winterknight

I am enlightened. Sincere seekers: ask me anything

4,433 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, Strikr said:

would you recommand some books ?

Yes. The Bhagavad Gita, Talks with Sri Ramana Maharshi, Yoga Vasistha.

6 minutes ago, Victor Mgazi said:

@winterknight

What would it mean to you if a master, perhaps your favorite teacher, told you that you've not truly experienced enlightenment? 

PS: Not looking for a nondual type of answer, but a genuine one. 

I would hear them out and ask them why they think that and what they mean by enlightenment.

Edited by winterknight

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

Who would have thought that people can have so much to say about something that they believe doesn't exist. It's the spiritual journey equivalent of mime.

27 minutes ago, Annoynymous said:

@winterknight what is self inquiry?  How does it work?

Are you actually reading my replies and thinking about them? I don't see deep responses to any of the previous answers I've given or questions I've asked you.

Answers are useless unless you think about and digest them properly.

This is the path generally, this is self-inquiry.

Edited by winterknight

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

2 hours ago, cetus56 said:

@WindInTheLeaf His aim is both true and powerful as his answers deeply penetrate the bulls eye of the question.

*I'm going to ask you to please refrain from challenging the OP's way of teaching whether you agree with it or not. It is a distraction for those who are willing to learn from him. Thanks

From where you stand that might be so, but you were not the one to ask the question so how are you to be the judge of that? 

The unchallenged master is no master at all. I merely asked some questions to he who claims to see all paths up the mountain. I did not expect some answer that would blow my mind, just what would seem like an honest inquiry into a very fundamental challenge of preaching the way he does. Sure it might be a distraction for those who might learn something from him, but blindly following self-proclaimed gurus and believing in apparent truths (those that make sense to the mind but not the heart) is perhaps the biggest trap there is. 

From where you are, he makes a lot of sense. Of course, you are a moderator of a self-inquiry forum centered around the teachings of Leo. But to tell those who are not just blindly following the advice of some enlightenment-idol on their screen, but challenging who may as well be causing more confusion rather than undoing it (not much separates truth from illusion), makes me question whether this forum is a sort of cult rather than a place of genuine exploration of Self. 

Of course you could argue that it is all just one big movement and it happens when it happens regardless of what is said and done, but this is a misconception about non-duality. It is like if all 'realized' no-self and the lack of free will or whatever we may call it and just were like 'oh well, nothing really matters so I have no responsibility for anything, I can do whatever I want!', the world would quickly fall apart. Just because all is one it is still two, and these two are in a sort of eternal game of hide and seek. If all these ideas are feeding the part of the one that is illusion, then in his attempt to provide guidance he is actually causing more confusion and prolonging the way back to center, stillness, nothingness. 

18 minutes ago, winterknight said:

Are you actually reading my replies and thinking about them? I don't see deep responses to any of the previous answers I've given or questions I've asked you.

I am sorry. Actually i couldn't really grasp the thing self inquiry.  When ever i try to ask 'who am i' answers come from my mind  like what a disgusting question it is  and starts judging it negetively. I can't progress any further.

And from now on i will try more to contemplate your answer deeply. My apology.  

32 minutes ago, Annoynymous said:

I am sorry. Actually i couldn't really grasp the thing self inquiry.  When ever i try to ask 'who am i' answers come from my mind  like what a disgusting question it is  and starts judging it negetively. I can't progress any further.

Yes, this kind of problem is exactly why I recommend therapy.

If self-inquiry is too difficult for you now, you can also try breathing exercises and chanting “Om” 64 times a day. These may help calm the mind. If you like the idea of praying, that can also be helpful. 

Later when you are ready you can come back to inquiry. 

@winterknight i dont believe my country's phychologist that much. I live in Bangladesh and its a third world country. They usually dont go very deep and heavily reliant on medication.

