Gili Trawangan

If the Truth were horrible would you be pursuing it?

91 posts in this topic

I haven't finished watching Leo's video about survival, but what I've seen so far triggered this question. Maybe it's been asked before... the question itself is quite self-explanatory, if this was a dream and an illusion (as it is), only Truth was not infinite Goodness but something else entirely different, more akin to the Matrix (only worse), would you be pursuing it?

Don't take the question too seriously though :D or then again, please do ;)

Alternative Rock Music and Spirituality on YouTube: The Buddha Visions

To know Truth, you have to die. That doesn't all that pleasant to me. I know once you do die, it is beyond words wonderful, but still dying and realizing you never existed and your life is a lie, is no picnic. For some, like me, you just want the truth, whatever it is. Tired of not knowing what the fuck is going on. 

The truth is never manifest only in one place, it's everywhere and on all levels of awareness that's what makes it truth to begin with. So whatever it is you are already experiencing indirect results of that absolute truth.

Edited by ColdFacts

Short answer Yes. Very much your whole life you Feel compeled to find it. Probably You, everyone and me made all the mistakes on path. Fall in every hole learning to crawl out of it. 

Personally never used drugs/God's medicine to realize it. I think it is not needed at all. Practises done with pure heart and trong determination to know Truth Will get you there. 

Regular meditation, doing nothing Will get you there it is joke when you think about it. 

Will you Feel your own death Yes but at least for me this last 2 or 3 seconds then you want to die to IT. 

But soon you Will realize there is really nothing to fear about. This is what you really are behind the veil(your life). 

What you are is so bloody amazing no words can ever describe it. 

Share the unicorn ?❤️?

Ever heard about The dark night of the soul ?

Doesn't look likes heaven to me.

For the ego, enlightenment is hell, so that's already the case.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

3 minutes ago, Shiva said:

Well, the Truth is horrible.

Because what is horrible is defined relative to your ego.

Since Truth requires the ego to die, it's the most horrible thing there is.

EDIT: Sorry, @Shin at first I didn't realize I'm saying exactly what you said just in different words xD

You said it better than me sweetie ?

It's like Eckhart Tolle says (I guess because I'm not enlightened, just scared af :ph34r:)

Question: What will I gain from enlightenment ? I need to know towards what I'm going.

Answer: It's amazing, but there won't be a you to experience it.

Sorry 'bout that ?

God is love

And God in them

1 minute ago, Shin said:

You said it better than me sweetie ?

It's like Eckhart Tolle says (I guess because I'm not enlightened, just scared af :ph34r:)

Question: What will I gain from enlightenment ? I need to know towards what I'm going.

Answer: It's amazing, but there won't be a you to experience it.

Sorry 'bout that ?

What is better, to be it or to experience it. To experience is one step further. Think about this. ?

”Enlightenment is the egos biggest disappointment.”

Still wanna keep going? 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

Well, it can't be horrible because no judgement can ever be true and Truth can never be pointed to. 

Mysterious. It is mysterious. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

2 minutes ago, Rilles said:

Still wanna keep going? 

Hahahahaha! The spiritual ego's biggest disappointment maybe. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

2 minutes ago, Rilles said:

Still wanna keep going? 

Ofc we do, we are stupid ?

4 minutes ago, zeroISinfinity said:

What is better, to be it or to experience it. To experience is one step further. Think about this. ?

Language, whatever you say it's far from it anyway, even being, which means nothing for a strong ego, so better use the word experience.

God is love

And God in them

@Gili Trawangan Well Truth is also freedom/liberation and it's your true nature. Can't have one without the other. So for the sake of knowing what I am and to be infinitely free, I'd still want to know what Truth is at any cost.

@Gili Trawangan

Truth has value only because we're deluded. If we weren't, it wouldn't mean anything to us.

Truth is not blissful, nor horrible. Truth is just True. Meanings are being attached to Truth from the human perspective because we're still deluded.

The ultimate Truth is Nothingness, and that is death.

The truth is horrifying. Once it is attained, you get bored and start the cycle of torture and misery again, and this cycle continues infinitely. 

“Words are like Leaves; And where they most abound, Much Fruit of Sense beneath is rarely found.”

The only experience of ego death I've had was the most wonderful and blissful experience ever. The difficulty was to surrender.

However, I freely admit that I don't know enough about it. But isn't immortality a step up from being a body-mind that slowly decays and dies? How is that horrible?

There's definitely something that I'm missing here :) of course I understand that Truth is without meaning and we are the ones classifying it as good or bad.

@Shin I went through a dark night of the soul. Everything seemed pointless and grim. The kind of horrible I had in mind was much worse than that :)

What a mindfuck xD

Yeah, I was wondering, for me this whole journey is very bittersweet.

Is that the way it stays, or does the bitterness disappear?

Or do both the bitterness and sweetness disappear? :o

Realizeyourgrowth.com

Horrible is a judgment coming from survival.

Truthfully, horrible does not exist.

Truth is "good" in that is totally frees you of all such judgments.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Gili Trawangan 

Hypothetically speaking, if "the truth" was horrible, then depending on how horrible it was, I probably wouldn't seek it. Let's say I break through to that hypothetical dark "truth", and now I constantly feel suffering and pains in my experience, nah thx.

So I can't really claim that I want to truly know the truth in regards to enlightenment, at least not as a standalone. I want to know truth moreso because of the benefits (that are positive in my view), that come with embodying and consciously living it. 

"Wisdom is knowing I am nothing, Love is knowing I am everything, and between the two my life moves."

- Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj