Leo Gura

The 5-MeO-DMT Mega-Thread

2,963 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Of course microscoop measurements are all relative per substance.

What you do is start with a 1 scoop dose. See how that feels for you, then bump it up to 1.5 or 2 scoops next time.

Of course this has to be done each time anew for each new substance.

Once you are familiar with your substance, counting in terms of scoops rather than milligrams becomes easy and accurate.

There are few substances that I have heard of where one 10mg microscoop will be way too much. Especially if you're plugging it.

I have found milligram scales to be not sensitive enough. I can throw 10mg on the scale, then double that dose and it will still say 10mgs!

Yes if you titrate it like that, it's a fine, safe and consistent method. But you get into problems when someone comes on here and says "I took 15mg of 5-Meo last night". What do they mean by 15mg? When people start reading these doses, and then using their own scoop on their personal batch, you're adding two or three variables that don't need to be there.

I have never had a scale as bad as you describe, and I haven't noticed that to be a common complaint about scales. I really think you've had some bad luck with scales. In the worst case when my batteries get low, my scale will vary by up to 3mg. I have a set calibration weights to confirm this, and I use them every time, and they're dead on every time I use my scale (unless the batteries start to get weak). My scale isn't fancy, I spent $60 on it or something, and people with the even cheaper Gemini-20 seem to generally love it.


How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Leo Gura  your mg scales must be broken. I personally use mg scales for my doses and my scales are super sensitive to little doses.

 

if anyone is looking for a way to dose id personally recommend these ones https://www.amazon.com/PoLLux-Precision-Portable-MilliGram-Digital/dp/B06XWBH633/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?keywords=milligram+scales&qid=1561418087&s=gateway&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1 you can never be sure that you might be sent a faulty one until you get them but my one works fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, nowimhere said:

After your non duality breakthrough (imagination edition) has your opinion on the "law of attraction" changed?

My opinion of LoA changed at long time ago.


You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

My opinion of LoA changed at long time ago.

Is there any way you could give a brief summary on how it’s changed? 

For me LoA got weird when I realized the mind is not separate from “physical” reality 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

My opinion of LoA changed at long time ago.

Does this change any of the content on your life purpose course?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, nowimhere said:

And in afterglow confirmed the power of the law of attraction.

Weird, because last night I was wondering if it would be possible to "hack" the law of attraction with the use of DPT when Leo mentioned the healing with imagination thing. And wondered if 5-MeO would help with it at all. 

 

Can you elaborate on how you confirmed it?

Edited by halo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Leo Gura what is your changed opinion on LOA ?

and whats your opinion on Reality transurfing (Bible of LOA) ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, halo said:

Weird, because last night I was wondering if it would be possible to "hack" the law of attraction with the use of DPT when Leo mentioned the healing with imagination thing. And wondered if 5-MeO would help with it at all. 

 

Can you elaborate on how you confirmed it?

I realized as Leo did that everything is imaginary. Including LOA. LOA is a efficient formula by which you can direct your imagination to get what you want. This appeared to me as mostly a visual "play" if you will (during afterglow) . It's pretty hard to describe what I saw but I gleaned that insight from it. 


"No one can pass the gateless gate. So be no one."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think its very important to think critically about the utility of the microscoop device for reliably measuring your dose. A volumetric device such as this has scant regard for the density of the material within it and the degree of compression applied to the substance when loading. This will undoubtedly affect the dose; for example powder that's loosely kept in a baggie will be denser if compressed for example by being in ones back pocket and sat upon.

The low cost 0.001g precision scales are much better if the following is borne in mind:

1.The resolution at sub-10mg doses is poor especially if directly put onto the pan;

2.A much more reliable method IME, would be to put a cigarette paper upon the pan to establish its weight (small paper is 47-49mg consistently enough for the brand I use), then remove the paper, ADD the powder onto this paper while it is off the pan and then replace it on said pan to establish the weight. Simple subtraction will give you a pretty reproducible result.

3.Adding the powder to the paper whilst on the pan is more likely to give erratic results; this is just part of the technology of the device.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even in baking noone uses volumetric measurements besides Americans. They don't count though because they are fat and eat disgusting food.

Recommending microscoops over a milligram scale makes 0 sense to me. Yes a scale is inaccurate for low doses. My kitchen scale shows 0g until I have at least 5g on there and then jumps to 5g. My milligram scale does the same thing. In fact all scales seem to do that. I usually start at 10mg, so it doesn't matter to me. 


