Thought Art

Please Define Liberation

27 posts in this topic

Hey everyone I am looking to collect definitions of ‘Liberation’. Please share yours below. I will add mine here as well.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Non-attachment to thought. Freedom to express joyful will under all conditions.

“Life is just a break from an Infinite Orgasm. Prolong your break for as long as you want. Ride that wave. But don’t forget where you're headed.”

Awakening. Synonymous with liberation. 

The realization that reality is just a dream within your own mind .

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

Complete surrendering and submission.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

It's the disentangling from the socially conditioned matrix of mind known as ME.

It's not that a someone becomes untangled.

It's the recognition there just never was a real individual tangled in the first place. 

It's not even a real happening, it's the end of an unreal experience or misunderstanding of separation.

❤ 

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

Freedom from identification from the mind and body.

@Thought Art

63. The fruit of absolute knowledge is the destruction of all sorrows and the attainment of fearlessness.  That is called moksha (liberation).

64. Fear arises from the belief in another.  Where is another when advaita is known?  Darkness vanishes with the rising of the sun.

65. Oh sages, there is no fear after giving up the thought of duality.  However, fear continues when anything is seen as other than the Self.

66.  Everything in the world other than the Self has an end.  With impermanent things comes a fear of loss.  How can fearlessness result from that? 

67. Anything joined together ends with separation.  Therefore, whatever is acquired from that joining will be lost.

68. Any fruit gained other than the Self denotes fear of loss.  Only the fruit gained that is identical to the Self is absent of fear.  That fruit is called moksha. 

69. When the knower, knowledge, known, and the fruit have become one, that is moksha, which is free of all fears.

~Tripura Rahasya 20:63-69

@Shambhu High quality share as usual... :)

Just throwing a random definition out from my own experience -

Liberation can be described as the direct experience of perception no-longer entangled with itself. Perceptual non-interference has been seen so clearly, developed so completely, that all possibility of objects, time, space, self, other, and suffering cease. This clear seeing directing, palpably coming into contact with the space out of which space, time, and all perception arise and pass back into, moment after moment. It is an encounter with infinity, God, absolute now. 

One practical way to access this clear seeing is to use Shinzen Young's Gone technique. It helps attention begin to stablize on the space from where perception is arising out of and passing back into. This technique helps attention stablize on the the underlying context of all experience, which also happens to be God. Combine this with hardcore self inquiry and you'll accidentally liberate yourself. 

The thing people REALLY mean when they use the word Enlightement. :P

I forgive my past, I release the future, and I honor how I feel in the present. 

all lack of love breeds fear. fear enslaves and chains attachment. Realize total love erases fear and frees completely from the chains of the ego

Knowing your true nature with absolute, unwavering, clarity.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

15 hours ago, BipolarGrowth said:

Not wanting anything at all. 

Yes, if you also include not wanting to not want anything at all. Which then includes wanting.

Liberation is what is already.

There isn't anything which isn't liberation already, that's simply an illusion.

To speak of finding liberation is a concession - it can be useful, but strictly speaking it's not true.

Alternative Rock Music and Spirituality on YouTube: The Buddha Visions

On 19/03/2022 at 8:36 AM, thisintegrated said:

It's when the Russian military comes knocking on the door with missiles.

lol