Travelion

How did you guys find actualized.org?

54 posts in this topic

Story time:

A few years ago the mysterious YouTube recommended feed handed me a video of him. I subscribed but then dismissed him every time because of the video length and then got curious about the SD series. Just had an itch that there is a dynamic happening behind the curtain.

Oh well. Life changing stuff happends every day.

Life Purpose journey

Presence. Goodness. Grace. Love.

I don't give a f about enlightenment but I think I am a little enlightened due to various life experiences I have went through.

I personally only care about personal growth.

Actualized.org has some powerful contributors with great insights. I don't think I can find another better forum on personal development.

Edited by hyruga

I remember this vid plopped up in my recommended feed. My reaction was pretty much: Who does this bald click baiting elf think who he is, flipping me off. Been hooked ever since :)  

It was November 2014, I realized I was flunking out of school. Sitting in my room after a couple days of bad/suicidal thoughts, I looked up "How to cure depression" on YouTube and watched Leo's video. The way he spoke really resonated with me, watched a few more videos.

Forgot about Actualized.Org for a couple years though I think I was still subbed, maybe not. It wasn't until October 2017 when I got a huge raise that I started taking personal development seriously and I started watching his videos again.

hrhrhtewgfegege

With me, it was a case of "come for A Rant Against The Pickup Community, stay for The Most SHOCKING Truth You'll Ever Hear".

What can I say folks, I knew that watching all those RSD videos would lead me to something great. LOL

Why so serious?

I was just going through my youtube history... I searched "Leo" in Dec 2014 lmao, I also searched "anxiety meditation" a dozen times before this

but from my memory I found Actualized.org a year or two earlier than that when I was dealing more intensely with depression and negative thought cycles, maybe watched vids on and off during these years, can't remember precisely 

But when I was around 18 or 19 I realized how much Actualized.org had helped me and how valuable it was compared to other channels I'd come across 

"Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it" -Rumi

i got into law of attraction and was watching aaron dought's videos, leo's loa video popped up on my feed and i watched it but i didn't think much of it. after that he just started popping up on my feed more and started watching his stage orange videos. he was already making those 2 hr+ vids when i discovered him.  when i looked through his whole archive and saw how he began making vids on how to make girls squirt to very in depth videos on metaphysics and epistemology i knew this guy was the shit. 

Had an acid trip with my friends that was meant to recreational but ended up with me having the most ineffable experience ever. Instantly knew that I found what I had been looking for my entire life, with

the insight that I could literally become anything I wanted, like an omnicient feeling. It lasted for a few seconds until I drifted back into my ordinary super confused existence (i guess since I could become anything I wanted I decided to become confused again :)))) A few months later a friend of mine referred to a number of different yt self development channels and I was instantly hooked by Leo's content. I was completely mindblown how well he articulated enlightenment and other self help topics. Leo expressed things so well. So much to work on, wow...

Now trying to figure out how to transition my confused and fragmented life into higher values and ultimately enlightenment, what I experienced in my first acid trip drives me this day, although I have so much to work on, defiency needs still control me and this is probably what needs the most work for me.

Its really interesting to hear other people's paths. Incredible to have stumbled upon this gold mine.

Edited by Tarzan

I chanced upon his videos while surfing the net googling for answers to emotional problems in my life from years ago(I've been watching his vids on and off since late 2014, glad I stuck around).

Around 3-4 years ago I was struggling from issues like procastination (still do) and dealing with toxic classmates and used to binge watch self help videos about these problems on youtube. I don't exactly remember which video of Leo was my first, but the first time I saw his catalog of videos and saw how long they were, I knew something was up here. Then for months I just casually watched more of his content, until I watched spiral dynamics stage blue, which got me extremely fascinated. Then some more time passed, eventually I stumbled upon the video ''Spiritual Enlightenment - The most SHOCKING Truth you'll ever hear''  and reached the point of no return. 

After experiencing extreme depression, anxiety, and hopelessness for many years psychedelics revealed to me how I was creating my own suffering, that nobody else was going to face my fears for me, that the path to freedom and self-improvement was through conscious action, and many other things. I began to research the mechanisms of how they worked which led me to discovering books and talks by Terrence Mckenna, Alan Watts, the Shulgins and so on. Eventually the youtube algorithm started pushing Leo's 5-Meo "magic pill" video into my recommendation feed last summer and while I haven't done 5-meo (maybe one day but LSD and psilocybin are more than enough for me currently) Leo's no-BS approach to spirituality and self-improvement resonated more deeply with me than any teacher I'd encountered previously. Over the course of several months I watched the majority of his videos, and I've been keeping up ever since.

I was a philosophical nerd in 1st yr of college and started looking at philosophies like skepticism, idealism, Christianity, and stoicism. I fell in love with stoicism, and started reading books like the obstacle is the way. I then stumbled upon this video:

That was a great explanation of stoicism, then went to his more spiritual videos and started falling in love with experience, insight and mystical experiences.

I think this was one of the first videos I watched in November 2018. I was going to therapy as a requirement for weight loss surgery. I got depressed digging up the past and triggered complex ptsd. I would watch Kris Godinez’s, “We need to talk” and Kati Morton on YouTube. After watching their content for a few months his videos started popping up in my recommended. I’m so happy it did. 

Trough suffering 9_9

I was actually checking out Eliot Hulse during my time of addictions/depression, he got me into baby steps of self help and working out. 
Leo just popped up on my suggested videos in YouTube with topics that were and still are relateble, and I started getting deeper into self help.

The next thing I know my life has turned a 360 (to the better) and I'm 4 months into enlightenment work, freaking out almsot weekly. heh.

I was chosen for glory, by youtubes algorithms. 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

20 hours ago, integral said:

I was chosen for glory, by youtubes algorithms. 

All hail the chosen one!

I had just started doing visualizations before bed time, but I wasn't aware back then that they were visualizations.. SO I've discovered that name from google, then I searched the word on youtube . I found Leo's video about how visualization can change your life, Since then I have been skeptical to do the self inquiry thing, till now to be honest i'm just on and off the forum.

I can't seem to see that far back in my Youtube watch history. Most likely just a recommended video in the sidebar of a random personal development video. I may have been searching weight loss and found his "How I Lost 65 Pounds in 5 Months" video first.

I know I was there early. Those vids of him in the Grand Canyon or wherever pre-greenscreen are some of the first I remember watching.