Penis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Corpus said:

I think its very important to think critically about the utility of the microscoop device for reliably measuring your dose. A volumetric device such as this has scant regard for the density of the material within it and the degree of compression applied to the substance when loading. This will undoubtedly affect the dose; for example powder that's loosely kept in a baggie will be denser if compressed for example by being in ones back pocket and sat upon.

The low cost 0.001g precision scales are much better if the following is borne in mind:

1.The resolution at sub-10mg doses is poor especially if directly put onto the pan;

2.A much more reliable method IME, would be to put a cigarette paper upon the pan to establish its weight (small paper is 47-49mg consistently enough for the brand I use), then remove the paper, ADD the powder onto this paper while it is off the pan and then replace it on said pan to establish the weight. Simple subtraction will give you a pretty reproducible result.

3.Adding the powder to the paper whilst on the pan is more likely to give erratic results; this is just part of the technology of the device.   

Shit, i´ve been trying to do this but I think I have always been doing the number 3.

But i can´t see different between number 2.... What do you mean "replace it on said pan". Sorry because english is not my first language


A thought can´t ever tell you how you feel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^^These scales are better at assessing a static weight rather than gauging dynamic changes in weight so adding powder to the paper on the pan will be less accurate. Also, using the example in my post, be alert to the concept of percentage errors ie paper weighs 48mg and I add what I hope to be 4mg of whatever substance. This takes the total weight to 53mg (this figure assumes a little inherent over-estimation by the device)with the powder comprising (4/53 x100=) 7.5%; the added weight of the paper thereby reduces the possible percentage error compared to say me throwing what I hope to be 4mg onto the pan and it registering as 5mg - a percentage error of 25%.

In simple terms, 1. establish weight of paper  (x mg);2. tare the scale to account for the weight of this so the scale reads 0.000mg; 3.remove paper from scale so the scale registers -x mg;4.add powder to the paper whilst it is OFF the scale; 5.put paper with powder back on the scale and the number of mg shown will be a positive number and reasonable approximation of the weight of the powder. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Corpus said:

In simple terms, 1. establish weight of paper  (x mg);2. tare the scale to account for the weight of this so the scale reads 0.000mg; 3.remove paper from scale so the scale registers -x mg;4.add powder to the paper whilst it is OFF the scale; 5.put paper with powder back on the scale and the number of mg shown will be a positive number and reasonable approximation of the weight of the powder. 

Sounds reasonable. Thanks, I have been struggling with the scale :)


Use the Prayer Swat Team!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why is it that I have no problem with microscoops? The right dose every time.

The volume of your substance is not going to change day to day. Just use totally flat scoops and it's very consistent.

Scooping also reduces spills and waste.


You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Just use totally flat scoops and it's very consistent.

On 6/24/2019 at 11:46 PM, Leo Gura said:

 

By flat scoops do you mean take a full scoop of the substance and then flatten it out at the top with something to get a hemisphere volume? I don't know if I explained that properly, hope you get the idea 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Chi_ Yes, but when you flatten it don't push it down into the scoop, slide off the pile lightly sideways.


You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Chi_ Yes, but when you flatten it don't push it down into the scoop, slide off the pile lightly sideways.

Gotcha :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Why is it that I have no problem with microscoops?

Same here. I measure many substances with a microscoop and it's more accurate than my cheap 0.01g scale


"Reality is brutal and it does not care about being fair to you."

                                                                                            -- Leo Gura

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Leo Gura Do you always use 1/4 of tsp Even with oxalate? How do you make sure nothing stays on the spoon if you use oxalate which doesn't dilute completely? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, john23 said:

@Leo Gura Do you always use 1/4 of tsp Even with oxalate?

That 1/4 tsp you mention is not used for measuring the substance, it's merely used as a mixing container. Such a sized spoon is big enough to mix basically any dose of psychedelic that is safe to consume.

Quote

How do you make sure nothing stays on the spoon if you use oxalate which doesn't dilute completely? 

When you suck up the substance + water mixture from the spoon using the syringe, the suction will pull up all particles of matter, even if its not fully dissolved. Of course a few particles tend to remain on the very bottom of the spoon. But you can even suck those up by adding a couple more drops of water after your first suction, and doing a second smaller suction. If done carefully, that second suction should ensure that you get 98%+ of the substance into the syringe.

Use the microscoop to stir the substance into the water.


You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now