PT89

Most deeply enlightened teachers

145 posts in this topic

@Joseph Maynor You say you experienced ego death but at the same time read somewhere saying ego can only be transcended meaning ego will exist but will seen as un real. 

So which is correct? Fullfledged ego death is possible or not? 

15 minutes ago, Jkris said:

@Joseph Maynor You say you experienced ego death but at the same time read somewhere saying ego can only be transcended meaning ego will exist but will seen as un real. 

So which is correct? Fullfledged ego death is possible or not? 

I don't take psychedelics to be anything literal.  I think that's a trap.  You learn from the experiences but then you come back into regular life where you do have an Ego.  People who take psychedelics literally I think are misled.  It's a temporary brain-state like a dream that you're conscious in.  I think it's important to know when to stop using psychedelics on the Path too otherwise you can become pretty deluded.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Osho is the key to all of this

One’s center is not one’s center, it is the center of the whole. 

And the ego-center is one’s center.

That is the only difference, but that is a vast difference.- 

Thank you ? for sharing @Joseph Maynor

did you have a tough upbringing? Was all of the psychs for growth purposes, the experience, or an escape from reality as you knew it? 

6 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

Thank you ? for sharing @Joseph Maynor

did you have a tough upbringing? Was all of the psychs for growth purposes, the experience, or an escape from reality as you knew it? 

No, I just got really curious when Leo started doing psychedelics, and for about a year I experimented with them pretty heavily, especially LSD.  I did that Changa first which really scared me and blew the lid off my complacency and I was kinda chasing that same experience again, although I never fully experienced it twice.  If you're working on Enlightenment, I definitely would recommend exploring psychedelics.  There is a lot of insight to be had there.  Also I recall Emerald talking about her trips too, which also influenced me to try psychedelics.  I really have no desire to do them anymore though.  I got the lessons from them.  Psychedelics are great tools for helping you transcend the Ego.  Of course, you still need to locate being and transcend the Mind as well for Enlightenment work.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Jkriswith psychs, the part of the brain that gives you your sense of self gets cut off (correct me if I’m wrong) and therefore the mind literally can feel the sense of death, I can testify to this and my mind fought for dear life as I went deeper and deeper down the rabbit hole 

@Joseph Maynorhmm okay, how long did you wait between trips? 

I had my first awakening about 6 months after my trip and it was during my reading of the power of now which I randomly picked up at the book store and started reading almost out of mockery as I had no interest/knowledge of spirituality,and in a state of severe depression. So tired of dragging on my life story. I was ready to give up and surrender 

J. Krishnamurti, Rupert Spira, Sadhguru, Shunyamurti, Peter Ralston...

But I must say that, like @Leo Gura told (in his "Leaving on 30-Day Solo Retreat" video), spiritual teachings from these great names are not enough by themselves. One needs to integrate these teachings with intellectual frameworks, i.e. science, philosophy, politics.

For example, Bernardo Kastrup is enlightened AF. But also, without the discipline of those teachings, scientists, philosophers, etc. can fall into ego trap.

1 hour ago, DrewNows said:

@Joseph Maynorhmm okay, how long did you wait between trips? 

I had my first awakening about 6 months after my trip and it was during my reading of the power of now which I randomly picked up at the book store and started reading almost out of mockery as I had no interest/knowledge of spirituality,and in a state of severe depression. So tired of dragging on my life story. I was ready to give up and surrender 

Well, LSD and Psilocybin Mushrooms act on the same tolerance receptors, so if you do one of those do not do either of those again for like at least 2 weeks.  I would wait a solid month in between trips at least so as to not waste your money.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

1 minute ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Well LSD and Mushroom act on the same tolerance receptors, so if you do one of those do not do either again for like at least 2 weeks.  I would wait a month in between trips at least to not waste your money.

Thank you. Yeah I have some emotional issues or trauma which are still triggering the responses in certain situations (sometimes perpetuating).

Do you know of an online source for in the US? (Pm me If that’s cool) 

36 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I don't take psychedelics to be anything literal.  I think that's a trap.  You learn from the experiences but then you come back into regular life where you do have an Ego.  People who take psychedelics literally I think are misled.  It's a temporary brain-state like a dream that you're conscious in.  I think it's important to know when to stop using psychedelics on the Path too otherwise you can become pretty deluded.

Do you take your sober state as literal? 

1 hour ago, Consilience said:

Do you take your sober state as literal? 

