Sharp

I'm out of this " dream "

83 posts in this topic

25 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

Nevermind, I read some of Sharps previous posts now and maybe he was "God realized" before taking his flesh costume off.

This is why I didn't try and talk him out of it. It is his choice (free will) and his post history points to not necessarily being a choice made out of psychosis etc. Everyone has a path and for some people that path ends earlier than others.

@Sharp Id suggest attempting to overdose on your 5-MeO, that would give you the whole shebang but also a chance to come back! You don't wanna risk reincarnation, do you?

On 23.03.2019 at 2:18 PM, Preetom said:

All the meme and jokes aside, I think it would be great if death and suicide could be culturally re-contextualized.

Actually there is nothing wrong in the the drive for death or to commit suicide. It is one of the natural(probably the most intense) urges of the mind. Why? Well because death is the ultimate release. It is the innate intelligence in us that does everything for seeking pleasure and avoiding pain, it knows that dying will be the ultimate happiness/release.

Osho used to say that it is probably impossible to find a person who has never contemplated suicide. If a person never glimpsed the urge for his own annihilation or meaninglessness of life, he is either an animal or just plain stupid.

In any endeavor to fulfill any of our desire, we actually don't crave the object of desire. We merely crave for the release after that desire is subsided, that even, clam, self-happiness or relief.

Looking in this way, it is obvious that an urge for suicide is actually a wake up call; not something that is to be treated as taboo. It's a wake up call to wake up from the dream and be what one really is.

But there are countless stupid ways to treat this intelligent message. Killing the physical body is probably the most stupid way out of them. The urge for suicide is not the urge for annihilation of the physical body. This flesh doll is already dead. It is the urge to get relief from the hideous cancer which is the sense of being a separate self, the ultimate tyrant there is

@Preetom This post should be sticked somewhere.
My respect for you increased 10-fold.

It may have been appropriate to talk about death in the context of enlightenment in the past, but unless you have experienced it, the cultural baggage surrounding this idea will mislead you to no end. Harming the body is not a path to enlightenment. It is ignorance grounded in a belief that a mind can be liberated from flesh. Flesh is not a prison.

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

@tsuki

Thank you. Glad you found it useful.

I guess our cultural outlook will have to change MASSIVELY to incorporate the metaphysical component in daily life. Still today, depression/anxiety/existential crisis/suicidal thoughts are treated as something negative. The victims are lowkey treated as if they have somehow failed at life. People in their teens and 20s are being more and more prone to this as they usually have a fickle ego that can get so easily squashed by this unbalanced fast paced life on technology as steroid.

These metaphysical issues are still treated as something to avoid at any cost, without actually trying to find what the root issue is. 

It is still not recognized that an existential crisis or a depression is not actually a failure in life but the opening of a new door to start exploring a true life for the first time.

My haunch is World war III is going to be a psychological/metaphysical warfare. The world will learn it's lesson after massive casualties of that war.

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

1 minute ago, Preetom said:

These metaphysical issues are still treated as something to avoid at any cost, without actually trying to find what the root issue is. 

@Preetom I actually had an insight recently about how the Ego builds its cohesion in the modern world.
In a fast paced society where technology changes daily, how does one find a reference point to cling to?
The easiest route is to claim that the internal, psychological world is constant.
I'm foreseeing that this will get much worse when we'll approach the hypothetical technological singularity.

People are unwilling to look inside out of fear of what they may discover. This is scary, world-shattering stuff.
They wake up in a world where one's self-worth is determined by their ability to match their ambition with skill.
Imaginative people that are born in poverty don't have a chance of competing with the privileged ones, so naturally, the gap increases.
When you feel like you struggle every day to meet your basic needs - what is the incentive to look inside if all you can find is what shatters your world?

Who would think that this is exactly what needs to happen to release oneself from suffering?
To see that there is nobody inside? it is a tragic thing indeed that existential crises are shunned upon.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

3 minutes ago, tsuki said:

Who would think that this is exactly what needs to happen to release oneself from suffering?
To see that there is nobody inside? it is a tragic thing indeed that existential crises are shunned upon.

