Vynce

Request to Leo, to make blog post/video about Putin behavior in Ukraine.

348 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Lyubov said:

I can’t help but wonder though what would the Iraq invasion would of looked like in 2022. What Russia is doing is basically the same. Not right. But it is fucked up how a stronger country with more influence can get away with it unscathed while a weaker country has its entire innocent civilians punished with sanctions and their entire economy ruined. 

What Russia is doing is worse.

Iraq had a pretty terrible regime in place. Ukraine is a democracy.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

15 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

If you think Putin is insane or irrational or stupid or evil, you're not thinking seriously. That's not what's happening. This is a subtle chess game.

He is capable of making strategic mistakes. 

So according to you he's not evil. It's just a subtle chess game. He's just making a strategic mistake. 

I think that's disturbing. Your moral compass doesn't seem to be working correctly.

Edited by Blackhawk

there is a lot of talk about the threat of having nuclear missiles on the border. What is the difference if they are launched from Germany, or from a submarine? if you start with atomic weapons, doesn't matter , game over

How can you not see this nonsense

How can nobody see the blatant propaganda towards this war.

Social media is filled with people supporting Ukraine 100% with no evidence, facts, knowledge or education on the subject. They genuinely believe it was an unprovoked attack because social media and the news told them. This is terrifying as it shows how easily manipulated and brainwashed people are. The fact that social media is there as medium to indoctrinate people.

Ukraine is a puppet state put in place in 2014 funded and aided by the CIA.

The US and NATO want to put missile silos, military bases and boots on the ground near the Russia border.

These are the same people who lied to us about WMD's. Invaded Iraq, Invaded Libya, prolonged the Syrian civil war leading to the rise of ISIS. Killed half a million Iraqi children with sanctions in the 90's, are only in power because America is an oligarchic dictatorship. And so on so forth.

Russia has had enough of US involvement and bullying for decades now. (If you don’t believe me, go watch Putin address Russia in a video made yesterday where he exposes EVERYTHING involving US international policy). We know what US and Europe are like they have been meddling in places in the world they shouldn’t be for half a millennium this is nothing new.

Russia provided energy to 80% of Europe. If anything happens from European countries, it’s lights out.

What scares me is how the majority of you in here for the past 3 years have went on and on and on about how our news and social media are full of lies. Yet when the news reports this war everyone believes everything that is reported like it is gospel. How can nobody see this?

You don’t have to be pro anything or support anyone to see this. I actually encourage you too not take a side. Just observe and it will be clear

People are saying why am I not backing Ukraine and that I am pro Russian. Please understand I don’t need to speak about Ukraine, it’s all over media and the news. It’s the fact there was not been one sentence said about why Russia did what they did. No other talking points. Do you all seriously believe the ''unprovoked invasion'' narrative? Why would Russia do such a thing? I am only highlighting what the media isn’t telling you.

Edit: I just remembered that when the Soviet Union put missiles in Cuba, the U.S. freaked out and let to what we know as the ''Cuban Missile Crisis''. And Russia is supposed to tolerate NATO on their border? The same organization responsible for the Libya intervention?

Second Edit: America's coup in Ukraine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nW7lNABfDVk

Edited by Husseinisdoingfine

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأشهد أن ليو رسول الله

33 minutes ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

Social media is filled with people supporting Ukraine 100% with no evidence, facts, knowledge or education on the subject. They genuinely believe it was an unprovoked attack because social media and the news told them. This is terrifying as it shows how easily manipulated and brainwashed people are. The fact that social media is there as medium to indoctrinate people.

The US and NATO want to put missile silos, military bases and boots on the ground near the Russia border.

These are the same people who lied to us about WMD's. Invaded Iraq, Invaded Libya, prolonged the Syrian civil war leading to the rise of ISIS. Killed half a million Iraqi children with sanctions in the 90's, are only in power because America is an oligarchic dictatorship. And so on so forth.

Russia has had enough of US involvement and bullying for decades now. (If you don’t believe me, go watch Putin address Russia in a video made yesterday where he exposes EVERYTHING involving US international policy). We know what US and Europe are like they have been meddling in places in the world they shouldn’t be for half a millennium this is nothing new.

