iceprincess

Why do people preach semen retention so much?

42 posts in this topic

why is it that so many gurus and spiritual people preach semen retention? is it really that bad to jizz out from time to time?? I think I saw Leo saying it's pointless to resist it. why would he say the opposite? 

Because for a lot of people, including myself, it has profound effects on their state of consciousness compared to when you frequently blow your load. For others, clearly, it does not result in the same effect. It’s as simple as that. In my experience, there is a significant increase in overall anxiety, lack of clarity, lack of motivation, and fatigue when I ejaculate.

You need to find out for yourself if it effects your state of consciousness. If it does, then you drop or reduce it. If it doesn’t, then feel free to do whatever you wish.

If you do undertake semen retention, you never want to “resist” or try to squash down the urge out of your experience. That’s silly because it’s not really in your control ultimately - which is probably what Leo was talking about when saying it’s pointless to resist it. What I do is I simply just be with the sexual energy and it passes on its own accord. I also practice Karezza, non orgasmic sex, so I don’t completely abstain from sexual activity.

Edited by tezk

https://www.youtube.com/@tommicallef 

"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are." - Joseph Campbell

Because sexuality has been corroupted too much that masters don't usually teach it trough sex and enlightenment requires renounciation from desires altogether - food, sex, companionship are the strongest and masturbation reinforces dependency on maya.

Just like people are told to stay away from junk food. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@iceprincess I don't know about reaching higher states of consciousness but it definitely boosts your emotional mastery and self-control which I think are important for spiritual work.

Sometimes the only thing you have to doubt is your own common sense

I think it might be an exercise in discipline and self control. As far as the spiritual stuff goes, I think a lot of it might be the placebo effect. 

But then again, I think it also has to do with an individual's relationship with their sexuality. I have also seen stuff before on how masturbating regularly can be helpful for some people if they find themselves having a lot of shame around sex or if they don't know what they like physically.  

I have faith in the person I am becoming xD

https://www.theupwardspiral.blog/

@iceprincess I found semen retention very helpful to help me gather enough energy to start working out. It also helped me very much in keeping focus in actually doing things and sustaining a healthy / positive mindset (I wasn't having the best time). Effects are more real than placebo effect, there's no denying. 

On the other hand, if you do energy work, I believe it's another matter. I'd find myself with so much energy (manifesting in rage, headaches, horniness) after I began Kriya / Kundalini practices I sometimes had to run distances at night and learn how to transmute energy. Maybe pleasuring yourself from times to times would help, but it's true that from an energetic POV, it's energy wasted in nothing.

Also, that's from the experience of a guy. No idea if you're a girl.

Edited by flyingwhalee

Check out my project's new music video about climate change issues: Day Of Change - Earth Failure (Official music video)

@iceprincess

On 12/9/2020 at 6:58 AM, iceprincess said:

why is it that so many gurus and spiritual people preach semen retention? is it really that bad to jizz out from time to time?? I think I saw Leo saying it's pointless to resist it. why would he say the opposite? 

1. Because many Gurus are at an advanced age that masturbation might have more negative effects on their health, mind and body. Also, Guru's and spiritual people are more sensitive to the negative effects of over masturbation like fatigue, headaches, fevers, dead head/brain fog, laziness, overall negative mood swings, increase in bitchy attitude, decrease in attention, depression. When they practice semen retention and sexual celibacy, they see an improvement of all the ailments from over masturbation. I'm not sure how this effects female celibates, but I'm aware how males are effected.

2. I don't know about your situation with your mind, body and energy, so the basic advice is to notice your relationship with masturbation. Are you masturbating too much? Too little? To what are you masturbating to? Could you change the object of pleasure you're masturbating to? How much more can you masturbate? How long can you abstain from it? Is this the right time to masturbate? The more you learn about yourself, the more certain you are about if semen retention is right to practice or not to practice.

3. The reason why he says is pointless to resist the urge to masturbate, is because he's speaking about his mind, body, and energy, and his current ability to let go of resisting the urge and will power against the, NOT ABOUT YOU! Make this  about yourself, and go understand your sexuality and your sexual relationships to other objects and yourself. It's very hard to draw a comparison between Leo and yourself, as he's ultimately speaking about his body and mind. You could have similar to very different views on sex, and sexual experiences, so it's in fact pointless to fully grasp Leo's view on sex, unless you pm him yourself and discuss it in full. Otherwise, straight from the horse's mouth, go verify yourself if this practice works.

I think a lot of advice about semen retention thay gurus teach is taken out of context. it's not just the semen retention but the whole lifestyle behind it, the way you use the energy in your body.

if you just dont ejaculate and not use the energy in the proper way it might cause problems. for me personally i became more anxious and stressed.

just explore yourself and see what works for you. personally i found most guru speeches useless after a while. i guess after some time of watching youtube videos it becomes not enough and you need to start going to seminars and things and the like to gain some value.

Okay, so there's a practice called Brahmachariya. It's translated as celibacy-- no sex, and no masturbation. However, Brahmachariya is about purifying your thoughts and align them to higher consciousness.

Because people are stuck in a materialistic paradigm, they mainly see it as not nutting. 

The focus should be on the mind.

It's not that masturbation/sex is good or bad-- it's just directing thoughts elsewhere. 

I think it's very different for males and females. For male if he reach a "point of no return" he will:

- lose semen - it costs a lot of energy

- or retrograde - it's basically same as above

- if he manage to stop using million dollar technique, energy is also disorganized

Semen retention and nofap are different things. Nofap might create energy stagnation. While semen retention daily "self massage" is advised. It is also advised to ejaculate onece or twice a month (depending on age).

On 12/9/2020 at 11:49 AM, Blackhawk said:

Semen retention/nofap has absolutely zero effect on me.

This is likely a laps of self awareness. It has zero effect on the things your aware of. 

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

On 11/12/2020 at 1:21 PM, Username said:

Semen retention and nofap are different things. Nofap might create energy stagnation. While semen retention daily "self massage" is advised. It is also advised to ejaculate onece or twice a month (depending on age).

Where did you get this POV from ?

"It is also advised to ejaculate onece or twice a month (depending on age)" 

This goes against the common herd view that masturbation has no benefits. I'm not sure what to think tbh. 

@Username

Edited by Striving for more
want to @ user

8 minutes ago, Striving for more said:

This goes against the common herd view that masturbation has no benefits. I'm not sure what to think tbh.

There are quite a few benefits, you can look them up pretty easily

Generally speaking, I would say once every week or more is the sweet spot

I think it could be worth going 30 days just to see what happens. In the end, you gotta test it out for yourself and see what works for you. Ironically, when I went 30 days it actually helped me become more intimate with my sexuality instead of distancing me from it. 

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

Along the lines of tezk, people preach stuff because they have an ideology that they are trying to defend. Complete utter bullshit.

Some people get results from retention, others don't. Thats the truth. When you start preaching though, thats when things turn into delusion

@iceprincessevery male knows when you nut you go on refractory period. Your testosterone drops along with your dopamine and also your body releases crazy amounts of prolactin which makes you soothed out. Relaxed. In a sense.. Tired. Also this is common sense.. You did jizz that nut out.. Now you have to consume energy to replenish. It's done within few days but also what's the point of Nutting anyways? 9 seconds of tingling feeling and then what exactly? Nothing my dear. 

Edited by Someone here

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

3 hours ago, dflores321 said:

Because they're greedy.

They dont wanna give their semen to anyone :D .

Obviously-300x225.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

On 09/12/2020 at 7:21 PM, soos_mite_ah said:

or if they don't know what they like physically.  

I’m pretty sure everyone knows what they like physically.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie