KoryKat

the Gurus on here answering everything as "consciousness" is annoying

55 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, KoryKat said:

What does Self-Actualization mean to you????

Maslow defined it as aligning yourself with growth needs and outgrowing deficit needs. Find what inspires you and become a source of inspiration. Self-actualized people spend more time in states of flow in all aspects of their lives; less time worrying, more time creating.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

2 minutes ago, thisintegrated said:

Although you don't realize it, everyone's just trying to help you.  Actualization is a long process, and you're just not yet ready for the more abstract parts that come later on in your journey.  Chase money and women, suffer a few more decades, and maybe then you'll be ready for these discussions.

blunt but true. humility is the antidote to devilry and self deception. Be a seeker, not a preacher.

12 hours ago, KoryKat said:

Arm-chair gurus , its time to be called out.

Be careful not to become what you preach against.

12 hours ago, KoryKat said:

How many of yall are off your asses actually walking the walk like getting results ??

How about you? What type of results are you getting?

one day this will all be memories

4 hours ago, thisintegrated said:

It's just an unfortunate side-effect of Leo's content.  His videos attract two kinds of people: 1. self-actualizers, and 2. incels / guys into "pick-up" / "success".  These two groups of people should never have been put together in the same forum.

No offense, but this over simplification denotes arrogance. I don't have to be condescending and tell you that anyone who ain't into meditating 3 hours per day and doing psychedelics is automatically an incel. Also I can assure you that the vast majority of dudes who are trying to get better at dating won't watch Leo's videos, but some traditional dating guru's.  

4 hours ago, Ninja_pig said:

I agree with you that there is a lot of "just be more conscious brahhhh" stuff that goes around on this forum. Although Leo will deny this, I believe that this general attitude is largely perpetuated by him.

I disagree. I haven't seen Leo giving dumb "higher consciousness" advice in order to inflate his own ego as the people who @KoryKat refers to, are doing. In fact what I've seen is that he quickly determines at what level a person is, and gives advice suitable for his/her level, which is respectable and should be considered normal. You don't go off to a psychiatric hospital and tell the patients to do DMT and not to worry because they are all God and that they are dreaming up their problems. You can technically be right, but if you have such an attitude that can only mean that 1. You miss basic logic skills, in which case you should fix that first (imo highly unlikely) or 2. You have an immature spiritual ego and like to show off without even knowing.     

It's possible to excel in one area of life and lack in the others.

Why else do you think famous artists struggled their entire lives, with their work only making money after they died?

Ignoring the simple preferences people may have for their lifestyle, there are probably more kids and people in third world countries on this forum than we may think.

Meaning, some of us simply haven’t been given the spotlight yet. That’s not a victim complex, that can be true.

Also, again, many of us here are happy with a fork in our eye ;)

Who cares about money?

What have you been doing?

Haven’t you learned anything?!

Just kidding :)

Seriously though, to each their own life.

We didn’t come here to compete or contrast metrics of character.

Most of us came here for Truth and you don’t have to be a billionaire playboy to figure Truth out or talk about it.

In fact, it might slow you down haha

Edited by mw711

Today on: Stage Orange hates stage green

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

1 minute ago, Ulax said:

Today on: Stage Orange hates stage green

Although the amount of spiritual bypassing on this forum is immense.

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

On 4/29/2022 at 10:24 AM, KoryKat said:

Look at people like Elon Musk *actually* doing something and tell me how you measure up in terms of concrete success.

Hahaha

Wake up and you will stop wasting so much energy running away to Mars.

Live smarter not harder.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Ulax

2 hours ago, Ulax said:

Although the amount of spiritual bypassing on this forum is immense.

Agreed. Hard to tell if someone actually is doing the work from a wall of text or is spiritually trolling.xD

On 4/29/2022 at 6:24 PM, KoryKat said:

How many of yall are off your asses actually walking the walk like getting results ??

Are you hitting the gym??

Are you making 6-figure income??

Do you have a smoking hot sex life??

What are you doing besides preaching out your asses??

Arm-chair gurus , its time to be called out.

Im not saying there isnt truth to it... im saying its one-dimensional naive laziness , being over-indulgent to "go-with-the-flow" while living in your parents basements. 

Seriously. What actual real results are you getting in life? Look at people like Elon Musk *actually* doing something and tell me how you measure up in terms of concrete success.

Much love

-Kory

@KoryKat  what youve said here is true haha. lots of people just hear the lingo and just repeat the phrases they hear leo saying. There is an element of positivity in it...in that the expectation to know is sort of a vital first step, to have the balls to assume that you could understand it...it would be better for someone to think they can know rather to think they cant know. your still right, has to be met with practises in reality

Everything may be conciousness. But to say that everything is conciousness is almost as good as to say nothing at all.

When somebody mentions Elon Musk and Mars in the same sentence, I have some strange urge to puke, I don't know why tho.

On 30/4/2022 at 2:53 AM, KoryKat said:

if you want to make a difference in the world, it takes ACTION.

Why the hell would I want to make "a difference in the world" and "change society". That ideology is some kind of christian secularism where some perfect society is awaiting in the future. What I want is stop suffering and get existential answers, I don´t care about material achievements; I only purusue them because otherwise I suffer more, if I don´t have a job and stay in mom basement I suffer more, if I quit bodybuilding and loss my muscles my self steem reduce and I suffer more, if I don´t keep strong disciple I get neurotic and depress, and son on and so on.

Elon Musk and that kind of people are deluded by materialistic religion, what they want is God but they substitute it for earthly goals. They will never be happy that way.

Edited by RedLine

23 minutes ago, RedLine said:

Why the hell would I want to make "a difference in the world" and "change society".

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

It's a legitimate question that can't easily be brushed off with a "turn on, tune in, drop out" type philosophy or bringing Spiral Dynamics into it.

Because a lot of that stuff is simply fear that you have nothing to contribute to the world, or are not attractive, or any bunch of other neuroses. Besides, even if the mainstream culture is so bad, there are alternative cultures to participate in.

We're talking about spiritual bypassing on the other thread, and these attitudes very easily play into that issue.

9 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Hahaha

Wake up and you will stop wasting so much energy running away to Mars.

Live smarter not harder.

That's pretty unfair, Leo.  You can say the same thing about a thousand other things in the past, like "stop wasting so much energy inventing indoor plumbing."  The two realms (of spiritual awakening and material progress) are not necessarily in conflict.

5 minutes ago, SeaMonster said:

That's pretty unfair, Leo.  You can say the same thing about a thousand other things in the past, like "stop wasting so much energy inventing indoor plumbing."  The two realms (of spiritual awakening and material progress) are not necessarily in conflict.

The difference being that indoor plumbing is not viewed upon by most people as a groundbreaking fantastic achievement on par with travelling to Mars. The reason Tesla is worth so much is that Elon is using the same strategies that the US and Russia used to gain power during the cold war. Big promises of solving humanities problems by sending expensive tech to space. Giving people false hope in a way that I doubt the invention of indoor plumbing ever did. But with that said I get your point, material progress is not necessarily bad.

43 minutes ago, SeaMonster said:

Going to Mars in our lifetime is completely unnecessary. It's a foolish idea for people who have their priorities backwards.

But hey, it's your life. Spend it as you like.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.