Russia provided energy to 80% of Europe. If anything happens from European countries, it’s lights out.

What scares me is how the majority of you in here for the past 3 years have went on and on and on about how our news and social media are full of lies. Yet when the news reports this war everyone believes everything that is reported like it is gospel. How can nobody see this?

You don’t have to be pro anything or support anyone to see this. I actually encourage you too not take a side. Just observe and it will be clear

People are saying why am I not backing Ukraine and that I am pro Russian. Please understand I don’t need to speak about Ukraine, it’s all over media and the news. It’s the fact there was not been one sentence said about why Russia did what they did. No other talking points. Do you all seriously believe the ''unprovoked invasion'' narrative? Why would Russia do such a thing? I am only highlighting what the media isn’t telling you.

Edit: I just remembered that when the Soviet Union put missiles in Cuba, the U.S. freaked out and let to what we know as the ''Cuban Missile Crisis''. And Russia is supposed to tolerate NATO on their border? The same organization responsible for the Libya intervention?

Second Edit: America's coup in Ukraine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nW7lNABfDVk

That's perfect. Western media will never show the big picture because of its own interests. Putin as a tyran is the simpliest and dumb way to explain all the things. Of course western world will be the bright side here

On 2/26/2022 at 6:08 PM, Blackhawk said:

The truth is that they have been humanitarian operations, to protect civilians, stop genocide, and stop terrorism.

3 minutes ago, Blackhawk said:

A video by RT? Nice joke.

Well, buy a ticket to Belgrade than, look at some civilian death monuments, what can I say.

1 hour ago, Yog said:

Well, buy a ticket to Belgrade than, look at some civilian death monuments, what can I say.

When a Kosovar and a Serb from the Serb capital understand more and have compassion more for each other on this issue than an unwitting Russophobic NATO PR lobbyist from Sweden.

Just goes to show how much the whole organisations PR is based on upon hiding it's interests incentives for the choosing , R2P justifications of operations, for example Sweden's prolific arm's manufacturing industry skyrocketing profits in the "permanent war industry post-9/11 in the Mid East" that helps in part funds it's advertised and celebrated social welfare programs incentivising and luring immigration in a country facing negative demographic trends and demographic decline and its funding of public welfare institutions. 

Zero backdrop profit generating interest and incentives to join that organization and it's policies towards certain "problematic states for the stability of the international global economic order". ?

I will debunk later all his ahistorical idealised and universalised NATO pre-selection choosing justification Spiel, deliberately repeated in order not to compromise the organisations standing, choosen universalised image it wants to project to the world and reputation internationally for the PR to the public of future prospective state members willing to join it for their protection and advancing of their own interests, that he went talking about here signaling out only humanitarian, atrocity and war crime, ethnic cleansing, culturocide and genocide prevention reasons for it's aerial bombardment of Yugoslavia, including Serbia and Kosovo both, in the backdrop end of the wars in 1999. What's crucial in the extracted sourced Wikipedia links that were supplied is what was crucially left out and deliberately not mentioned and not said historically context wise leading up to it and the wider context then globally. 

Edited by Fleetinglife

''society is culpable in not providing free education for all and it must answer for the night which it produces. If the soul is left in darkness sins will be committed. The guilty one is not he who commits the sin, but he who causes the darkness.” ― Victor Hugo, Les Misérables'

2 hours ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

Lies:

1. NATO making promises to Russia that they won't expand in Eastern Europe. Someone on this forum already dismounted this myth.

2. "The Russians found Ukraine to be corrupt and troublesome, so granted it independence in 1991."

Dumb lie, the Soviet Union collapsed and could no longer afford to keep their satellite states in their sphere of influence. Like the Soviet Union would abandon influence only because a state they were fully controlling (through appointing politicians of their liking) was too corrupt. C'mon. It's like saying that the United Kingdom gave up their colonies because it was no longer profitable robbing them and enslaving them.

3. US military presence in Ukraine. There were never US troops in Ukraine before 2014. There were military exercises along the border in NATO countries, but not in Ukraine. 

