How to be wise

Shall I introduce people to turquoise right away?

19 posts in this topic

In the place where I work, occasionally some of my friends will ask me, “so, what do you do in your free time?” Of course I don’t tell them that I’m into spirituality, because they are mostly stage Blue/Orange folks. But the question I sometimes ask myself is, shouldn’t I? Why don’t I just blast their minds with some stage turquoise material? I mean, plenty of them seem pretty open minded to me. Would their development suffer if I revealed turquoise prematurely?

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

Well it's likely they will misconstrue some of the things you say to them no matter how well you explain it, if they are actually stage blue/orange as you say. On the other hand if they seem open-minded and friendly, why not? Just don't get into the trap of arguing. That negative experience might turn them off from the material in the future.

In my opinion there is nothing really wrong with being exposed to stuff that is extremely advanced compared to your position on the spiral. As long as it'sf in a safe, educational setting.

I do it all the time personally.

I love searching out radical concepts and teachings that I have NO idea how to integrate or fully grasp at the moment. It helps satisfy my curiosity and gives me something to work towards! 

hrhrhtewgfegege

8 hours ago, How to be wise said:

Would their development suffer if I revealed turquoise prematurely?

I believe so.
The content you would provide would either be incorporated into beliefs they currently hold, or demonized and rejected.

• In case it would be incorporated, they would be less willing to leave their stage.
  • In case it would be demonized, they would feel repelled by turquoise content in the future when it would be appropriate for them.

I'd suggest presenting information that is immediately above their stage of development in a way that is informed by your personal experience of transcending their current stage.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

You can adapt what you say depending on the person you are talking and the situation, low stages can get very defensive or offensive in a blink. If you are yellow or above, you can sense it.

The fact that are you're asking shows that you yourself are not eligible to do so, because you have no idea of the way growth happens. And that already means you're nowhere near turquoise. Appreciate the complexity and dedication it takes on this path. Suffered the same mistake with my friends and family. 

In my experience one needs to be at stage green to be open to stage turquoise. I have had someone who is mostly stage orange but still has blue in him get almost agressive when he overheared me talking about my ego death experience to a stage green friend. It was quite scary actually. Those people have a lot of work to do before they can benefit from it.

@How to be wise Ken Wilber points out that awakening experiences can happen at every spiral dynamics stage. A blue person could realize god. An orange person could be opposed to spirituality the most, but still, Leo's wording about doing an empirical investigation (say, into how the mind works) could appeal. Some people also have a sense of something transcendent without naming it God or having a context for it. If it's important to you, you can probably find the right way to speak about spirituality with your friends. You'll probably have to do it one on one though, just ask if the person believes in god, cares about truth, etc.

Should I explain to someone how to code before they know how to use a computer? Do you teach someone how to run before they know how to walk? 

They may or may not get it even if you explain it to them. They may be more receptive if you introduce it as "your beliefs" rather than truth. 

On 28/01/2020 at 8:59 PM, How to be wise said:

because they are mostly stage Blue/Orange folks

Stop with this categorization of people!

Why don’t I just blast their minds with some stage turquoise material?

"Blast their minds"? Lol. I'd bet you'd bore the hell out of them.  

Would their development suffer if I revealed turquoise prematurely?

Omg... what does "reveal turquoise" is supposed to mean?

Sorry, but I think you're nowhere near as self-developed as you think you are.

You sound like a religious person who thinks: "Oh... I want to introduce the word of God to these sinful people. Are they ready though?"

I'd suggest, instead, you hang out with them someday. Go to a bar or something. If you do so, are you able to forget about self-development during that time -- and just let yourself go, laugh, and enjoy the moment?

"My family hates me when I am a Buddhist, but they love me when I am a Buddha." -- Jack Kornfield

one day this will all be memories

it would be ok. They might think you are weird or ask you about why you do it. Just speak your truth and love them however they respond. 

don't talk down to them as if they are stage blue/ orange. You will only see the differences between yourselves. Instead speak your truth how it is for you and leave the judging part up to them

The hardest part here is to embody our truth even when it's esoteric or emanates a 'woo woo' vibe

Now this is a fruitful discussion that goes right to the mark.

On 1/30/2020 at 6:01 PM, Ero said:

The fact that are you're asking shows that you yourself are not eligible to do so, because you have no idea of the way growth happens. And that already means you're nowhere near turquoise. Appreciate the complexity and dedication it takes on this path. Suffered the same mistake with my friends and family.

Exactly what I thought in terms of her stage, but who know qw don't know her personal...  @Ero your Advice is still sound. 

7 hours ago, kag101 said:

Stop with this categorization of people!

"Blast their minds"? Lol. I'd bet you'd bore the hell out of them.  

Omg... what does "reveal turquoise" is supposed to mean?

Sorry, but I think you're nowhere near as self-developed as you think you are.

You sound like a religious person who thinks: "Oh... I want to introduce the word of God to these sinful people. Are they ready though?"

I'd suggest, instead, you hang out with them someday. Go to a bar or something. If you do so, are you able to forget about self-development during that time -- and just let yourself go, laugh, and enjoy the moment?

Word! But I would dare to add that you can categorize people dynamically into stage, you guess the stage. You can frame higher topics so that they appreciate it and you avoid some misunderstandings. But you stay alert, maybe they are more developed in a different domain. For example you have a seemingly money hungry stage orange type, but then you find that he is like that to accomplish a sophisticated goal which helps a lot of people. See, it's not so easy as judgement but still possible.

I have ask the cypher this : Becomes Spiral Dynamics obsolete to a stage turquoise person ?

''Shall I introduce people to turquoise right away?''> Should I give my pearls to some pigs?

@Arcangelo Yes, you should give a perl or two to some pigs, becose they look prettier with perls. But most probably they would eat it...

On 1/29/2020 at 5:29 AM, How to be wise said:

In the place where I work, occasionally some of my friends will ask me, “so, what do you do in your free time?” Of course I don’t tell them that I’m into spirituality, because they are mostly stage Blue/Orange folks. But the question I sometimes ask myself is, shouldn’t I? Why don’t I just blast their minds with some stage turquoise material? I mean, plenty of them seem pretty open minded to me. Would their development suffer if I revealed turquoise prematurely?

I've faced this. Personally, what helped me was to integrate Blue and Orange and to integrate more with the environment I found myself in. As someone who is more conscious than your environment, you have much more of a shot at doing this than someone who is lesser conscious than their environment!

"Do not pray for an easy life. Pray for the strength to endure a difficult one." - Bruce Lee

Keep what you learn inside, because you are not Leo, you are something else. Most people will not be ready to receive your advice. 

A true Spiral Wizard already knows the answer, if they are ready you would know, in that case you could nudge them in the right direction, but Blue/Orange folk are not gonna want to be "blasted" with Turqouise, youre gonna look like a freak to them, pitchforks and witch trials, I would suggest just letting people grow at their own pace. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

I'm not telling anything if I'm not asked directly. So I keep everything to myself ;)Sometimes I may give some hints and check how someone response. I think this is a safest way to push someone into right direction without causing strong ego reaction.

On 1/29/2020 at 3:40 AM, tsuki said:

I'd suggest presenting information that is immediately above their stage of development in a way that is informed by your personal experience of transcending their current stage.

Agreed, and I would also add on to that : if they're ready for it, meaning they've been in a current stage for awhile, and have reached a level of development where they're experiencing some of the limitations of thier current stage. 

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/