Vynce

Request to Leo, to make blog post/video about Putin behavior in Ukraine.

348 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, hello1234 said:

The culture (school, tv, friends) has more “influence” on “you” than individual parenting. School is literally where you learn, and schools around the world teach different stuff in different ways. In some cases the kids may feel as “misfits” they are not culturally here nor there.. but generally there are more culturally “there” - the country they migrated into, especially at the age of 6.

I guess this applies more to white, educated, industrialized, rich, democratic cultures (i.e. well-off Russians, albeit a bit more on the conservative side). Language difficulties also become virtually negligible at that age. When you look the same, speak the same, wear the same, and think nearly the same, there is not that much discordance between home (parents) and outside (school, society etc.). 

Nationalism, patriotism, that side of blue they have. But the “good vs bad” kind, the one that religion gives, in my personal opinion from what I observed, it’s lacking in the culture in general. There is a lot of red generally and that’s a fact.

I would like more practical examples of that though.

That cultural stereotypes are not all mambo-jumbo stuff.

They exist for a reason, but they're also problematic in many ways. If you interact with a person while holding a lot of stereotypical assumptions about them, it will leak into the conversation and they will notice very quickly.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

1 hour ago, Carl-Richard said:

I guess this applies more to white, educated, industrialized, rich, democratic cultures (i.e. well-off Russians, albeit a bit more on the conservative side). Language difficulties also become virtually negligible at that age. When you look the same, speak the same, wear the same, think nearly the same, there is not that much discordance between home (parents) and outside (school, society etc.). 

Just a note, I am talking about the situation of a russian migrating to US and living further in US.

1 hour ago, Carl-Richard said:

I would like more practical examples of that though.

Insane corruption, scams, cheating as a norm (in school, uni), bribes, all about “knowing the right people”, you’re “above the law” when you know the right people or have money or right connections, gangs, corrupted police, honestly there is a lot to list and I am an INFJ so this is my weakest side as an Ni - (although maybe that’s just me)

I remember there was a case in US where a celebrity paid to get her child into Uni and was facing criminal charges and jail for that, that would be just laughable in Russia, it’s as normal as a “have a good day”.

Edited by hello1234

22 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

They exist for a reason, but they're also problematic in many ways. If you interact with a person while holding a lot of stereotypical assumptions about them, it will leak into the conversation and they will notice very quickly.

That’s of course true as well, that is why I said they are not all mambo jumbo, but green completely evil-izes this - which is of course important in multi cultural societies.

Edited by hello1234

1 hour ago, hello1234 said:

Just a note, I am talking about the situation of a russian migrating to US and living further in US.

Yep, I was just agreeing with you if that's ok ?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

11 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

Hypocrisy is sometimes hardest to spot early on, when everyone in the in group is agreeing with whatever mainstream/social media they consume. This really shows how difficult it is to develop into stage yellow and be there. 

Yes, we move to stage yellow by parroting Russian propaganda and thinking we are smart listening to other sources, without having proper historical knowledge as to judge if the source is good. This is clearly a myopic anti western bias. Being against the current doesn't necessarily mean we are nuanced, as @Husseinisdoingfine fancies. 

The thing that shocked me the most is that Ukraine was generally just a normal, chill and peace-loving country. They were poor and corrupt but were very aware, blamed themselves, took responsibility and worked towards a better future. You can't blame them for looking westwards. And now all of the sudden, all-out war is unleashed upon them. Almost like a repeat of 1941. 
No amount of understanding of the Russian perspective justifies this and that's the bottom line. 
If Russia is really worried about a western invasion they should build a new Moscow behind the Urals, surely cheaper than invading Ukraine. and they also have nukes which makes their "threatened" position even more absurd and paranoid. Sorry, Russia is not a tiny country with indefensible borders.

Edited by Vrubel

21 hours ago, Vrubel said:

The thing that shocked me the most is that Ukraine was generally just a normal, chill and peace-loving country. They were poor and corrupt but were very aware, blamed themselves, took responsibility and worked towards a better future. You can't blame them for looking westwards. And now all of the sudden, all-out war is unleashed upon them. Almost like a repeat of 1941. 
No amount of understanding of the Russian perspective justifies this and that's the bottom line. 
If Russia is really worried about a western invasion they should build a new Moscow behind the Urals, surely cheaper than invading Ukraine. and they also have nukes which makes their "threatened" position even more absurd and paranoid. Sorry, Russia is not a tiny country with indefensible borders.