4. "Russians and Ukrainians co-existed peacefully, until the American Empire promoted Ukrainian nationalism."

Look, I don't argue against the fact that Americans subtly manipulate when it's in their geopolitical interest, but this statement is myopic. Ukrainian nationalism existed ever since the Tsarist Empire collapsed, and they fought back against the Red army, Polish army and Romanian army after WW1. They fought 3 powers at once in order to have their own country. Saying that there was no nationalism before (which is what that dumb dude is saying with that statement) is just false.

5. "Russians were blamed for Ukraine's economic problems." 

No. Russians in Ukraine were not blamed for economic problems, Putin's Russia which prevented them from exploiting their own resources in the maritime basin owned by Ukraine in the Black Sea. This is one on the reasons Crimea was forcefully annexed. Up until the Maidan protests, there was a pro Russian government which didn't care to exploit those natural resources, which would've considerably weakened Russia' economic position in Europe.

6. American funded NGO's funded the Maidan Protests. 

No, actually get your head out of your ass and study the Euro Maidan protests instead of watching a 10 minute video and blaming it on a millionaire who funded education after the fall of the Soviet Union in ex Warsaw Pact nations and ex-SU satellites nations. By the way, George Soros is used as a negative propaganda figure in Eastern Europe by the Russian media (cough cough Sputnik, Russia Today and the alike). Basically, whenever there is a political crisis in any of ex Warsaw Pact member states, the blame goes to George Soros. 

7. 5:45 in the video. Those are some bold accusations. I'm not saying no to those, but he hasn't even provided any evidence for it. He just showed a picture of Ukrainian and American politicians and said "The Americans decided on the prime minster of Ukraine."

8. "... and passed out snacks to do protests before the coup"

Yes, those snacks were baked with mind controlling cocaine. 

9. "Ukrainian premier refused to order troops to fire on the mobs."

@hello1234 That's a flat out lie, any Ukrainian can prove that the reverse was the case.

10. "Absorbing Ukraine would weaken European security and provide no economic benefit."

I'm laughing out loud, this contradicts all of EU's economic history. Take a look at the latest country that joined EU and compare the living standards with Ukraine's post 2014 living standards. Also it would boost NATO's security (remember article 5?) because they would have a big ass knife at Russia's throat, if the Kremlin decided to do anything funny. 

11. "Russia did not want to rule Ukraine, since it granted independence."

Haha, no. USSR disintegrated because it was weakened by the Cold War.

12. "Khrushchev gave Crimea to Ukraine to promote Soviet solidarity."

This is still debated by historians, there being many takes on the subjetc, and this guy is making it seem like it was the reason. Considering that stuff he'd said earlier, he's not a historian. 

13. "Russia accepted a request by the Republic of Crimea to re-join Russia after 94% of its citizens voted in favor."

If anyone actually believes that, I encourage you to learn about the post WW2 communist regimes in Eastern Europe. Putin being an ex KGB officer, it's painfully obvious this is false. 

14. "Adding Ukraine to NATO remains attractive to the American Empire, since it's the 2nd largest nation in Europe by area."
Lol, didn't he just say that absorbing Ukraine into NATO (which by the way, is majoritively composed of European nations)  would weaken European security? Why would USA and Europe weaken their defensive capabilities on purpose?

America is an oligarchic dictatorship.

I'd add capitalist to that. Putin's Russia is a fascist oligarchy, so it's not like Russia has the moral high ground and it's a victim. 
I'm not saying USA is the purest good and Russia is the purest evil, but be aware of where you take your info from. Parroting and promoting Russian propaganda is not being multi perspectival, it's being manipulated. A random unknown dude with no qualifications and a clearly "objective and impartial" username on YouTube won't give you proper historical context and knowledge so to understand the Ukraine-Russia subject. 

1 hour ago, misterzorgy said:

Do you all seriously believe the ''unprovoked invasion'' narrative? Why would Russia do such a thing?

