Leo Gura

Understanding Russia & Putin

708 posts in this topic

US Congress: Flint water supply fix - 9 Billion (can't afford it)
Ukraine Weapons - 14 Billion (took 3 days to approved)

Why do we always have support for war, but nothing for our own people?
How anyone could support sending more Ukrainians (and Russians) to their death is a strange outcome of our Earthly existence. Highly propagandized.

It would be wise to let our ostensible "representatives" know that we do not support a "No Fly Zone" with Russia.
Because that is calling for WW3. (It is being pushed by Zelensky in congress right now and you would be surprised the amount of people from left and right that support this).

Peace is the only solution.

FNlSIEeXoAQzd-j.png

2 hours ago, Knowledge Hoarder said:

Khabib had a sambo backround, and he was smashing bjj black belts with no problem. He even had this shirt one time "If sambo was easy, it would be called jiu jitsu"?

Elon is not challenging Khabib.

589b4da582250818d81e748f.png

9 hours ago, Knowledge Hoarder said:

Seems like he's getting a bit desperate for attention. Which in some way makes sense, since attention whoring and twitter advertising is a part of his business strategy nowadays.

23 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Russian military power has never been professionalism, it was simply a willingness to throw millions of people into battle.

When my grandfather fought the Nazis in WW2, Russian soldiers were sent into battle without a weapon. You had to find your weapon off a dead man. And if you didn't want to fight they would shoot you.

My grandfather had some funny WW2 stories. One time a Nazi officer caught him (he was a teen) and pulled his pants down to give him a beating on the ass. While he was beating him, my grandfather shat all over him.

I wouldn’t say Putin is exactly comparable to Stalin when it comes to this. It isn’t 1942 anymore where he can send in troops in without anything. The troops do seem to be supplied with some stuff but the fact some don’t have rations and proper gear is kinda ridiculous in 2022. At least one would think watching the propaganda about their army that this wouldn’t be a thing anymore. just seems really a strange  remnant of the old Soviet Red Army to still have this issue. I heard there have been instances of Russians pawning off fuel and gear for money to buy food cause they lack rations and re supply. There is a video showing the passport of 19 yo Russians dead in Ukraine. I’m convinced half of the Russian army is abused cannon fodder from the poor countryside. It’s disgusting. 

Edited by Lyubov

On 07/03/2022 at 4:39 PM, hello1234 said:

On 07/03/2022 at 4:39 PM, hello1234 said:

''society is culpable in not providing free education for all and it must answer for the night which it produces. If the soul is left in darkness sins will be committed. The guilty one is not he who commits the sin, but he who causes the darkness.” ― Victor Hugo, Les Misérables'

Wonder if this will turn into a second Afghanistan for Russia. 

Also, Ukraine is getting world class intel from the US and EU. USA is providing, in real time, intel and logistics to Ukraine and helping them on the battle field with this. It’s much easier to defend in a situation like this over mount an offensive. 

Edited by Lyubov

So I guess he’s talking to his base here? There are thousands of Russians, mostly from Moscow, who are fleeing to the west, Turkey, Asia, etc. These are not the MAGA type Russians but the ones with education and financial resources. Most of them are based in Moscow and SPB. This guy is literally forcing a massive brain drain. There won’t be a middle class there before we know it. Just a poor caste and the ruling caste associated with the government. 

2 hours ago, Lyubov said:

So I guess he’s talking to his base here? There are thousands of Russians, mostly from Moscow, who are fleeing to the west, Turkey, Asia, etc. These are not the MAGA type Russians but the ones with education and financial resources. Most of them are based in Moscow and SPB. This guy is literally forcing a massive brain drain. There won’t be a middle class there before we know it. Just a poor caste and the ruling caste associated with the government. 

very strange. insinuates popular lynching of rebels? and the lgtb issue. only real machos can stay in Russia?....starts to sound like a lunatic

Edited by Breakingthewall

Arnold speaking truth

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

@Lyubov I watched that clip of Putin and he's talking incoherent gibberish. How is a able to lead a country? He's even more incoherent than Biden.

Assuming it's translated correctly of course

Edited by vizual

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

6 hours ago, vizual said:

The original Gigachad telling like it is :respect:

“We have two ears and one mouth so we can listen twice as much as we speak." -Epictetus

I call it terrorism when civilians are being bombed intentionally, it's curious when such standards are not held for Putin.

It must be the privilege of all privilege to sit in the west and choose to believe Russian propaganda, makes it easy at least to understand how they are fooled those who posses no such choice.

how much can you bend your mind? and how much do you have to do it to see straight?

This is pretty incredible and interesting breakdown of the war rally in Russia today orchestrated by the kremlin 

I’d say Russian people are very sheep like when it comes to their government. It’s a mythical figure to many, not to be messed with and only obey. 

14 hours ago, vizual said:

Arnold speaking truth

He's a hypocrite. He's not against war.

If this image was an art, I would call it a "Hypocrisy".

Edit: Would just add "Ukraine" under Russia's list, because that's what's unfortunately happening today. An attempt to subdue a whole country.

FB_IMG_1647707042822.jpg

Edited by somegirl

On 3/17/2022 at 7:43 AM, Lyubov said:

This guy is literally forcing a massive brain drain. There won’t be a middle class there before we know it. Just a poor caste and the ruling caste associated with the government. 

Leaving only the unorganized, unintelligent, resource starved poor to manage and control over. That sounds like an awfully effective way to maintain power indefinitely, which is the ultimate goal of any large, corrupt ego.

It's interesting seeing the contrast between collective egos taking place here. From most peoples (particularly Western) POV this whole maneuver seems absolutely insane. That there is nothing to gain from this war, and it's strategically bankrupt on every level. That may be true, but that's only because it's being viewed through the lens of a different value system.

From Putin's POV and from his desires, he will take whatever course of action he deems necessary to maintain or increase the level and duration of his power, regardless of the costs he has to pay (and unfortunately make others pay). No cost is too high to pay because everything else is of comparatively lower value. He will sacrifice personal reputation, Russian lives, Ukrainian lives, the future of the economy, Russian geopolitical standing, etc. if the means help him reach his ends. This is what ego does, it exploits. Go wherever you see inequality and suffering, and corruption, and not too far from it you'll be guaranteed to find some fat monkey holding more bananas than they could possibly eat.

To truly understand this you just have to play the mental game of imagining what it's like to be him or someone like him, and suddenly it's not so hard to rationalize all the terrible shit you see happening. Of course it's difficult to detach and do that temporary cognitive transplant because we have all our own biases, hate, and own personal and collective value systems we like to hold onto at every moment. So from where most of us stand we righteously brand it as insanity.

To discover ones true values and motives, is to begin to understand their actions. If this war doesn't literally end Putin and his most loyal likeminded peers, and they maintain a grasp on their personal positions and wealth for the next 10-20 years until they're dead, then the risk will have paid off and they will have won the selfish game they chose to play. If one doesn't understand that risk it's because they simply don't value the same things.

The problem is these games aren't played in a vacuum. Everyone has to suffer the consequences of the selfishness of the few.

hrhrhtewgfegege