Leo Gura

The Dumbest Conservative Ad Ever

92 posts in this topic

Damn this video feels like a southern acid trip. I am getting existential glitches while watching it.

21 hours ago, Forestluv said:

I was responding to the idea that a 2 degree temperature increase won't end anything. . . It would end lots of things.

The point is that the world and life and society are not coming to any end. Not even close. A lot of Green folks portray climate change as if that were the case. Which is a frame that is both false and makes people depressed.

Will some animals and humans get hurt in the process due to climate change. Absolutely. And that has always been the case with human evolution. How many buffalo were hurt in the conquest of America? How many natives?

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Hmm. Climate change should be taken seriously?? 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

8 hours ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

Leo, would YOU vote for Big Dan? Come on, we need SOMEONE to stand up to the Commies in DC?

@Husseinisdoingfine This is so hilarious, just because you guys are both heavy liberals and dude, your like one of the biggest commies on the forum. xD But on a serious note: I been studying it, and this is caused by two red scares in the last century. The one during world war 1 and the one during the cold war. Notice here that conservatism is based on fear and liberalism is based mostly on love. It's not a perfect dichotomy ok, its more like 30/70 on the connie side, and 70/30 on the lib side. I know this because I grew up as a conservative and once I did psychedelics and started this consciousness work I've become a heavy liberal too. I think that's the key difference between libs and connies. {("Is that libs are more loving people.")}<----The key difference. 

Edited by diamondpenguin

Love life and your Health, INFJ Visionary

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

The point is that the world and life and society are not coming to any end.

Sure, life in general won't come to an end - yet many forms of life will come to an end (and new forms of life will arise).

A lot of Green folks portray climate change as if that were the case.

Sure. I see that as well. I also think a lot of greens portray climate change as change for the worse. Although all life might not technically come to an end, many Greens are upset by the types of changes climate change could bring. Greens don't like the idea of having massive amounts of life destroyed such that we have polluted wastelands. 

Technically, some life and society could still exist in polluted wastelands. There are some bacterial species that would thrive in a polluted wasteland. Yet the quality of life for most species that exist today would decrease. 

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Will some animals and humans get hurt in the process due to climate change. Absolutely. And that has always been the case with human evolution. How many buffalo were hurt in the conquest of America? How many natives?

This shit still makes me cry, it will be millions of humans, billions of beings. I want to help them and ease their suffering as best as I can, harsh reality of the past is no excuse for not taking their fate into consideration this time around.

13 minutes ago, Girzo said:

This shit still makes me cry, it will be millions of humans, billions of beings. I want to help them and ease their suffering as best as I can, harsh reality of the past is no excuse for not taking their fate into consideration this time around.

How can you ease their suffering when their condition makes you suffer ;)

The simple fact is that mankind will not take climate issues seriously until they feel the burn of it personally. So we wait for that to happen. Suffering is the greatest teacher.

On 27/03/2021 at 0:03 PM, Leo Gura said:

So fucking funny.

Love and Life

It reminded me of the Brawndo ad from Idiocracy lol

Edited by OceanRiver

Love and Life

56 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

The simple fact is that mankind will not take climate issues seriously until they feel the burn of it personally. So we wait for that to happen. Suffering is the greatest teacher.

@Leo Gura Do you think humanity is going to stay more or less this way forever, or is it likely that as we progress to a certain point that we'll actually be able to take collective problems like climate change seriously right away and take appropriate action immediately?

Actually, come to think of it, we did manage to solve the ozone problem a few decades ago, but of course that was a much smaller problem to deal with than climate change. But even that means that we are at least able to be a little bit proactive, so do you think that humanity's capacity for dealing with collective problems is expanding over time, and in that case, is there is some kind of limit to it. Also, is it possible that our problems are consistently going to be too great for us to deal with relative to our given stage, or even worse, that the scale of disasters we'll be capable of creating will eventually outpace our ability to deal with them.

Unfortunately this is accurate. Sociologists have noted how human beings in general aren't very good at acting on threats that aren't immediate. I think it has to do with level of consciousness and still being a bit of an animal that can only run from the tiger in the jungle but when it's not there no thought is given to any possible issues. Basically humanity will have to deal with climate change and build foresight and wisdom from it. 

5 hours ago, Peter-Andre said:

@Leo Gura Do you think humanity is going to stay more or less this way forever, or is it likely that as we progress to a certain point that we'll actually be able to take collective problems like climate change seriously right away and take appropriate action immediately?

Depends on your time horizon. In 500 years mankind will be unrecognizably more evolved.

11 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Depends on your time horizon. In 500 years mankind will be unrecognizably more evolved.

In 500 years we will be living in another galaxy. xD

Dont look at me! Look inside!

On 27/03/2021 at 8:18 AM, Leo Gura said:

In the long view mankind will terraform the Earth to the perfect temperature.

This won’t be anytime soon. Right now, mankind is having trouble dislodging one ship from the suez canal. 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

1 hour ago, Rilles said:

In 500 years we will be living in another galaxy. xD

Some claim that we already are. :D

18 hours ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

Of course, Conservative ideology is fear based and a truly loving person can never embrace Conservatism

What is wrong with fear based politics? Whats the alternative?

@DnoReally

48 minutes ago, DnoReally said:

What is wrong with fear based politics? Whats the alternative?

Conservativism is not a fear based political ideology. Conservativism is rooted in conservation, and the need to conserve systems. Conservativism done right preserves systems and safe guards against changes too fast or too rushed, which can lead to civil unrest, to civil war. So, what is happening with Conservativism? Most modern conservatives I see mistreat conservatism, and add values more from traditionalists and Republicanism, with some nationalism and patriotism, even some from religion.

Edited by Danioover9000

A silly ad targeted at a silly populace is actually a smart strategy... unfortunately.

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

Here is the Nevada 3rd district version of Big Dan. Here, Dan is "just a small business man, a family man, livin' in the suburbs".

I'd like to see a version of Dan for each state. In Hawaii, we could have Big Surfer Dan, who handles liberals like he handles rip curls.