In a nutshell, wanting to maintain the oligarchy around Putin, blunt refusal to implement true democracy, economical domination in Europe regarding gas, nostalgia of the glory and power of the Soviet Union, and the unwillingness of integrating with the rest of Europe. I'm not saying these reasons are justified/good or not, but this is what is driving Russia at this point in time, in my opinion.  

Edited by Ryan_047

@Husseinisdoingfine

Hypocrisy is sometimes hardest to spot early on, when everyone in the in group is agreeing with whatever mainstream/social media they consume. This really shows how difficult it is to develop into stage yellow and be there. 

17 hours ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

Why would russia put its missiles all the way in Cuba? Ukraine is different because it’s already bordering NATO countries. Do you not see the fucking difference? Ukraine wants to integrate more with Europe and the West. Ukraine wants to join NATO. 

This is actually interesting, and maybe this is why russia is doing, they knew why they put missiles in Cuba. If you’re doing shady shit, everyone looks like a criminal to you too. 

Don’t compare Ukraine to Libya. Ukraine is a democratic country in Europe, it doesn’t have an unstable fucked up government (note I am not saying it’s not corrupt)

Again, joining NATO was not a “move” on russia (highlighting here that Ukraine was not promised to join NATO). Ukrainian people want to integrate with Europe and the West, they want democracy and to develop their economy. Note that the whole thing started in 2014, doing Maydan revolution, when people started protesting because our pro-russian president declined to sign a trading agreement with Europe.

An innocent person is not afraid of police. They want to keep their fucked up shit going.

The problem is that putin doesn’t see Ukraine as an independent country with its own decisions and wants - as you can see per screen shot below. So in his paranoid mind, this was a move on russia. 

And honestly, whatever US is doing russia is 10 times worse. Where would you rather live, in US or russia? This is the question you have to ask yourself.

C5FA6860-660D-42A7-924E-21B14F2309F8.png

By the way, here is the picture of the map of Ukraine in 1919 (to address putins comment above). Stalin destroyed a lot of Ukrainians during Holodomor, my old neighbour was one of the survivors (she watched her 2 parents and 2 brothers starve to death) so I heard about these horrors from a young age. The exact death toll is hard to estimate, but it is going up to 7mil (for comparison Holocaust death toll is around 6 mil) (also look up the world population around that time). Holodomor happened in the Eastern Ukraine. Then they “replaced” that population with Russians.

E128DCEB-E4E5-4AB3-94B2-0A153737839A.jpeg

Edited by hello1234

14 minutes ago, hello1234 said:

Where would you rather live, in US or russia?

Maybe an implication there is that you don't want to experience being against the US :P

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

2 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

Maybe an implication there is that you don't want to experience being against the US :P

I am looking at the big picture. I have been thinking about this since 2014 and since I heard Chomsky puting blame on US “the west” for the Ukraine situation. I thought about that perspective a lot. You guys are all new to this, but this situation in Ukraine has been happening since 2014. You guys think you have some new “edge” on the situation because you’re able to “experience being against US”, but you don’t.

I am Ukrainian, I know how Ukrainians think, I know how Russians think, have more “intel-understanding”

Note that Leo migrated to US when he was 6 (I think he mentioned it in one of his videos). Children who migrate this young, have very few memories/understanding of their “home” society - many of them don’t even speak the language well (I think if you migrate up to 10-11 old, you’re predominantly shaped by the culture of the country you migrated to). I don’t think he fully grasps the culture. 

Interestingly with Russians though, they still keep a lot of their cultural pride - they live “where it’s good to live”, but Russia is still always the best. I am not hinting on anything here, it’s just an interesting thing that I noticed about Russians. 

Russia is stage red, the religious thing wasn’t big - remember during communists times religion was banned, it was banned to go to church, my mom had school days on Sunday on purpose so that she wouldn’t attend church (in Western Ukraine). I don’t think they ever transcended into blue (in general, the “good vs bad” kind of blue, not the nationalistic kind). I don’t know what orange looks like without blue in between. US is blue-orange-green (like a teardrop centered at orange) 

Green is very judgemental when it comes to stereotyping and analyzing the culture from that perspective. But I think that’s the kind of intel everyone is missing here, what you can’t understand, and that’s why it’s laughable when you compare the “evil of US” to the “evil of russia”. Like I can understand evil for the sake of money, vs evil just for the sake of ego, pride (understand is a relative word here)

People who are from Estern Europe, and are not “entrenched in Russian pride”, have an advantage in understanding the big picture of the situation.

