Leo Gura

The 5-MeO-DMT Mega-Thread

2,962 posts in this topic

Not me. Just sharing.

We are all one spark, eyes full of wonder

“Take the lowest place, and you shall reach the highest.” 

“In the monastery of your heart, you have a temple where all Buddhas unite.” - Milarepa 

On 8.7.2019 at 3:27 PM, Serotoninluv said:

@Schahin I understand the desire to know what will happen on a trip, to avoid discomfort and find solutions to life problems. There are a lot of variables involved with psychedelics including setting, dosage, type of psychedelic, prior conditioning of the mind-body and current mindset. We can do research and prepare the best we can, yet there is also some self experimentation and uncertainty involved. It sounds like your body went into “fight or flight mode” because it felt like it was unsafe and tried to self preserve. If you increase the dosage, you could “breakthrough” this mechanism (if it appeared again) or it could intensify. This can be quite stressful to the mind-body, so I would be cautious. To me, it doesn’t sound like this was a good setting and I would change the setting such that the mind-body feels more relaxed and safer. Perhaps in nature, in a meditation room, with soothing music, with a trusted friend etc. I would also gain more experience on lower dosages and with standard psychedelics like lsd. Or perhaps synthetic 5-Meo and working your way up. Also, it seems like your intentions to heal and help family members is deeply genuine and there is a very strong desire to use psychedelics for this purpose. This can set up strong personal desires and expectations, which I’ve found is not always the best energy with psychedelics. The substances often lead to “trans-personal” nondual awareness in which the personal story and personal problems dissolve and become irrelevant. Many of the lessons psychedelics have shown me seem to be unrelated to personal issues. Yet with spiritual growth, can be indirectly helpful to working through personal issues. This is part of the integration process. I try to relax expectations and desires that I get something specific from the trip. Rather, I make a humble request and intention to orient myself. Then, I try to let go and be open to whatever lessons may arise during the trip.

@peanutspathtotruth ? ❤️ 

Is there any therapeutic value for a sub breakthrough dosage? It was my first time and I wished the facilitator wouldnt have brought me there giving a low dosage and then becoming insane and coming back to my body who is actually very disappointed by me having tried to murder it. 

So now I have been taking calming pills everyday otherwise I get very disconnected and fly into the insanity. 

I am trying to water fast which helps but everytime I get seduced by something solid to eat I feel disconnection and spaciness going towards that insanity feeeling. 

I have the feeling I have to repeat it with the breakthrough dosage in order to find out who I am because during the oncoming phase of ego death I totally forgot who I am and where I was, like beconing insane and confused. But I have no idea if it gets worse, as I just want the medicine to heal me and give me understanding and not to show me more terror, but I have no idea how it works after the breakthrough. 

I am not good at letting go of certain things in my life, for example my dear brother who is dependant on me. So what will I expect if I dont let go? 

Edited by Schahin

On 04/07/2019 at 8:38 PM, outlandish said:

@Goodpeace it's possible for freebase to pull moisture from the air, and degrade a little bit, or have slight impurities and end up looking like that. It doesn't take much impurity for discoloration to show up.

This is another opinion from reddit about my orange 5-MeO:

"I guess it was heated and became like that because of it. Maybe it was left in the sunlight for some time and then melted —> recrystallized after. It is normal just measure your doses. Mine looks oily and brown when melted."

@Goodpeace yeah I think you should be fine. Always best to proceed with caution, but nothing seems too weird there to me either.

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

@Schahin  Yes, there is value in all dosage levels. To me, it seems like this is very new to you, that you are ungrounded and learning. It sounds like you want immediate relief. I would be cautious, create safe settings and use lower dosages of lsd (or perhaps 5-meo) - and gradually work your way up and gain experience. 

On 10.7.2019 at 10:57 PM, Serotoninluv said:

@Schahin  Yes, there is value in all dosage levels. To me, it seems like this is very new to you, that you are ungrounded and learning. It sounds like you want immediate relief. I would be cautious, create safe settings and use lower dosages of lsd (or perhaps 5-meo) - and gradually work your way up and gain experience. 

On 10.7.2019 at 10:57 PM, Serotoninluv said:

Thank for you advice brother, 

But having almost experienced death and totally panicked on it, is it advisable to use anything less than 5 meo/Bufo? Because any other psychedelic could lead me to that same panick again, and make things worse maybe. I mean i dont know whats your opinion? 

Edited by Schahin

On 11/06/2019 at 10:54 PM, Leo Gura said:
  • Oxalate: hardest to dissolve. Use hot water and stir it for several minutes. Eventually it will dissolve almost completely.

Is it good, would I destroy something if I boil it with lighter in a metal spoon for faster dissolving?
Very useful info, thanks! Many people think it only works for HCL...

