Julian gabriel

Could you enjoy a Hitler painting?

87 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

26 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

So by that logic, you're loving Hitler, not out of non-judgement, but out of judgement, why else would there exist a need to love to begin with?

Exactly. 

23 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

in some ways loving Hitler could also be an over compensation for not loving the ones that need your love?

@Preety_India Hmm never thought about that.

In order to compensate, one must feel the need to compensate, one must feel lacking. Which in the case of "loving people who need your love" (like family/friend/neighbors) will probably arise out of a sense of guilt. "You must love your family", this sort of thing. And once again we're at "thou shalt love the lord thy god".

Or, it's compensation in form of the spiritual ego kick (which is probably what you meant?). Which would make up for the felt "unspirituality" and one's judgement of oneself if one doesn't love Hitler. 

17 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You don't need to retain it. Feelings come and go. Just the knowingness is enough. You don't need to be in a constant love high.

True, but everything after that is just talk. Yes, the universal love is valid in the moment, but if after that one simply falls back into toxic, destructive  and hateful behavior, one hasn't really understood. Because nothing is understood unless you remember - aka embody. 

Edit: I think I'm wrong concerning understanding and embodiment. Understanding isn't based on remembering. Long-term embodiment however, is. I think. Gotta contemplate this a little more.

Help pls??

Edited by Tim R

"Love is all that I can give to you ❤ Love is more than just a game for two!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JErVP6xLZwg 

16 hours ago, outlandish said:

Spending energy on "loving" or enjoying Hitler is misaligned for 99% of us. Make sure you love your parents, that annoying guy at the office, your ex, the rival city's sports team, before you spend energy trying to appreciate a monster who sent 6 million jews to the industrial death facilities.

If you claim you can love Hitler, but can still get in a fight with your own brother, that's a clue that something might be wrong.

His paintings are way better than anything I could do, but if they were in a gallery or museum, without his name attached, they'd be unremarkable and quickly forgotten.

Nice, we need to care and love our neighbour instead of feeling special that we occupy our time to love Hitler.

Loving our neighbour is harder than to love a mental image of a historic person with negative status.

What's funny are people that can love Hitler but not Trump.

It's easier to love a devil when he's dead.

You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

Don't love a devil who can't provide any value.

God is not a belief.  محبت     الحب   प्यार  love  ॐ Om  मोहब्बत God الله   اللہ   خدا My blood is Hindu, my soul is Christian and my heart is Islamic. But right now my head is in the clouds with an Aries male  currently ruling my heart. The Snake seduces the peacock, embodies Shiva and the Gods bow to it. ... ll ॐ ll.. INTP loner... और तुम नाचते गाते हुए मेरे कदमों में आ गिरेगी... Live a Roman.Die a Roman...Nothing else but to enjoy  the rest of my dream 

Preety preety

Posted (edited)

Good technical skill, but lack of anything else notable or inspirational whatsoever. Looks like thrift store art that can only be saved by painting dinosaurs or space cats into it. Sorry Hitler. 

Edited by mandyjw

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

Good technicalities, but no soul or underlying deeper message.

Whether it's Ghandi's or Hitler's, it has no effect on my opinion of the painting itself.

Posted (edited)

42 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

Good technical skill, but lack of anything else notable or inspirational whatsoever. Looks like thrift store art that can only be saved by painting dinosaurs or space cats into it. Sorry Hitler. 

I think he would forgive you.

Edited by SolarWarden

Posted (edited)

I don't know, i guess the question is,

could you enjoy being kissed and petted while someone shoves a fist up your ass, while being able to feel pain compared to not having the fist up your bottom?

would you call the person who cannot enjoy the kissing while feeling pain of the fist close minded?

Edited by ilja

1 hour ago, mandyjw said:

Lol totally. Not even that great technically. As someone pointed out above his perspective lines are all off-kilter. Very unimaginative stuff.

33 minutes ago, SolarWarden said:

I think he would forgive you.

He wasn't famous for forgiveness

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

13 minutes ago, outlandish said:

He wasn't famous for forgiveness

Thanks for reminding me of it.

Imagine if he hadn't been rejected from the art school he applied to, twice? lol The only thing more horrible than history is playing "what if". xD

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

Someone else would have taken his place. It was his destiny to serve the creator in this way.

The past karmic actions made by the Germans caused the inevitability of this war as their hostile ancestral nature got awakened.

Such events are not controlled by one person. He was more like a conductor of the people and manipulated their anger toward his own selfish ideology.

Posted (edited)

My initial reaction on this thread about giving Hitler equal love like all other beings gave me a bad taste in my mouth, even though I said I love Jews too it still feels gross somehow. One of the reasons being that there are Jewish people/Israeli on this forum and I don't want to make them feel uncomfortable in any way.

I'm wondering: Is this a reaction of the ego or bad karma? Not sure, I'm aware everything can be deconstructed to infinity since ultimately truth is beyond words and can only be experienced. I feel myself getting sucked into my lower self right now. I do think lessons can be learned from this and I will come out stronger.

Edited by Hap E-Boi

Happy? No problem. Not happy? No problem. It might be helpful to cut ones attachment to happiness, it's up to you to decide. There is no right or wrong here. I can only tell you that from past experiences I've come across what I consider the dangers of using spirituality as a way of escapism.

16 hours ago, Preety_India said:

Don't love a devil who can't provide any value.

Loving the devil is value enough.

On 10.5.2021 at 10:51 PM, Husseinisdoingfine said:

Actually, as someone who frequents art galleries; These paintings do appear rather soul less and without emotion or essence.

Man you're so elitist when it comes to art/music ?

To balance beauty and complexity so perfectly is a divine mystery.

To answer to the very first post

Once a mother in a court kissed the hand of the arrogant murderer of her son by saying to him "I love you my son" 

The next day in prison he killed him self! 

This is liberation, to love your suffering and let it free, then the suffering gets the message and acts accordingly 

@Insane butterfly @Leo Gura

On 5/11/2021 at 9:42 AM, Leo Gura said:

It is not a matter of loving Hitler in the way you might love your children. It's a metaphysical matter of realizing that Hitler is part of Universal Love.

In other words, don't make a shadow of anything.

Even though I get the point I think that's kinda misleading because it suggests that loving it makes it go away but really loving it transforms it.

I think it would be better if he changed into a more compassionate person in jail rather than killed himself.