.helloween.testament.death.anthrax.nightwish.nevermore.in flames.children of bodom.

Some of them...just for reference.

I agree.  Heavy metal or country is so depressing to listen to because its all gloom and doom and puts me in a shitty mood.  I'd rather listen to something uplifting and cheerful that's upbeat and positive.  But when my coworkers listen to that crap I just tune out and think about Matt Kahn's lectures or other spiritual things.

I once listened to Heavy Metal, or was it Death Metal, maybe Death Metal, because I had a hellish experience. 

It felt like pandora's box opened, and I somehow, cant explain what that was, but saw a buncha "evil" and destructive looking thoughts moving through my awareness, like thousands of them - well I guess that's how to explain it. I saw greenish snakes, skulls, stuff like that. And that's just from a few seconds of listening :D

I was high on weed however, so this must've triggered the seeing of those, so I quickly turned off this evil spawn music :D. I got the sense it was trully something from hell. So yeah, no thank you, I will keep listening to my fairy stuffs <3 :D

Edited by Dodoster

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

All right, what the actuall fuck.

Why do people demonize any type of music? Metal to person who listens to metal is what pop is to person who listens to pop, it is simply different type of music.. as somebody already stated, freakin' water crystals are bullshit, it does not work so easily so do not share those "studies", you might just as well find studies that suggest the exact opposite about the music.

Writing that heavy metal is not good art sounds quite close-minded and there is not much to say to it unless @Leo Gura wants to expand on that part (or maybe it was just a joke).

Just because you get disgusted by something, does not mean that is like that for everyone else -_-

Dragallur

.. wow we ARE actually having this conversation, well its fine and interesting

When it rains, it pours like hell.
-Insomnium

My blog: dragallur.wordpress.com

2 minutes ago, Dragallur said:

All right, what the actuall fuck.

Why do people demonize any type of music? Metal to person who listens to metal is what pop is to person who listens to pop, it is simply different type of music.. as somebody already stated, freakin' water crystals are bullshit, it does not work so easily so do not share those "studies", you might just as well find studies that suggest the exact opposite about the music.

Writing that heavy metal is not good art sounds quite close-minded and there is not much to say to it unless @Leo Gura wants to expand on that part (or maybe it was just a joke).

Just because you get disgusted by something, does not mean that is like that for everyone else -_-

Dragallur

.. wow we ARE actually having this conversation, well its fine and interesting

I guess it was a joke because Leo definitely shared a close minded opinion about metal. Where are the "studieeesss" ??? 

4 minutes ago, egoeimai said:

@Dodoster  anyone spoke about a serpent? 

The power of now compels you! The power of now compels you!

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

Guys, get some red wine and join the Toast . Enjoy:)

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

I can only say from my perspective that when I revisit some of the music I listened to as a young adult because I had some sense of that it expressed what I felt or was empowering... I cannot really listen to it for 5 minutes now. Some elements I still like though.

4 minutes ago, egoeimai said:

@Loreena I like this as well. Classic stuff. Well known. But for my taste just a little boring. I dont mind listening to this If I go for a walk tho.

It's a good sign that your mind is overstimulated! It's all that devilmusic I tell you! Ah you should find Jesus, young man

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

2 minutes ago, Dodoster said:

It's a good sign that your mind is overstimulated! It's all that devilmusic I tell you! Ah you should find Jesus, young man

Loooool 

Devil is as real as God. Religious people cant help but believe in both.the good and the bad. Well,even If I consider all this bullshit,they need something to believe in,so I get it. 

@Dodoster Good for you man.  I guess it all depends on taste but I think metal is pure chimpery.  Mass produced for the unconscious masses, may they be blessed.

“When I used to do retreats at Sonoma Zen Center, where it was very quiet, we’d be up at 4:30 a.m. to start sitting. It was beautiful and peaceful that time of the morning. The sun was just starting to light up the air before it would come up on the horizon, and there was the amazing experience of just feeling the whole world waking up, your whole self waking. It felt wonderful. About 6:30 every morning, across the street from the Zen temple, the neighbors woke up. The neighbors had a different idea of how to get ready for the day. So at 6:30 every morning they played Led Zeppelin in full volume. This is when dharmic relationship can be learned. It is easy to stay conscious to the birds, to the pleasantness, to the beautiful manifestation of the Divine, to your own true self -- until Jimmy Page starts striking the first power chords. And there it is. There is the invitation. ‘What is that? And what's my relationship with that?’ What I found was that it was just another sound, and that was perfectly okay. And it was beautiful because it widened my sense of the spiritual. It just was what is. There is God pretending to be a rock star. God wasn’t just all the pleasant, good little moments, quiet and serene. This takes the idea of spirituality and rips it right down the center. It says, ‘Okay, you want to see God? Here is God -- all of God. Not just the part you want to see, but all of it.’” - Adyashanti (https://www.facebook.com/adyashanti.org/posts/374048206293688)