PT89

Most deeply enlightened teachers

145 posts in this topic

@kieranperez i tried searching for everything about 30 years in a cave and nothing comes up :((( he's probably saving it for the booklist

''The Enlightened Master who did 1000 5 meo DMT trips''

Who is gonna be the character of this book for the very first time? 

Would he/she survive till 1000 trips to talk about it?

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

On 3/30/2019 at 4:37 AM, Leo Gura said:

Seems to me that it's possible to awaken without having a kundalini awakening experience, thus people who awaken without much kundalini surges might not emphasize it in their teachings. Teachers tend to emphasize their own path to awakening. But there is more than one path because not all human minds/brains/bodies/personalities are the same. Imagine for example what it would be like for an autistic male to awaken versus a super emotional psychic female. They will have VERY different paths even though the ultimate realization of Truth will be similar after the dust settles. There are a lot of psychic people who have very weird and twisted paths to awakening. It's going to be very hard to understand or evaluate them unless you have had those kinds of extra-sensory abilities for your entire life. It's like being a different species of human. Their brains work differently.

Do you think the future of spirituality is going to become more integral, specifically on this point? Where certain spiritual masters will be adept and well versed across the board from Zen - Shamanism - Yoga - Occult/Paranormal Practices (like in the yogic or shaman schools) - Psychedelics - and do on? I feel like we’re already starting to see at least a theoretical convergence of all this with conferences like Science & Nonduality. 

This way their teachings and theoretical understanding can apply and serve a wider variety of people who have different weaknesses in their path towards awakening but also their strong points.

Personally I think Shinzen Young is a great example of a Buddhist master whose open minded enough to look into even neuroscience, not to mention other meditative traditions. Shunyamurti I think is a good example too, although I have a lot of skepticism over some of his ideologies. 

Edited by kieranperez

9 hours ago, kieranperez said:

Shunyamurti I think is a good example too, although I have a lot of skepticism over some of his ideologies. 

Could you elaborate? Only listening to him recently and I find him quite interesting. But didn't watch too many videos to get a bigger picture of his views. I love his way of expression also, but I had to get used to it

On 30/03/2019 at 8:12 PM, Leo Gura said:

Not face to face. But I hear they are good. Tibet has some very advanced teachings. Dzogchen is especially good.

I think yoga goes all the way up to the highest nondual stage. Depends on which yoga and how you do it.

I would not underestimate yogis. They are some hardcore fuckers.

I'm about to read a book by a yogi who spent 30 years straight meditating for 8 hours per day. Don't even dare to guess what he became conscious of.

This is super old.. anyone know the book?