I don't really care about metaphysics.  In Zen, you get popped out of thinking about reality or metaphysics.  I just don't really pay the issue any mind, if that makes sense.  It's not an issue that I cling to as relevant 99% of the time.  I'm not clinging to knowing reality in some kind of metaphysical way anymore.  It's like I've outgrown that, like outgrowing a hobby or interest that you previously had when you were a kid.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

6 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I don't really care about metaphysics.  In Zen, you get popped out of thinking about reality or metaphysics.  I just don't really pay the issue any mind, if that makes sense.  It's not an issue that I cling to as relevant 99% of the time.  I'm not clinging to knowing reality in some kind of metaphysical way anymore.  It's like I've outgrowth that, like outgrowing a hobby or interest that you previously had when you were a kid.

That’s not really what I meant. You said the problem is people taking psychedelics literally. Im asking, if you dont take psychedelics literally, do you take sobriety literally? If you do, or if there is some distinction you’re making between psychedelic state of consciousness and sober states of consciousnes, why are you doing that?

3 hours ago, Consilience said:

That’s not really what I meant. You said the problem is people taking psychedelics literally. Im asking, if you dont take psychedelics literally, do you take sobriety literally? If you do, or if there is some distinction you’re making between psychedelic state of consciousness and sober states of consciousnes, why are you doing that?

I don't care about the issue at all.  I don't try to define things like that or try to know things like that anymore.  How can I clarify this further?  I know this is a mindf*ck of a different way of being for people who are trained to want to know things.  The issue died on the vine for me.  It died when I transcended the Mind.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

https://de.spiritualwiki.org/Hawkins/ListTrueTeachers

This is interesting to check out in relation to most deeply enlightened teachers. It is a list calibrated by David R. Hawkins using the muscle testing.

I am not claiming it's totally true, but it might be worth checking out.

905-990|980 Twelve Apostles of Jesus Christ

960 HuangPo Xiyun

930 John the Baptist

910 Moses

850 Abraham

795 Bodhidharma

760 Mahatma Gandhi  

745 Paul the Apostle

740 Adi Shankaracharya

740 Dōgen Zenji

730 Plotinus

720 Moshe ben Shem-Tov

720 Ramana Maharshi

720 Nisargadatta Maharaj

715 Patanjali

715 Teresa of Avilá

710 Mother Teresa

705 Meister Eckhart

700 Rembrandt van Rijn (work)

740/700 until age 38
- Fallen -Prophet Muhammad

760 until ~2004/2005
- Fallen -Ramesh Balsekar

Use the Prayer Swat Team!

1 hour ago, Mikael89 said:

Yes I have.

Sounds like a good attitude to psychedelics.

Except I don't think you can learn anything from them, it's all delusion.

I believed in all kind of nonsense during my trip, and also during high on weed.

I actually believed in the nonsense during the trip. I'm glad I came back to my senses after it, instead of believing in the delusion while being sober too, which apparently many people do.

Thanks man, I appreciate your insights.  Movies and art are delusion too, yet somehow we can learn a lot from these things.  I remember when I was studying at UCLA, I was compelled to watch all the classic films and I was kinda neurotic about this -- and this experience had a kind of profound impact on the rest of my life, even though on some level all films are rubbish.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

I think having a few psychedelic experiences is good to break open the mind and ego which in turn can open someone up to ”real” spirituality. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@Mikael89 There is one thing you can learn from psychedelics and that is how your essential nature is unaffected even when the mind is totally bonkers. 

10 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

The word intelligence is confusing to people. Most people think of intelligence as IQ or human mind stuff. That is not the Absolute Intelligence I talk about.

No, I would not equate intelligence with awakening. The wiser you are, the more likely you are to see the need to awaken. Let's put it that way.

God's Intelligence is infinite, but to you this falls on deaf ears. You must awaken to this fact.

This is where 5-MeO-DMT (or other psychedelics) can be so useful. They will help you cultivate a desire for God, Love, Truth, and Consciousness -- which will then make you really serious about this work. And then you will get massive gainz!

I mean the mind's capacity to think and hold ideas. I've noticed that many intelligent people are very identified with their mind and so they are prone to mind caused suffering so out of necessity they seek this work. But they seek it through their intelligence, which causes lots of misconceptions. I do believe that a lot of people have stumbled across it accidentally and they don't know what they know and so they can't explain it to other people. If you find or seek one out it can be very enlightening. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost