winterknight

I am enlightened. Sincere seekers: ask me anything

4,433 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, winterknight said:

Sure, it does, if you accept the existence of the mind, which I admit for the sake of seekers. But the mind doesn’t really exist.

Ok. Does curiosity and learning exist?

it seems like you are guiding seekers from the relative to the absolute.

4 minutes ago, Annoynymous said:

@winterknight why mind works? What is it trying to do? Why it is trying to do?

Mind works because of karma. It is trying to fulfill desires, desires which are based on its identity -- that is, its idea of itself.

4 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

Sure they do -- again, in the relative context.

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

@winterknight is it correct to say that while energetically associated with body/mind - the thoughts which i have in my mind reflect my current understanding of the knowledge/mechanism of reality?

it's almost as if the higher self is what is doing the learning and moving "closer and closer" to recognizing it's own true infinite/unbound nature 

as it moves closer to that path and becomes more aware, the thoughts which i have in my mind are again reflective of that new level of understanding of the higher self

and finally upon full realization, those thoughts either subside fully or only appear when required but are then entirely reflective of the true knowledge / point of view of the higher self.

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

14 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

More of an intellectual guiding, which is relative. With a holistic understanding of “the relative” as a veil/lens, then all that comes to an end.

So the “absolute” remains in the form of complete silence/emptiness/ “mind” with no”thing” in it. 

Edited by Jack River

@winterknight another question

i have recently been interested in and sort of understood the free will / illusion of free will

it seems, according to that, that whatever happens must happen and was destined to happen

sure i can change how my life pans out my having a thought about say starting a business or acting on it

but again, having that thought come up in my mind about starting a business was out of MY control

choosing whether to pursue it or not was out of MY control

and so on... in that way

this also applies to teachings/spirituality then, does it not?

actually, better to say, it applies to everything, but i am singling out spirituality to understand it's effect on it.

the fact that in a depression, the one who is in that state, is identifying with that state because that's just WHAT IS HAPPENING

the moment he has a thought or realization while allows him to see thru it or even dwell further into the depress, agian, that's just WHAT IS HAPPENING

even this here now, 'me' trying to understand this by asking you this, that's just what's happening

so in a way, sure with the illusion of free will, one can take control of their life and steer it accordingly

but bundled together with the fact that i am not controlling what i appear to be controlling... for me it seems to just collapse somewhere there...

in other words, whatever paths we all go on to find liberation, are in a way already "structure" created and whatever must happen, will play out... 

i also feel that the ablity to be able to see thru a certain negative thought in the moment is only realized if that is what was supposed to happen since choosing or having the thought about wanting to see thru or inquire into the nature of that thought , was out of MY control

i seem to conclude on my own usually as i am doing so here. and it would appear that sure, it does happen this way, on its own. but in that happening, once traction is gained, the realization must be "close" because the ablity to be able to detach out of emotion or a feeling is readily available compared to before where you just dive deeper into that thought...

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

13 minutes ago, SoonHei said:

@winterknight is it correct to say that while energetically associated with body/mind - the thoughts which i have in my mind reflect my current understanding of the knowledge/mechanism of reality?

it's almost as if the higher self is what is doing the learning and moving "closer and closer" to recognizing it's own true infinite/unbound nature 

as it moves closer to that path and becomes more aware, the thoughts which i have in my mind are again reflective of that new level of understanding of the higher self

and finally upon full realization, those thoughts either subside fully or only appear when required but are then entirely reflective of the true knowledge / point of view of the higher self.

The higher self already knows its nature, actually. The mind is simply slowly undoing its own ignorance. The sunlight (higher self) has already been there. You are simply slowly opening the blinds.

4 minutes ago, SoonHei said:

@winterknight another question

i have recently been interested in and sort of understood the free will / illusion of free will

it seems, according to that, that whatever happens must happen and was destined to happen

sure i can change how my life pans out my having a thought about say starting a business or acting on it

but again, having that thought come up in my mind about starting a business was out of MY control

choosing whether to pursue it or not was out of MY control

and so on... in that way

this also applies to teachings/spirituality then, does it not?

actually, better to say, it applies to everything, but i am singling out spirituality to understand it's effect on it

Yes. So if you realize this, best to ask then -- "If all of this is out of my control, who am I really?" That is self-inquiry. Or else to simply relax and let it all happen. That's surrender.

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

24 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

There is the learning of accumulation/recording knowledge/experience(thought) and there is the learning of NO psychological recording

All learning of recording/accumulated knowledge/experience(thought) is relative..

Can we say the learning without the “psychological” recording is relative? 

Edited by Jack River

1 hour ago, winterknight said:

Or else to simply relax and let it all happen. That's surrender.

That can appear as both scary and liberating to an ego. A push-pull dynamic. 

1 minute ago, Serotoninluv said:

Ego/self moves positively or negatively. Without that dynamic, the role of ego becomes threatened. The ego feeds off its own continuity (moving positively-negatively) to maintain its own continuity. 

Mind the Gap!

If mind doesn't exist, that would make the person a weed. Or Pothead perhaps.

You mention how you were always that which you sought, that you were always at the 'top of the mountain'. On the way to this realization of there being nothing to realize, what caused you the most confusion and what helped you the most?

2 hours ago, SoonHei said:

@winterknight  thank you. your one-liners are very powerful and encompass vast wisdom. 

You're welcome.

1 hour ago, SoonHei said:

@winterknight this is a tangent... but how do you explain / understand what Deja Vu is?

There are many theories. Science says it's "source amnesia" -- you were in a similar situation but don't remember it. Eastern religions say it's some karmic connection.

From the enlightenment standpoint, it is a reminder that there is a deep mystery in yourself. You've been here before, because you are beyond time and space...

54 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

Yup...

39 minutes ago, Strikr said:

tell me something about me, I don't know, but you do know.

You're not here

2 minutes ago, WindInTheLeaf said:

You mention how you were always that which you sought, that you were always at the 'top of the mountain'. On the way to this realization of there being nothing to realize, what caused you the most confusion and what helped you the most?

What caused me the most confusion is not realizing the importance of psychology and the fact that each person's path is ultimately quite personal. Without being honest about what we want we cannot get anywhere.

So what helped me the most was realizing that and trying to become honest about my desires through a combination of therapy, expressive writing about my emotions, and trying things in the world and observing my feelings, and then admitting more and more to myself what I really wanted.

1 minute ago, Strikr said:

- do you really believe you can guide people and give "sincere answers" or are you deluding yourself ?

I do believe that. Do you actually want guidance, or do you just want to ask more questions like this?

10 minutes ago, winterknight said:

What caused me the most confusion is not realizing the importance of psychology and the fact that each person's path is ultimately quite personal. Without being honest about what we want we cannot get anywhere.

So what helped me the most was realizing that and trying to become honest about my desires through a combination of therapy, expressive writing about my emotions, and trying things in the world and observing my feelings, and then admitting more and more to myself what I really wanted.

If each person's path is ultimately quite personal, and a lack of honesty keeps us going in circles, why do you put upon yourself the label of enlightenment and hand out advice to those that lack the honesty to ask the right questions and the vision to see the wrong answers? Furthermore, could it be that you, on your personal path, found great use in things that are of no use to those of a different path? Could your greatest tool be someone else's greatest obstacle?