Gili Trawangan

If the Truth were horrible would you be pursuing it?

91 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

@DrewNows stop defending him he's dug his own grave.

I wasn't supporting him, i am playing into the illusion.

It doesn't matter what i do, stop acting like it does :ph34r:

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Horrible is a judgment coming from survival.

Truthfully, horrible does not exist.

Truth is "good" in that is totally frees you of all such judgments.

I think he's going more hypothetical with this one.

Like, imagine that the actual truth were not what is. Instead in this imaginary reality, the truth is that, when you wake up it's eternal hellfire and suffering. And hellfire and suffering is the absolute truth, genuinely.

If so, would you still pursue it, when things get worse in realizing this absolute Truth is this hypothetical version of reality?

It's an interesting question.

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

2 minutes ago, Emerald said:

Like, imagine that the actual truth were not what is. Instead in this imaginary reality, the truth is that, when you wake up it's eternal hellfire and suffering. And hellfire and suffering is the absolute truth, genuinely.

If so, would you still pursue it, when things get worse in realizing this absolute Truth is this hypothetical version of reality?

Of course! I would be first to jump into the fire. At least I would of won and reached the Truth. :ph34r:

2 hours ago, Emerald said:

@Emerald Yes, that's exactly what I meant.

Alternative Rock Music and Spirituality on YouTube: The Buddha Visions

13 minutes ago, Gili Trawangan said:

@Emerald Yes, that's exactly what I meant.

That’s kinda silly almost like saying if Truth was to physically die, then would you be willing to end your life? 

Which reminds me of the movie: the discovery 

27 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

That’s kinda silly almost like saying if Truth was to physically die, then would you be willing to end your life? 

I think I have heard Leo say that.

You have to want to know the Truth badly enough that you are willing to die/suicide?

I mean, I like the idea of knowing the Truth, as long as it doesn't inconvenience me or my lifes existence.

2 hours ago, DrewNows said:

@DrewNows There's worse things than death or non-existence.

Edited by Gili Trawangan
spelling

9 minutes ago, Gili Trawangan said:

@DrewNows There's worse things than death, or non-existance.

Maybe...but it don’t matter 

47 minutes ago, Knock said:

You have to want to know the Truth badly enough that you are willing to die/suicide?

I mean, I like the idea of knowing the Truth, as long as it doesn't inconvenience me or my lifes existence.

Yes ideas are fantastic. What happens when you drop all ideas, all knowledge/concepts, and beliefs? Do you and your life actually exist? Is there even an existence? There’s the I am’ness/being but what does it feel like when there’s no more ‘knowing’ about anything...

A flute with no holes is not a flute, and the Truth without love is not the Truth.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

5 hours ago, DrewNows said:

Let me ask you this, who is the "i" that does not know?

A thought.

@Inliytened1 Stop trying to classify me in your little categories. I am not an agnostic.

5 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

@DrewNows stop defending him he's dug his own grave.

This does not seem like love or liberation. Sorry buddy.

@Truth Addict

1 hour ago, Truth Addict said:

A thought.

@Inliytened1 Stop trying to classify me in your little categories. I am not an agnostic.

This does not seem like love or liberation. Sorry buddy.

That's good.  You should never put yourself in a category.  That's what I'm trying to get you to see.  You mentioned Agnosticism not I.  Never put yourself in a category if you wish to find Truth.  They are dualities.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Inliytened1I think that convincing others does not make much sense.

Edited by tedens

@tedens not trying to.  One must discover Truth for themselves.  It cannot be spoken.  But it must be spoken.  But one can still learn from another once one loses their own pride and ego.  Humility is the way of Truth.  

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

On 31/05/2019 at 10:00 AM, zeroISinfinity said:

Short answer Yes. Very much your whole life you Feel compeled to find it. Probably You, everyone and me made all the mistakes on path. Fall in every hole learning to crawl out of it. 

Personally never used drugs/God's medicine to realize it. I think it is not needed at all. Practises done with pure heart and trong determination to know Truth Will get you there. 

Regular meditation, doing nothing Will get you there it is joke when you think about it. 

Will you Feel your own death Yes but at least for me this last 2 or 3 seconds then you want to die to IT. 

But soon you Will realize there is really nothing to fear about. This is what you really are behind the veil(your life). 

What you are is so bloody amazing no words can ever describe it. 

Share the unicorn ?❤️?

You didn't réalise. If so. You would know there is no séparation between drug and god

I feel like I need to explain what I meant in my original post. I don't usually write much, so maybe I didn't communicate it properly. This was supposed to be an exercise in imagination. Not to be mistaken for the reality we live in. I'm not making statements about what's True and what's not.

What if there was a hidden Truth in the world? (so far it still resembles reality)

What if you could Wake Up to that Truth? (still resembling reality)

(and now let's part ways with reality) What if that Truth was something similar to the plot of the Matrix? (use your imagination now) The world is a simulation and when you Wake Up you realize that you are being kept alive for the purposes of being transformed into a battery (just like the Matrix). Unlike in the Matrix, you don't get to fight the machines and achieve peace. You Wake Up and you don't even get to leave the pod where your energy is being extracted, you just stay there forever in the agony of knowing that you are a slave forever.

Would you then pursue Truth?

That was my question. I know it's silly, it wasn't meant to be taken seriously :) but sometimes silly questions can also make us think.