Leo Gura

Understanding Russia & Putin

708 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, itachi uchiha said:

@hello1234

World were ignoring innocent civilians and children getting killed in middle east and africa.what makes ukrain so special

Ukraine is a democratic country with stable government. Ukraine literally hasn’t done anything to provoke this war other than be independent. I am sure you are no expert nor care about the situation in Middle East or Africa, you are just monkeying pro-russian propaganda. 

30 minutes ago, itachi uchiha said:

@hello1234

World were ignoring innocent civilians and children getting killed in middle east and africa.

Again this is false. There was constant coverage of civilian deaths during Iraq, Afghanistan I had tuned out to politics when Syria came around. 

2 hours ago, hello1234 said:

Ukraine is a democratic country with stable government. Ukraine literally hasn’t done anything to provoke this war other than be independent.

So what??? What kind of discrimination is that?

Just because it's democratic country, the lives of Ukranians are worth more than lives in some other poor country in Africa?

Civilians in any country are worthy of having a good life! No matter if they live poorly or in democratic social systems.

@somegirl IF we allow ourself to distinguish between instrumental and intrinsic value then I would be sure to agree with you that people in general are worth as much as each other regardless of which country they live in, as constituting intrinsic value.

Yet a declaration of war on a people of a certain system stands in instrumental relation to our own countries. Every country has an instrumental effect on all others, but there we must then distinguish between degrees, and Ukraine is in the middle of Europe.

This makes things complicated.

Edited by Reciprocality

how much can you bend your mind? and how much do you have to do it to see straight?

1 hour ago, somegirl said:

So what??? What kind of discrimination is that?

Just because it's democratic country, the lives of Ukranians are worth more than lives in some other poor country in Africa?

Civilians in any country are worthy of having a good life! No matter if they live poorly or in democratic social systems.

I haven’t, on purpose, said anything about Africa or some “other poor country”, I am focusing on Ukraine and not diverging, I especially don’t like talking about something I am not fully educated on. 

There is two kinds of people in this world, one kind when they go through hard times they say “I don’t want anyone to suffer the way I did” and another kind is “I suffered, why shouldn’t they”. You sure are the second kind. 

I do wonder, however, if people would bring up Africa and “some other poor country” in an argument if Canada, England or France were bombed.

Edited by hello1234

11 hours ago, K Ghoul said:

Lol did you notice how I have nothing in common with like 99% of people on this forum? Same irl 

I don’t belong on this forum just like I don’t belong on the west

I’m going home 

alright if that's what makes you happy :) 

i don't think you're alone here though you have your little gang going on here imo with vladi and some other russia supporters, most of whom i have on ignore :P

11 hours ago, K Ghoul said:

i was in a packed "russian" banya a few hours ago, with the birch twigs and all

they played this song 

4 hours ago, Reciprocality said:

and Ukraine is in the middle of Europe.

imo it's not in the middle, it's on the edge of europe

Edited by PurpleTree

3 hours ago, hello1234 said:

There is two kinds of people in this world, one kind when they go through hard times they say “I don’t want anyone to suffer the way I did” and another kind is “I suffered, why shouldn’t they”. You sure are the second kind. 

Bravo. You figured me out. Damn... 

My evil plan has failed.

Edited by somegirl

"‘Hell on earth’: survivors recount the assault on Mariupol.

In the besieged city of Mariupol, scene of the heaviest fighting in Russia’s three-week war in Ukraine, people are so hungry they are killing stray dogs for food.

Once one of Ukraine’s most important ports, Mariupol is now a charnel house, a city of ghosts. For more than two weeks it has been subjected to a Russian bombardment of such intensity that it has turned whole neighbourhoods into piles of smouldering rubble.

Mariupol authorities said 2,400 residents of the city had been killed since Russia launched its invasion.

Survivors described desperate attempts to stock up on supplies while bombs exploded around them. Dmytro said he visited the central market last Sunday after it had been flattened by a Russian artillery attack. “Everything was burning, there were corpses everywhere, and I was just walking through, picking up a cabbage here, a carrot there, knowing it meant my family would live another day or two,” he added. “You become completely desensitised.”

Witnesses depicted post-apocalyptic scenes of stray dogs eating the remains of bombing victims who lay unburied on the street. Civilian casualties have been placed in mass graves or buried in the courtyards of houses: proper funerals are too dangerous. Russia’s medieval-style siege of Mariupol also left its residents facing an acute shortage of both food and water. With no gas, they cook food on camp fires made from broken furniture in the courtyards of their houses.