Edited by Goodpeace

1 hour ago, Goodpeace said:

would I destroy something if I boil it with lighter in a metal spoon for faster dissolving?

These are delicate molecules we're dealing with, so you definitely don't want to boil it or apply a flame to it.

Just put a shot glass of water in the microwave for 20 seconds. It gets very hot. Then you can pour that onto your substance.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

These are delicate molecules we're dealing with, so you definitely don't want to boil it or apply a flame to it.

Just put a shot glass of water in the microwave for 20 seconds. It gets very hot. Then you can pour that onto your substance.

I'll do it :)

@Leo Gura may I ask?

- What did you feel on your first hit of 5-MeO-DMT? What was the dose?
- How many hits did you have before your breakthrough?
- What did you feel on your last hit before the breakthrough? What was the dose?
- Under 5-MeO did you remember something completely forgotten? Did that remembering change you in good way, ending some compulsive behaviour or bad patterns for example?

I know the general rule is to not mix anything with taking 5-Meo, but what about doing a little marijuana beforehand? To just get into a relaxed state going into the deep 5-MeO journey. Does anyone have any firsthand experience with this, either beneficial/enhancing, or harmful?

On 7/14/2019 at 8:50 AM, Goodpeace said:

@Leo Gura may I ask?

- What did you feel on your first hit of 5-MeO-DMT? What was the dose?
- How many hits did you have before your breakthrough?
- What did you feel on your last hit before the breakthrough? What was the dose?
- Under 5-MeO did you remember something completely forgotten? Did that remembering change you in good way, ending some compulsive behaviour or bad patterns for example?

It takes too much effort to explain all that.

Just do it yourself and see.

I have older videos which describe my initial breakthroughs in a lot of detail.

On 7/15/2019 at 9:07 PM, Jed Vassallo said:

I know the general rule is to not mix anything with taking 5-Meo, but what about doing a little marijuana beforehand? To just get into a relaxed state going into the deep 5-MeO journey. Does anyone have any firsthand experience with this, either beneficial/enhancing, or harmful?

Never got any input on this. So putting it out there again. 

31 minutes ago, Jed Vassallo said:

Never got any input on this. So putting it out there again. 

I recommend you keep things simple and just take 5meo dmt by itself. If you're very accustomed to cannabis, and after you've become familiar with 5meo-dmt you still feel it's worth experimenting with mixing them, go ahead, but I predict it will only make it more confusing and muddy.

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

@Jed Vassallo I would say it depends on your reaction to weed. I have mixed weed and 5-MeO often. Unfortunately weed makes me hornier than sitting in a jaccuzi with a bunch of naked 10s. Masturbating on 5-MeO is not one of my proudest moments, though unforgettable too. Maybe that makes me a devil.

Weed makes the trip longer. I recall my trips being over 2 hours sometimes. 

If you want to feel a bit more relaxed, you could also make sure you are feeling good in your environment. I feel really good about myself when I have cleaned up my room and everything looks nice. You could also take a walk in the forest, along the river or meditate for half an hour, drink a cup of good quality green tea, go for a run or do anything that makes you feel good naturally. 

I have probably "wasted" many opportunities for growth by providing myself with "a way out" when I added weed.

1 hour ago, Psychonaut said:

Masturbating on 5-MeO is not one of my proudest moments, though unforgettable too. Maybe that makes me a devil.

LOL

The Lord of Light works in mysterious ways.

@Leo Gura Infinite love awakening... Curious was that 5 MEO or DPT?

"No one can pass the gateless gate. So be no one."

4 hours ago, nowimhere said:

@Leo Gura Infinite love awakening... Curious was that 5 MEO or DPT?

Both can take you there.

I'm a fan of DPT though. It's got that amazing visionary quality.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Both can take you there.

I'm a fan of DPT though. It's got that amazing visionary quality.

Beautiful. I have experienced a deep penetrating whiteness while on 5 MEO. A few times actually. Leaves you speachless and in pure bliss after "seeing" the face of god. (And being it, afterall) it most likely wasn't to the extent that you spoke about on your blog, but it was intense regardless :) 

I always get this rush of fear before I do 5 MEO DMT. 

The fear doesn't even have any reason attached to it (what if this , what if that) its just a sensation. I think its partially due to the fact that the ego self knows that its about to be annihilated. Or maybe that's the entire reason. 

Any advise on how to deal with this sensation?

I did see this : https://www.actualized.org/insights/the-antidote-for-pre-trip-anxiety

But one time with doing 5 my ego "held on" to a song I had stuck in my mind. And as a result, no breakthrough happened. So I'm not sure if this will work. Anyone have any insights on this?