Read the speech Hitler gave the day he invaded Poland, then look at what putler said before he invaded Ukraine, you will be shocked..

You have a nutjob terrorist who lives in his own world. He got lucky with a country full of puppet slaves, who will buy whatever shit he gives them, they are historically used to having a Tsar. I remember a military psychologist making a comment like this about him too - putler lives in his own world. 

Look how he speaks to his chief spy, look how Russia’s CHIEF SPY is stuttering talking to him, look how he’s making the chief say exactly what he wants him to say:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=o9A-u8EoWcI&feature=emb_title&fbclid=IwAR1iOwnd7sBMxrEZ9Rs_GUJBLtm2zd3hJ61VmwdhsddCDrj6wCMhZ7Igxs0

He is a legit terrorist who has taken Ukraine hostage to get what he wants.

It seems Belarus army is now actively engaging in the Ukraine invasion. Belarus also needs to be sanctioned as hard as Russia

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

@Ryan_047

On 28/02/2022 at 7:24 AM, Ryan_047 said:

Yes, we move to stage yellow by parroting Russian propaganda and thinking we are smart listening to other sources, without having proper historical knowledge as to judge if the source is good. This is clearly a myopic anti western bias. Being against the current doesn't necessarily mean we are nuanced, as @Husseinisdoingfine fancies. 

I was speaking to him, not you.

@PurpleTree

On 26/02/2022 at 6:55 PM, PurpleTree said:

i beat my woman

but you have to understand she was talking slick, it's mostly her fault

...What?

Seems like currently RT is no longer available in Serbia as a service provider on YouTube, I can't access the video posted and shared here in this thread by @Yog to illustrate and showcase the civilian, ecological, economic infrastructure and mental additional and added collateral cost of NATO intervention bombing in Serbia and Kosovo from YouTube. 

Looks like they banned/sanctioned it from all US based/ or owned digital platform companies currently. 

Edited by Fleetinglife

''society is culpable in not providing free education for all and it must answer for the night which it produces. If the soul is left in darkness sins will be committed. The guilty one is not he who commits the sin, but he who causes the darkness.” ― Victor Hugo, Les Misérables'

@Fleetinglife

2 minutes ago, Fleetinglife said:

Seems like currently RT is no longer available in Serbia as a service provider on YouTube, I can't access the video posted here by @Yog@Yog@Yog@Yog to illustrate and showcase the civilian, ecological, economic infrastructure and mental cost of NATO intervention bombing in Serbia and Kosovo from YouTube. 

Looks like they banned it from all US based/ or owned digital platforms currently. 

You too? I can't view that video here in the UK as well. Was it that graphic?

33 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

You too? I can't view that video here in the UK as well. Was it that graphic?

I would not to say it is not at all to due with the suspicion of it violating too graphic warnings on YT and it's taking down on that basis of that not following YT TOS that way but because starting from February the 22nd and the Russian military regime change operation invasion and unfolding military onslaught in Ukraine they started day by day, with the escalation of conflict and war going on in Ukraine, there was day by day imposed sanctions and embargoes put on one Russian goods, service or company after another, because of the war, on all the Russian based companies, service providers or products on most Western markets and or any countries using especially US parent company owned digital platforms as service providers on the internet as part of a general embargo on all Russian goods and services because of the war, similarly how German goods and services were distimulated an disincentivesid on and from American and British markets during the duration of and entering of each country into  WWII, but this seems currently to be on a much bigger, radical scale then maybe even possibly then because, as you know some US based companies such as IBM, kept their businesses with and exports going to Nazi Germany, as well some German based companies could export to Britain and America, such as Fanta, even during the start of the war, Britain first and then afterward Americas later involvement and at it's closing end. 

Screenshot_20220302_050509.jpg

Screenshot_20220302_050531.jpg

Screenshot_20220302_050549.jpg

Edited by Fleetinglife

''society is culpable in not providing free education for all and it must answer for the night which it produces. If the soul is left in darkness sins will be committed. The guilty one is not he who commits the sin, but he who causes the darkness.” ― Victor Hugo, Les Misérables'

On 2022-02-28 at 10:53 AM, Vrubel said:

Exactly.

