Julian gabriel

Could you enjoy a Hitler painting?

87 posts in this topic

@Tim R

On 08/05/2021 at 9:58 AM, Tim R said:

Of course I could enjoy his art, look at the pictures, they're beautiful

Adolf_Hitler_-_Wien_Oper.jpg

Adolf_Hitler_-_Schloss_Neuschwanstein.jp

_105329300_hi051871593.jpg

 

People are so unbelievably unwilling to let go of their silly ideological attachments. Which of course robs them of their capability of enjoying life. 

 

If I'd show you these pictures, you'd say

"yeah they look really nice".

"Oh yeah? Hitler painted them."

"Whaaat, fuck those, I don't like them anymore"

 

It's just such a narrow and impoverished way of looking at the world...

   That's actually quite good paintings he did. I didn't expect that level of skill from him.

   I can get why some people think these paintings lack soul, and I think it mainly has to do with the composition of the painting and how each shape is placed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Danioover9000 They think that they lack soul because they think that of hitler, if Mother Teresa painted them people wouldn't shut up about how soulful they are, because they want to be associated with Mother Teresa but not Hitler. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I find these responses quite curious and I'm not sure some of you are getting it.

You are Hitler.

At some point in Eternity you will be incarnated (beyond a veil of ignorance) into the experience of being Hitler. Consider it like a kind of rollercoaster or amusement park ride: Hitler! The Experience!

The experience will be from birth to death, and it will be no different from anything Hitler experienced when Hitler experienced it. You won't be able to say: "Oh, but when I'm Hitler I'll do things differently."

No. You won't do things differently. You'll do things exactly how they were done. And that will be the experience.

So this isn't an exercise in moral vanity or obligatory compassion. You don't have to virtue signal how beautiful you are just because you love (or don't love) Hitler.

You are Hitler. To love him is an exercise in self-love, just as to hate him is an exercise in self-hate.

It's up to you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've only recently seen his artwork, but I consider him very talented. I have no distain for Hitler as a person. Consciousness is consciousness no matter what perceived form it takes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's consider if the one teacher in the art school of Vienna wouldn't reject Hitler for 'bad design' that was the reason and could see his efforts and tell him ok you have some potential you stay! He could have learned to express his emotions on the canvas and could me more happy, but he got rejected, they didn't gave him love.

Consider how this school evolved in the history we have 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Julian gabriel

5 hours ago, Julian gabriel said:

@Danioover9000 They think that they lack soul because they think that of hitler, if Mother Teresa painted them people wouldn't shut up about how soulful they are, because they want to be associated with Mother Teresa but not Hitler. 

   I know there's a psychology to it, but it's more about the composition. There's  more to painting than it being a visual opinion of things of the world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, cookiemonster said:

I find these responses quite curious and I'm not sure some of you are getting it.

You are Hitler.

At some point in Eternity you will be incarnated (beyond a veil of ignorance) into the experience of being Hitler. Consider it like a kind of rollercoaster or amusement park ride: Hitler! The Experience!

The experience will be from birth to death, and it will be no different from anything Hitler experienced when Hitler experienced it. You won't be able to say: "Oh, but when I'm Hitler I'll do things differently."

No. You won't do things differently. You'll do things exactly how they were done. And that will be the experience.

So this isn't an exercise in moral vanity or obligatory compassion. You don't have to virtue signal how beautiful you are just because you love (or don't love) Hitler.

You are Hitler. To love him is an exercise in self-love, just as to hate him is an exercise in self-hate.

It's up to you.

 

1 hour ago, Insane butterfly said:

Let's consider if the one teacher in the art school of Vienna wouldn't reject Hitler for 'bad design' that was the reason and could see his efforts and tell him ok you have some potential you stay! He could have learned to express his emotions on the canvas and could me more happy, but he got rejected, they didn't gave him love.

Consider how this school evolved in the history we have 

   Well said. The difference between the world going to hell, and a world of beauties, is whether you love less or love more. The tiny degree of difference makes all the difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now