The day people acknowledge the truth of no-self, world culture will simply shatter into pieces.

I wish people had 6 months breaks every 5 years starting from age 12 to stop and reflect back on their life. Of course with proper guidelines and protocols :) 

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

4 minutes ago, Preetom said:

The day people acknowledge the truth of no-self, world culture will simply shatter into pieces.

Or actually mend itself back together as a coherent whole :)

Edited by Jack River

15 minutes ago, tsuki said:

@Preetom I actually had an insight recently about how the Ego builds its cohesion in the modern world.
In a fast paced society where technology changes daily, how does one find a reference point to cling to?
The easiest route is to claim that the internal, psychological world is constant.
I'm foreseeing that this will get much worse when we'll approach the hypothetical technological singularity.

People are unwilling to look inside out of fear of what they may discover. This is scary, world-shattering stuff.
They wake up in a world where one's self-worth is determined by their ability to match their ambition with skill.
Imaginative people that are born in poverty don't have a chance of competing with the privileged ones, so naturally, the gap increases.
When you feel like you struggle every day to meet your basic needs - what is the incentive to look inside if all you can find is what shatters your world?

I thank myself deeply for being on the fence and at odds with present day society.

Being deeply troubled ever since I can remember, sort of a rebel, and not telling myself that that is wrong, is the best thing I ever did. 

Edited by Jack River

5 minutes ago, Jack River said:

Or actually mend itself back together as a coherent whole :)

A world full of headless fellas :ph34r:

Could be a good sci fi novel :D 

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

9 hours ago, Jack River said:

I thank myself deeply for being on the fence and at odds with present day society.

Being deeply troubled ever since I can remember, sort of a rebel, and not telling myself that that is wrong, is the best thing I ever did. 

Amen to that.  It's taken me a long time to get to this point.

I find it curious you all are just chatting away, talking about yourselves, when the man who started this thread is now dead, and none of you could care less. Sorry to interrupt, please go on talking about yourselves. 

8 minutes ago, Jed Vassallo said:

I find it curious you all are just chatting away, talking about yourselves, when the man who started this thread is now dead, and none of you could care less. Sorry to interrupt, please go on talking about yourselves. 

Yeah nobody cares dude. We are not responsible for your feelings. The responsibility has to be left up to the individual. It’s the only way. It’s a doggy dog world out here. Nobody means no disrespect unless you assume it to be so ?

Edited by DrewNows

3 hours ago, Jed Vassallo said:

I have no problem with the idea of people talking about such things over my coffin.
Why don't we mourn over all the poor people that die every second?
Because @Sharp was one of us and he deserves a special treatment?

I loved him like I love everybody else.
The tears we shed over other people's deaths are how we release ourselves of attachments.
The devil says they are tears of sadness, but in reality - they are tears of beauty.

If it was a conscious decision, I salute him.

Edited by tsuki

6 hours ago, Mikael89 said:

Sharp is right Here.

Hi ?

That's how dead He (I) can get. The suicide didn't exactly work. Do I seem dead?

Life is still happening.

What a bullshit post. God.

@Mikael89 We don’t know for sure what happened to him, yet mocking someone’s suicide is over the line. Please tone it down,

On 27/03/2019 at 5:26 AM, Jed Vassallo said:

I think those alive have it worse. I wish for the end of the world on a regular basis. I am just too pussy to end it myself, afraid of the pain

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

4 hours ago, Dodo said:

I think those alive have it worse. I wish for the end of the world on a regular basis. I am just too pussy to end it myself, afraid of the pain

We are all suffering and feel pain. We all want relief.  Suicide can seem like the least worst option. And we get to seize back control and self esteem by being able to choose when and how we go. But even a life of suffering is really amazing and precious and it's okay just to carry on and grow and mature and learn how to escape the suffering in the end. Maybe you get to live and not suffer?

All stories and explanations are false.