The only reason why they invaded is because they are evil.

@Fleetinglife

17 hours ago, Fleetinglife said:

I would not to say it is not at all to due with the suspicion of it violating too graphic warnings on YT and it's taking down on that basis of that not following YT TOS that way but because starting from February the 22nd and the Russian military regime change operation invasion and unfolding military onslaught in Ukraine they started day by day, with the escalation of conflict and war going on in Ukraine, there was day by day imposed sanctions and embargoes put on one Russian goods, service or company after another, because of the war, on all the Russian based companies, service providers or products on most Western markets and or any countries using especially US parent company owned digital platforms as service providers on the internet as part of a general embargo on all Russian goods and services because of the war, similarly how German goods and services were distimulated an disincentivesid on and from American and British markets during the duration of and entering of each country into  WWII, but this seems currently to be on a much bigger, radical scale then maybe even possibly then because, as you know some US based companies such as IBM, kept their businesses with and exports going to Nazi Germany, as well some German based companies could export to Britain and America, such as Fanta, even during the start of the war, Britain first and then afterward Americas later involvement and at it's closing end. 

Screenshot_20220302_050509.jpg

Screenshot_20220302_050531.jpg

Screenshot_20220302_050549.jpg

I think most of the video just shows the Russian military vehicles crossing over.

Please, some brevity please! How hard is it to write a bit shorter and more concise please?

I think it's a bad call to not let other people view that video. 

15 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

Exactly.

Do you hold the same views about people who invaded Iraq, Syria, Libya, Yemen, Yugoslavia, Pakistan etc.?

16 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

"Evil resides in every gaze which perceives Evil all around itself" - G.W.F. Hegel 

I would advise you as person who cares for people to be honest and not self-deluding themselves into telling fancy tales and wishful thinking stories to themselves to serve the selfish survival of their very limited and narrowly concerned, caring and empathetic egoes about other people and the world around them to get a grip on a wider reality, outside their little national bubble, on this issue and position yourself actually so you are throughly grounded in it's existential actuality and can start seeing things more clearly and not in these deeplh selfish and self-serving constructed dualties that serve no others purpose but to shield one's limited, selfish little ego from uncomfortable experiences and stories coming from other people and places of this massive, ever expanding world into infinity and infinite complexity. 

Ever narrowing contraction into one's little ego, national bubble due to the magnitude and unpredictabilty of the coming of wave of the experiences going outside this little narrow self-interested zone that don't align with it's wishful thinking stories and desired beliefs about the world, how it works and other people, and their behaviour, character and role in it. 

One would be much perhaps surprised and happier about the diversity and richness of the differienting if the experiences existing in it if one's leaves this narrowky constructed shell one made to shelter his little ego's desire and avoidance of uncomfortable and often shocking experiences that don't allign with one's comforting and often delusional beliefs about oneself and wider the world around him, outside his little peninsular nation. 

Don't take this a deliberate personal snipping out of sadistic joy to make fun of one's perceived flaws in character and personality, but rather as a kind hearted, good intended advice from a perceived outsider, that wants to see one overcome and adress his perceived unconscious flaws and live a more happier and better life for himself by being more open to various experiences of people around him, coming from various places of this very rich and diverse world in differing of experiences, perceptions, and opinions regarding things, and voice existing outside the little, seemingly hardly enveloped shell who's insides looking from should not be mistaken and projected as the whole world looking as such from its dark interior and often seeping light within who generates shadows of the outside world that should not be mistaken for the real thing - as Plato in his Allegory of the Cave attempts to teach us in order for us to eventually leave the cave and experience the outside of the world for the first time, where the shadows in the cave came from, as it actually is and feels like more. 

This one wishes to point to the other one, that counter-intuitevely from his own experiences he will be actually more happy, accepting and grateful for himself, life and it's experiences, once he starts to leave his own constructed cave where counter-intuitevely makes him feel safe in himself and obsessed over himself but actually trapped in it and miserable for expanding his consciousness, open mindedness and views making him in fact very fragile and unsafe for various unpredictable experiences that might happen that only exists as caricature shadows in the cave and were never felt as and experienced as real, which might come to the person burrowed upon his ego's cave as a shock and unbearable experience when they actually experience them for the first time and they dawn and descend upon them in actuality for the first time, maybe perhaps even in their lives. 