Osichenko said people in his house, desperately thirsty, drained water from radiators, collected and melted snow and also scoured local parks for freshwater streams. “But queues would form there and that was a perfect target for Russian missiles,” he said. The streams also fell out of favour because they quickly became contaminated by corpses.

Images posted on social media have chronicled the extent of the devastation — huge apartment blocks turned into infernos after suffering a direct hit, the flames sending vast columns of black smoke into the sky, roads strewn with the burnt-out hulks of ruined buses and cars reduced to mangled heaps of metal, the 10m crater left by a bomb dropped on one of Mariupol’s children’s hospitals."

https://www.ft.com/content/af7996a9-8c16-4421-a5b3-390315d3c7dc

Edited by Blackhawk

24 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

alright if that's what makes you happy :) 

i don't think you're alone here though you have your little gang going on here imo with vladi and some other russia supporters, most of whom i have on ignore :P

i was in a packed "russian" banya a few hours ago, with the birch twigs and all

they played this song

No you did not go to banya purp stop lying lol

oh yea vladi. I am posting about Varg and Zelensky on his thread. Would be cool if you could participate (I kinda wanna discuss Zelensky dance he is soooooo funny and Varg too he’s been running is mouth again and got himself on Ukraine enemy list) but then you would have to unblock him so idk. 
?

4 hours ago, hello1234 said:

I haven’t, on purpose, said anything about Africa or some “other poor country”, I am focusing on Ukraine and not diverging, I especially don’t like talking about something I am not fully educated on.

Previous comment asked you why is Ukraine so special as in, why compared to Africa and Middle East, Ukranian citizens deserve to live more than other countries (because in my opinion any human life is just as worthy as european lives) and your argument was that it is a democratic country. And I asked you why does it matter that it's democratic country because it shouldn't matter where, a human that is suffering, is from.

I agree that Ukraine shouldn't suffer, but also West should have been more sympathetic to civilians and children getting killed in Middle East and Africa, the way they are "sympathetic" towards Ukraine now. But of course they didn't bat an eye when actually they were the ones commiting those crimes. So it's okay when they kill civilians, but when others do it, they suddenly become a god of morality and ethics and they suddenly sympathize and condone the war, when they themselves killed and ruined people's lives in the past.

I actually never attacked you personally so you can go ahead and not add any epithets to me (tell me I want others to suffer for example) or insunuate something that has to do with me as a person, because that's a boundary I'm not gonna tolerate when I go back and forth with someone. I didn't tell you that you were evil or anything rude, so I would expect the same back.  

Edited by somegirl

27 minutes ago, somegirl said:

Previous comment asked you why is Ukraine so special as in, why compared to Africa and Middle East, Ukranian citizens deserve to live more than other countries (because in my opinion any human life is just as worthy as european lives) and your argument was that it is a democratic country. And I asked you why does it matter that it's democratic country because it shouldn't matter where, a human that is suffering, is from.

I agree that Ukraine shouldn't suffer, but also West should have been more sympathetic to civilians and children getting killed in Middle East and Africa, the way they are "sympathetic" towards Ukraine now. But of course they didn't bat an eye when actually they were the ones commiting those crimes. So it's okay when they kill civilians, but when others do it, they suddenly become a god of morality and ethics and they suddenly sympathize and condone the war, when they themselves killed and ruined people's lives in the past.

I actually never attacked you personally so you can go ahead and not add any epithets to me (tell me I want others to suffer for example) or insunuate something that has to do with me as a person, because that's a boundary I'm not gonna tolerate when I go back and forth with someone. I didn't tell you that you were evil or anything rude, so I would expect the same back.  

You keep on shitting on many people here and acting as if you’re better than everyone else because you are “able to see the situation from multiple views”, that everyone else is biased here, that everyone else here is lazy and closed minded. I don’t want to engage with you, because I think you just want attention, be it negative or positive, and don’t want to hear/read what other people are actually saying. I have said many times before, pointing out NATO’s alleged hypocrisies is one of putin’s propaganda techniques to justify the war that is happening right now. 

Edited by hello1234

23 minutes ago, K Ghoul said:

No you did not go to banya purp stop lying lol

oh yea vladi. I am posting about Varg and Zelensky on his thread. Would be cool if you could participate (I kinda wanna discuss Zelensky dance he is soooooo funny and Varg too he’s been running is mouth again and got himself on Ukraine enemy list) but then you would have to unblock him so idk. 
?

