winterknight

I am enlightened. Sincere seekers: ask me anything

4,433 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, winterknight said:

Yes, this is nicely put. I relate.

Excellent?

This is very recent for me. Its great to finally live. 

7 minutes ago, Jack River said:

To me it’s more than a knowing/seeing that I don’t exsist. But an actual experiencing free of accumulated experience/knowledge. 

Yes, I ‘ve encountered this too. Well said.

It’s a deep liberation

Just now, Serotoninluv said:

Yes, I ‘ve encountered this too. Well said 

Excellent :)

14 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

@winterknight You seem to have an interesting path toward awakening. What teacher / teachings would you recommend to a seeker entering such this path?

Ramana Maharshi's approach, most certainly. Talks with Sri Ramana Maharshi is a wonderful thing. But to understand that, I'd recommend reading as background other advaita texts like the Bhagavad Gita and Yoga Vasistha

I'd also recommend looking into your psychology. That's where 90% or more of the work usually is -- figuring out psychological obstacles. I highly recommend getting psychodynamic psychotherapy -- or even psychoanalysis if you're willing to spare the time. If you want a good analyst, PM me and I will help you find one. A good analyst is a great guru to have.

Finding an expressive medium like writing or drawing and being able to express your emotions accurately and originally can be a critically useful instrument as well in understanding yourself and quieting the mind. Reading good literature and being acquainted with culture generally helps a lot with this.

Finally, the game is actually first and foremost figuring out your own desire. Therapy, expressive art, and everything else has to be oriented around that. And it is your own desire that will lead you to the Truth.

Edit: I'll also add in The Zen Teaching of Bodhidharma. Beautiful.

Edited by winterknight

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

@winterknight That’s beautiful. Thank you for answering so many questions and offering new areas to explore. I hope you re-visit.

@winterknight Clearly avoids me, LOL. He doesn't want to be debunked just yet, hihihihihihihi...

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

@winterknight Good work. Sounds like you made it.

Have you had the following realizations:

• What is God?
  • Absolute Infinity
  • Infinite Love
  • What is another?
  • Infinite Intelligence
  • Nirvana

These facets can be part of an enlightenment, or not.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

14 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@winterknight Good work. Sounds like you made it.

Have you had the following realizations:

• What is God?
  • Absolute Infinity
  • Infinite Love
  • What is another?
  • Infinite Intelligence
  • Nirvana

These facets can be part of an enlightenment, or not.

Well, different people and different traditions have different conceptions about what it means to be enlightened, what realization means, and how to put it all into language. Certainly there have been "non-duality wars," as your sticky post puts it, fought for centuries between Buddhism and Hinduism, and within Buddhism and Hinduism, for instance, on these topics.

At the moment, at least, my mind prefers to say that that there is a single realization worthy of the name, and everything else may be cool, fascinating, and beautiful, but it is in the realm of illusion.

So for example, I would actually have my own understanding of the terms you mention above. I don't know if I would be using those terms in the way that you would use them, but as far as I'm concerned they all wrap up into the One Realization. God is the Self. Absolute Infinity is the Self. Infinite Love is the Self. There are no others besides the Self. Infinite Intelligence and Nirvana are the Self.

Edited by winterknight

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

12 minutes ago, pluto said:

@Hellspeed Quanty The Spiritual Ego BOSS!

Keep believing that :)))))

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

9 minutes ago, winterknight said:

So for example, I would actually have my own understanding of the terms you mention above. I don't know if I would be using those terms in the way that you would use them, but as far as I'm concerned they all wrap up into the One Realization. God is the Self. Absolute Infinity is the Self. Infinite Love is the Self. There are no others besides the Self. Infinite Intelligence and Nirvana are the Self.

Of course

Have you noticed your crown chakra open? Any kundalini-like energetic shifts?

Just now, Leo Gura said:

Of course

Have you noticed your crown chakra open? Any kundalini-like energetic shifts?

Heh. Well, I don't usually think in terms of kundalini or energetic shifts much... That said, I will say that -- and this has diminished somewhat, but I still get it from time to time -- the "nadis" get excited. I feel this sort of delicious sweet ache in my joints and especially my gums. 

@winterknight Interesting

And how many Rolls Royces have you managed to accumulate? 

6 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@winterknight Interesting

And how many Rolls Royces have you managed to accumulate? 

Haha, I wish. I'm no charismatic Oregonian. I have been spectacularly un-enlightened about translating my knowledge into money or even just audience, sadly. I've tried a bit, but I think my heart may just not be in it for whatever reason. It seems to be too much effort to get the few actually sincere seekers to believe I am what I say I am and also be willing to pay for services. I dunno... probably something in my own psychology is to blame.

Edited by winterknight

58 minutes ago, winterknight said:

Finally, the game is actually first and foremost figuring out your own desire.

What if what one seemingly wants probably won't happen and that creates suffering. How do you get to the root of that desire and truly resolve it ?

3 minutes ago, wavydude said:

What if what one seemingly wants probably won't happen and that creates suffering. How do you get to the root of that desire and truly resolve it ?

That desire which you cannot fulfill means something beyond the obvious thing that you cannot get. That's the reason it keeps pulsing. It's a message. It's your task to uncover that message. The main ways are as I laid out above: psychodynamic/psychoanalytic therapy; expressive writing/drawing/art which attempts to capture the nuances of your experience (it's also a magical way to transform suffering into something gorgeous); and acquainting yourself with the great thinkers and artists of the past. Consider yourself on a mission. You've been given this powerful clue, this desire that you cannot quench. You are looking for what it actually is... it's a piece of a treasure map. Now hunt down the rest. 

For example, if it's unrequited love that's bothering you, go to therapy and understand your early familial relationships and how that might play into the love patterns you're experiencing; write or draw about the depths and specifics of that love and learn more about your very specific feelings; read all about love from novelists and philosophers and watch movies about it... learn all you can. Try to penetrate into its mysteries. That's the way.

How much importance should one place on achieving enlightenment?  

Just now, exhale said:

How much importance should one place on achieving enlightenment?  

It's really not a question of how much you "should" place on it, but how much you do. If you want the Truth badly, that's when you'll get it.

If you don't want it that badly, I highly advise that you go after what you actually do want. That will get you to the Truth faster than pretending that you want it now when you really don't.

And if you want the Truth just a little, pursue it... just a little. The key is to be honest to your feelings, and not try to psych yourself into wanting something, even enlightenment, because you "should."

That said, of course enlightenment is the supreme goal. If you want Truth badly, then strive after enlightenment with every moment and muscle.

I have always been open to (though skeptical) that non-duality is the absolute truth of reality.  How can I understand that it isn't just a concept, and is in fact, reality.