Patrick Lynam

Is there any point in having sex with lots of women

21 posts in this topic

You can obtain things like:

• Experience.
  • STDs.
  • A sexual partner becoming a girlfriend.
  • Respect from certain groups of people.
  • Sex addiction.

1 hour ago, Spiral said:

• Experience.
  • STDs.
  • Sex addiction.

Lol best message ever.

3 hours ago, Spiral said:

• Experience.
  • STDs.
  • Sex addiction.

Check! lol

You gain something if you really enjoy sex and if you really enjoy variety. And then you lose on other stuff. I don't regret it because regret is pointless, and there was a time in my life when seducing women was my favorite thing in the world.

Edited by Gili Trawangan

Alternative Rock Music and Spirituality on YouTube: The Buddha Visions

4 hours ago, Spiral said:

STDs

I don't think ppl think of this often enough. 

When I worked in an ER, men and women would come in with STD symptoms and when they were diagnosed with a STD. They were always so shocked.?

These can't be cured- 

*hepatitis B

*Genital herpes

*HIV/AIDS

*HPV

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

@Shiva ? Desired Results 

Is all that we see or seem

But a dream within a dream?

- Edgar Allen Poe 

6 hours ago, Keyhole said:

People that sleep around a lot are gross.  I remember when a guy friend of mine about ten years ago told me the amount of women he had been with and afterwards, I was no longer interested in him.  I really cared for him however, but would not sleep with him.  You run the risk of missing out on someone you really really like if they have decency and self respect, they won't want to risk their health to sleep with a stray.

I for one would not get with a guy who had been with a lot of women.
You guys think of it as a conquest - we women are thinking about what is on you.  Not sexy.  Just my two cents take it or leave it.

I'll bet that if Leonardo Dicaprio came a-knocking (or whatever high status guy tickles your fancy), that theory would quickly fly out the window ;)

@Gili Trawangan True, and there's also the added subtlety that in @Keyhole's example, the guy she referred to verbally announced his "lay count," which is probably half the issue right there.

If a guy has lots and lots of sex, but keeps his mouth shut and makes no effort to flaunt it, that could be seriously sexy. Gives him mystery and modesty. To the woman, she has no clue how much action he's had in his life! But what sets him apart from a virgin would be his vulnerability, confidence, lack of "sheltered" or compensating behavior, etc. this basically says "I am not afraid of my sexuality, nor am I afraid of yours" or, in other words, "I've had lots of practice ;)" If a guy pulls this off, whether or not he has AIDS is probably the last thing on your mind.

It becomes toxic when the guy then takes the additional step of being a loudmouth, "bro I've fucked soooo many women ahahah..." At that point subtlety and class flies out the window and it becomes very easy to picture him with ALL the AIDS. Although he might still seem to have the same general sense of vulnerability and confidence, this verbal affirmation of his "lay count" actually acts as a compensating behavior. He might as well be saying "I don't believe I am enough by my own merits, let me convince you that other girls have liked me in the past! So you should too!"

It's very manipulative when you break it down like that. It's no wonder that women hate it.

Edited by RendHeaven

It's Love.

@RendHeaven It is women who ask me regularly how many women I've had sex with :) and I think you're right, I always feel unease about the question and just reply something like "enough". Some of them are very insistent on getting an actual number though, I think they're looking for an answer that makes them feel special, it's got nothing to do with us as men and everything to do with how they get to perceive themselves in the situation. However, giving them an actual number is never going to make them feel good. So, best to ignore and tease back and let them create their own little fantasy.

9 minutes ago, Gili Trawangan said:

I always feel unease about the question and just reply something like "enough".

Exactly. "Enough" is a brilliant answer. It's direct and honest, but also modest. It suggests "a lot" without any sense of compensation or manipulation.

This is a very keen insight:

16 minutes ago, Gili Trawangan said:

I think they're looking for an answer that makes them feel special, it's got nothing to do with us as men and everything to do with how they get to perceive themselves in the situation.

However, giving them an actual number is never going to make them feel good.

When the woman asks, "how many girls have you slept with?" what she (usually) really means is: "Can I trust you? How will you treat me?"

And responding "5" or "50" does not answer that implicit underlying question.

It's Love.

On 15-3-2020 at 9:28 PM, Keyhole said:

I remember when a guy friend of mine about ten years ago told me the amount of women he had been with and afterwards, I was no longer interested in him.

Was he interested in you?

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

On 15.03.2020 at 2:32 PM, Conscientious Anon said:

Having sex with lots of women is just a lifestyle choice. Biochemically no different than eating large quantities of chocolate. 

Pprobably you are right

Pros:

-It feels really good

(the act of sex itself)

*most of the time

Cons:

-All the strings you get yourself entangled in

-You might get possessive/attached 

-The idea of sleeping with many women is much different than the actuality of it

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

The point is whatever you think it is.

By seeking you will find what you're looking for.

Edited by Roy

hrhrhtewgfegege

@modmyth Haha I honestly don't know, it's the only celebrity who's notoriously a 'man whore' that came to mind :)

I don't know the names of any of the young ones. Channing Tatum maybe.. he's the last one I'm aware of. The point was made regardless ;)

It's a matter of perspective. I don't want to upset anyone here, I'm just putting in my two cents. Everyone should do what they want with who they want, as long as consent is involved from both parties and if feelings are not hurt in the process. But don't do it for the count, it doesn't help. Do it with women you actually like and want to know in an intimate manner.

Sure. I do it because I enjoy it. 

Similar to listening to music or eating foods I like