But this person for one, wants to see the other slowly be accepting of the possibility that he is in fact in a cave of his own making and that is in fact possible to start realising one needs to eventually and can leave it at any time for the wider actual reality outside and it's experience, for this person has already has been in one and knows how it is unfulfilling, unreal and fake and how it feels better, good a d more fulfilling when one attempts to actually leave it and risk experiencing more reality as it as and not as one hopes, holds on and wants it to be - since one the great relief and liberation after abandoning that one pesky little notion, and not worth it only for safety wise at the cost of actually experiencing and living life limiting, learned helplessness belief ??

Start spreading your wings hawk and actually feeling what flying feels like and looking at the world from below, and not how one imagines flying to be and feel and look like and the world below to look like from that flying simulation imagined fantasy - I know because I started doing it, and I therefore if I, this one not so important for the whole world human can do it, there is no reason why you can't as well, or any other human anywhere in the world can't start it for that matter. If I can do it, there is no reason why you can't do it as well ???

Edited by Fleetinglife

1 hour ago, Danioover9000 said:

Please, some brevity please! How hard is it to write a bit shorter and more concise please?

Yes of course it is to be strived towards a virtue in the mental faculties and clarity in a person's cultivation of life skills and personal values and communicative expressiveness of ease to others so they can properly understand one with what was he aiming to communicate to the other person coming thus forth from that, but sometimes with what one aims to communicate and the ideas and interconnecting and interalligning thoughts that come rushing through to someone as a part of a rushing insight one has into a nature of a thing one is trying to communicate and describe to someone in words about, one cannot so easily come up in the moment how that can be more simply expressed and communicated to someone might be out of fear of losing the potency of that original inisight and the thoughts that came rushing through to someone in that moment of what is the most apt and best way to describe and present its comparison with what is seen to one as potent historical, seemingly history repeating, parallel and allegory being detected and thus invited to be drawn regarding that in order so it can be more better a deeply understood in the depth of its phenomenonological origin, past connection and ultimate nature - if one gets what I mean and was aiming towards communicating with that by overly focusing, of it seems to one, very presciently drawn historical parallels that better illuminated the magnitude and importance of what one was discussing about and aiming to draw stark evolutionary parallels towards in the forward march of history ??

Edited by Fleetinglife

Please tell me where Putin says he is against NATO. Or this was because of NATO. 

Someone spread this propaganda on the forum that all of this had to do with NATO. 

The truth is that Putin wanted this anyway, with or without NATO. 

It's about geopolitics and buffer state like Belarus. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

42 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

Please tell me where Putin says he is against NATO. Or this was because of NATO. 

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/02/01/putin-the-west-has-ignored-russian-security-concerns-on-nato-ukraine.html

It's been on the news (read article) and I watched a video of Putin speaking (cant find atm), where Putin specifically states that NATO spreading further east, as well as Ukraine possibly becoming a NATO member was a security issue for Russia that he was no longer going to tolerate, because the US could line the border of Russia on the Ukraine side with missiles aimed at Moscow.

It's just that many don't want to believe it's the real reason and that Putin just wanted to expand Russia, have control over their resources, etc.

So, it's what you chose to believe, because neither can be proven 100%. If you believe what he actually said, then some will say he was lying. If you believe he wanted to expand and wanted the resources, some will say you are fabricating that theory and have no solid proof, see? 

I personally think there's truth in both theories, therefore it's probably both/and, not either/or...

Edited by Ananta

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

On 3/2/2022 at 4:42 AM, Fleetinglife said:

Seems like currently RT is no longer available in Serbia as a service provider on YouTube, I can't access the video posted and shared here in this thread by @Yog to illustrate and showcase the civilian, ecological, economic infrastructure and mental additional and added collateral cost of NATO intervention bombing in Serbia and Kosovo from YouTube. 

Looks like they banned/sanctioned it from all US based/ or owned digital platform companies currently.

This sucks big time man. Its just plain evidence of how the propaganda machine works... Luckily we have VPNs, or Tor for the time being.

I live less than 60 km away from Kosovo and Serbia and its available here.