Nono it's true but this is like a big spa/wellness thing with 4 saunas, 6 steam baths etc. and also this fun big russian banya house, i've been there quite often they always play the same song actually

hmmm let me think about it. Nope vladi stays on ignore, i can only take so much of the pro russia faction :P 

@PurpleTree I saw it Purp. But I’m also paying attention to non-Western sources so I also saw videos of Ukrainian army placing themselves inside schools and then when Russian is shooting them up the news comes out that Russian troops are committing war crimes by shooting at schools and residential buildings. They’re leaving out the important context, the news is not investigative journalism anymore, on neither side. 
I watched the video to this photos and they spoke Ukrainian so the talk about Ukrainian soldiers hiding in schools seems legit:

14355419-F3F6-4BF5-B19E-69ADE3A872A2.jpeg

107271A6-3C3F-4D5C-8A18-1D18FA9AC532.jpeg

@hello1234 Shitting on people hahahahaha. Wanting attention. Omg.

Was lovely talking to you.

You are not lazy and not biased and you are just perfect, okay? Also you are right regarding this whole situation.

Gonna prioritize my mental health and save my nerves and not engage with people like you too. 

Have a great life. You need it. 

Edited by somegirl

23 minutes ago, K Ghoul said:

@PurpleTree I saw it Purp. But I’m also paying attention to non-Western sources so I also saw videos of Ukrainian army placing themselves inside schools and then when Russian is shooting them up the news comes out that Russian troops are committing war crimes by shooting at schools and residential buildings. They’re leaving out the important context, the news is not investigative journalism anymore, on neither side. 
I watched the video to this photos and they spoke Ukrainian so the talk about Ukrainian soldiers hiding in schools seems legit:

14355419-F3F6-4BF5-B19E-69ADE3A872A2.jpeg

107271A6-3C3F-4D5C-8A18-1D18FA9AC532.jpeg

it's possible that there are some soldiers in schools etc sure. but imo their country is getting attacked and they have the right to use basically everything at their disposal and also use unfair tactics. like if a creep attacks you in the streets you have the right to kick balls, finger in eyes and all.

are you consuming those news all day eryday? it's not very healthy, go to the banya sometime ?

5 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

it's possible that there are some soldiers in schools etc sure. but imo their country is getting attacked and they have the right to use basically everything at their disposal and also use unfair tactics. like if a creep attacks you in the streets you have the right to kick balls, finger in eyes and all.

are you consuming those news all day eryday? it's not very healthy, go to the banya sometime ?

Yep, there is even a saying that goes “All fair in love and war”

No purp not really able to consume them as much as I would want to (I now study full time, very little free time) Idk about banya haha isn’t it like where everyone is supposed to be naked and red covered in steam/sweat? I’m shy 

30 minutes ago, K Ghoul said:

Yep, there is even a saying that goes “All fair in love and war”

No purp not really able to consume them as much as I would want to (I now study full time, very little free time) Idk about banya haha isn’t it like where everyone is supposed to be naked and red covered in steam/sweat? I’m shy 

it's such a mess and it will only get worse for everyone if it goes on

yup certainly here they're naked and sweaty, don't know about there.

ok k that's good that you're studying ?

you only cause trouble when you have too much free time anyways :P 

Edited by PurpleTree

This is outside the stadium that held the war rally the other day. Thing was entirely set up and staged by the kremlin. Not even pro war people are given freedom to support the war. Kremlin wants to control everything especially political expression. They figure a person who is pro and in support could change and then soon be against. They literally bussed in people from regions outside Moscow cause no one in Moscow would go to something like this. They bussed in docile and apathetic government employees and offered them a paid day off from work and free lunch and a free concert. 

63850567-1426-4E1D-B5A4-B5A24A234A4E.jpeg

Edited by Lyubov

12 minutes ago, Lyubov said:

This is outside the stadium that held the war rally the other day. Thing was entirely set up and staged by the kremlin. Not even pro war people are given freedom to support the war. Kremlin wants to control everything especially political expression. They figure a person who is pro and in support could change and then soon be against. They literally bussed in people from regions outside Moscow cause no one in Moscow would go to something like this. They bussed in docile and apathetic government employees and offered them a paid day off from work and free lunch and a free concert. 

63850567-1426-4E1D-B5A4-B5A24A234A4E.jpeg

that's hilarious if true

they just trashed all the flags