1 hour ago, winterknight said:

so many of those enligtened masters like Ramana Maharshi or Karmapas or whatever do not care about their bodies, then die of cancer and the only justification of that is that "body is not importnant". This is total bullshit, because Self materializes itself as what is perceived, without that Self is just useless half of the bank note. And their students believe that because it is so beautifull concept of enlightement. 

9 hours ago, Emanyalpsid said:

Yep you are right, but nobody really cares, cause here is someone who says he is enlightened. And he has answers to questions, so they will just believe him. It is a pity, but the desire to reach enlightenment and ask someone who says he is, is greater then a focus on self-inquiry. That is why they will never reach it, but they are in the illusion they are coming closer to the truth. :)

He is a non-dualist, not enlightened as a Buddhist like Thich Nhat Hanh or any other buddhist.

But on this forum they are all looking for non-duality, it is what Leo preaches.

So they don't really read our posts, our want to listen to what we say. My advice, put your energy in self-inquiry and let the gullible ask questions to the priest. If they believe hard enough they are there, they will feel enlightened.

Can't really prevent such a movement, nor should you want too. Gullible people will always listen to people who are a bit more knowledgeable. If you want the world to be different then it is, you are going to suffer.

As long as there are preachers, idols and false ideals, there has to be anti-preachers, destroyers of idols and false ideals. I quite enjoy playing the devil's advocate when it is necessary. If no one rips at the foundation of one's beliefs once in a while, there is no saying how twisted ones tower of knowledge might become before it collapses on itself.

@winterknight

Can you suggest how to nurture an intense desire for Enlightenment?

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

2 hours ago, bigzbigi said:

so many of those enligtened masters like Ramana Maharshi or Karmapas or whatever do not care about their bodies, then die of cancer and the only justification of that is that "body is not importnant". This is total bullshit, because Self materializes itself as what is perceived, without that Self is just useless half of the bank note. And their students believe that because it is so beautifull concept of enlightement. 

we will see which will, will be ego triggered

Edited by Strikr

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sbw__MsJZ0

We know nothing, and even, I m not sure. a.V.e

Those of you struggling with self-inquiry: it's almost impossible to do self-inquiry with a crazy monkey mind. You must first calm the mind down. For many people this could takes several years of meditation, as it did for me. Unless your mind is still and capable of extended periods of focus, self-inquiry will likely not work for you.

Kriya yoga is very effective at mechanically silencing the monkey mind. Then you can do powerful inquiry.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

47 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Those of you struggling with self-inquiry: it's almost impossible to do self-inquiry with a crazy monkey mind. You must first calm the mind down. For many people this could takes several years of meditation, as it did for me. Unless your mind is still and capable of extended periods of focus, self-inquiry will likely not work for you.

Kriya yoga is very effective at mechanically silencing the monkey mind. Then you can do powerful inquiry.

I will think about it. I just do inquiry every now and then at the moment. But I've actually used self-inquiry to stop thought. It's like you neurofeedback on your own to stop thought. No thought is feedback.

Just a side note for anyone who may be a newbie to self inquiry:

Self inquiry isn't just a formal sit-down meditation. Anytime a thought or memory arises throughout the day is an opportunity to practice self inquiry. That's at least 10,000 times a day or more for most ppl. Whenever a thought arises ask: Who is having this thought/memory/experiance?

2 hours ago, cetus56 said:

Whenever a thought arises ask: Who is having this thought/memory/experiance?

I just don't understand the point in doing it when you already have seen that the answer is no one. Is it just to solidify this in subconscious or is there really some secret answer we are supposed to find? 

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

8 minutes ago, seeking_brilliance said:

I just don't understand the point in doing it when you already have seen that the answer is no one.

@seeking_brilliance If you've seen that then your not a newbie.

8 minutes ago, seeking_brilliance said:

Is it just to solidify this in subconscious or is there really some secret answer we are supposed to find? 

No hidden secret. Just the the disappearance of the "I Am"

@winterknight what is permanent? what is satisfactory?

"Teach thy tongue to say 'I do not know', and thou shalt progress." - Maimonides