Edited by hello1234

28 minutes ago, hello1234 said:

I am looking at the big picture. I have been thinking about this since 2014 and since I heard Chomsky puting blame on US for the Ukraine situation. I thought about that perspective a lot. You guys are all new to this, but this situation in Ukraine has been happening since 2014.

I'm sure many of us are aware of the Crimea situation. I was quite young back then so I didn't think much about it :D

Note that Leo migrated to US when he was 6 (I think he mentioned it in one of his videos). Children who migrate this young, have very few memories/understanding of their “home” society - many of them don’t even speak the language well (I think if you migrate up to 10-11 old, you’re mostly shaped by the culture of the country you migrated to). I don’t think he fully grasps the culture. 

Sure. Still, growing up to Russian parents still makes you a cross-cultural kid. There are many different flavors of cross-cultural kids, and it's never as simple as "you're this one culture."

Russia is stage red, the religious thing wasn’t big - remember during communists times religion was banned, it was banned to go to church, my mom had school days on Sunday on purpose so that she wouldn’t attend church (in Western Ukraine). I don’t think they ever transcended into blue (in general, the “good vs bad” kind of blue, not the nationalistic kind). I don’t know what orange looks like without blue in between. US is blue-orange-green (like a teardrop centered at orange) 

That doesn't seem quite charitable, although I can't speak for your intel-understanding. Russia seems pretty Blue to me.

Green is very judgemental when it comes to stereotyping and analyzing the culture from that perspective. But I think that’s the kind of intel everyone is missing here.

I don't quite understand what you mean by that.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

1 hour ago, Carl-Richard said:

Sure. Still, growing up to Russian parents still makes you a cross-cultural kid. There are many different flavors of cross-cultural kids, and it's never as simple as saying "you're this one culture."

The culture (school, tv, friends) has more “influence” on “you” than individual parenting. School is literally where you learn, and schools around the world teach different stuff in different ways. In some cases the kids may feel as “misfits” they are not culturally here nor there.. but generally there are more culturally “there” - the country they migrated into, especially at the age of 6.

That doesn't seem quite charitable, although I can't speak for your intel-understanding. Russia seems pretty Blue to me.

Nationalism, patriotism, that side of blue they have. But the “good vs bad” kind, the one that religion gives, in my personal opinion from what I observed, it’s lacking in the culture in general. There is a lot of red generally and that’s a fact.

I don't quite understand what you mean by that.

That cultural stereotypes are not all mambo-jumbo stuff. But because some believe it to be, they don’t look into understanding that side of things too deeply.

I wasn’t talking about Crimea btw, I was talking about the situation in Eastern Ukraine, the war in Ukraine began long time, it wasn’t full scale and putin kept lying that russia is not involved and it’s ukrainain “seperatists” there, even those these men had russian passports and military technology no separatist could ever afford and obtain. 

Edited by hello1234

@hello1234 You are obviously attached to the Ukrainian survival agenda. I'm not blaming you for it -- you are in a difficult position where your survival is threatened -- but just notice that. This is the essence of self-bias. It distorts your perception of reality.

5 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@hello1234 You are obviously very attached to the Ukrainian survival agenda. I'm not blaming you for it, but just notice that. This is the essence of bias.

I am aware of this, this is why this situation is “touching” me so much, but I am not some stage blue crazy person that some might think I am. I want people to understand the “Ukraine perspective” from “Ukraine perspective” not “Western perspective”

Also, I am not “obviously very attached”, with this statement you are belittling and reducing everything I am saying, without addressing any of my arguments which is very toxic

Edited by hello1234

1 minute ago, hello1234 said:

I am aware of this, this is why this situation is “touching” me so much, but I am not some stage blue crazy person that some might think I am. I want people to understand the “Ukraine perspective” from “Ukraine perspective” not “Western perspective”

Fair enough