winterknight

I am enlightened. Sincere seekers: ask me anything

4,433 posts in this topic

Just now, winterknight said:

Why do you think you are thinking that way?

I don't know. I even don't know who is thinking. And why is thinking. But this gives me pain. I am the victim of thinking. I don't even know who 'I' am. But i experience pain and suffering which i hate. 

@winterknight who was the first self enquiry teacher? Was it Ramana Maharshi?

Edited by Salvijus

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

38 minutes ago, Annoynymous said:

I don't know. I even don't know who is thinking. And why is thinking. But this gives me pain. I am the victim of thinking. I don't even know who 'I' am. But i experience pain and suffering which i hate. 

So are you trying the steps that I've suggested many times? And if so, which ones? And if not -- it's ok -- but why not?

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

20 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

@winterknight who was the first self enquiry teacher? Was it Ramana Maharshi?

Ramana Maharshi's self-inquiry is just the newest name for that process of looking inward that started at least thousands of years ago, and perhaps even earlier, who knows...  there is no answer, because the real first teacher of self-inquiry is God, if anyone.

Edited by winterknight

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

1 hour ago, winterknight said:

Why would they be obstacles? Whatever commands the mind to look within when it will, commands it to look without first.

You cannot find the truth in the place you expect it to be, of course. That's why it's called inquiry. Inquiry leads you to the place you do not recognize because it's so obvious.

If there is a seeker, there is a benefit, because good ideas are required for the mind to kill the bad ideas.  When good ideas kill bad ideas, the mind eventually will be able to hop beyond ideas entirely. That's what the use of this thread is.

But of course all that is said for seekers. When the seeker becomes a finder, it will turn out there was no seeker.

As part of the seekers without they may be what keeps attention away from within. If any answer you give is disturbed by the minds of whoever listens, reinterpreted in the light of whatever beliefs they may already hold about themselves, reality and what it means to be enlightened, will any answer you give not be the wrong answer? Is it not better to listen and ask the right questions? 

1 minute ago, WindInTheLeaf said:

As part of the seekers without they may be what keeps attention away from within. If any answer you give is disturbed by the minds of whoever listens, reinterpreted in the light of whatever beliefs they may already hold about themselves, reality and what it means to be enlightened, will any answer you give not be the wrong answer? Is it not better to listen and ask the right questions? 

Are not questions words? All words are distortions, both right and wrong. There is a dialectic that moves the seeker across the conversation to the truth. For mature minds silence is teaching enough. Everyone else needs words and ideas.

You might learn more about Zen, however. Its style might be more to your taste.

9 minutes ago, Pookie said:

why am i sad? I don't know why I'm sad. I think what you are saying makes sense. 

________ Consulting Co

_____________, Abu Dhabi

United Arab Emirates

20th November 2018

This explains why I am drawn to the internship program

Answer:

It does not matter.

I do not know.

I want a friend.  I’m tired of being fallen on deaf ears. When I hear people speak, their message doesn’t align with their energy. When I speak, I sense confusion, silence, insecurity. I feel like I am being pulled by different forces. Time has never felt slower than before. Memory has never been more unreliable. All this confused energy, I feel like it is going to something familiar, something ive experienced before. I felt like I did let go, when all opposing energies were forming into one new feeling..and I know for a fact that fear was the catalyst. I couldn’t believe it with my eyes how unconsciously people were behsaving, how misaligned and confused they were. I didn’t understand…I was scared…I didn’t know about actualized at the time…to explain it to me. My parents certainly didn’t know what was happening.  Im hopeless I don’t know why im not being heard. Nobody in my life has ever given me such practical advicee like “always do the emotional defiicul t thing  OR JUST FOLLOW YOUR HEART.  Or just follow your heart. I have never felt more truer in my life. I just don’t want that feeling again again. This resulted in a mental breakdown and a hospitalization. I haven’t been taking your advice to seek a therapist. Ive only been reaching out to people I know. Finally telling them the truth and freeing myself.what is sadness?

You sound like you are in a lot of pain.

If you do not get a good therapist to help you deal with these issues, it will be difficult for you to proceed with the spiritual search.

I recommend that, immediately.

Just now, Pookie said:

Oh and journaling! :-). That has worked so many wonders for me. Ive only been doing it for such a short time, but it literally feels like forever. Thank you Leo for constantly reminding me to continue these habits. Thank you winterknight for making me realize I am not alone. 

Wonderful, glad to hear it. You are indeed not alone.

The right questions as in the questions that leads to the end of questions. All answers lie within, do they not? So anything resembling an answer without is clouded by the appearance of separation. You provide some answer on a computer screen but how can this ever be anything but the cause of confusion? No matter how well put your answers may be, they, as part of 'illusion', keeps the wheel spinning. And what if you suddenly reached a peak beyond the peak, beyond any notion of a mountain, and saw that you didnt really know what you thought you knew? And that you, both the part of you that were preaching and the part of you that were seeking went in circles at the edge of the cave listening to echoes of your own voice?

@winterknight Thank you again for your work here and answers. I think I had an insight and I'd like to share it. Basically I have given up my search for enlightenment, even thought about boxing all my books about the subject. I could not stand it anymore, all the effort, the frustration of not getting any progress, the desire of getting somewhere, the dissatisfaction with my overactive mind etc.

I decided to end the suffering because that is what it was for me. I decided to be myself and enjoy life. I also decided that the only thing I would do until the new year is to quiet my mind, but not to achieve enlightemnet, oh no, I even started to hate the notion, I threw it out the window already. I just wanted not get so identified with thoughts and suffer. I also wanted to cultivate more present moment awareness. I decided not even to do self inquiry. It required effort and it began to stress me. Funny thing, I immediately felt the pressure and burden fall off my shoulders. I just sat as I usually did, but I no longer did it to achieve enlightenment. I sort of did it for myself. 

I even saw it as a game, each time I remembered to be present I sort of chuckled to myself that the ball is in my field and imma run with it as long as I can. Then as time went by I started to let go more of my desires, worries, fears, whatever came, and relaxed more and more into the present moment. I no longer had to achieve anything, do anything, get anywhere, I was just doing it for myself, being myself, enjoying the moment for no reason. I know it's all obvious and might even sound stupid but while doing so, my mind got so relaxed that I realized the core of my being is just that: pure being in a way it cannot be described in words. Just simple being. It's extremely obvious but when the attention is on the mind you sort of cannot see it. 

Also I understood what surrender is and it's so sweet actually.  

I will continue on this route, whatever happens, happens... 

Edited by Evelyn

3 minutes ago, Evelyn said:

@winterknight Thank you again for your work here and answers. I think I had an insight and I'd like to share it. Basically I have given up my search for enlightenment, even thought about boxing all my books about the subject. I could not stand it anymore, all the effort, the frustration of not getting any progress, the desire of getting somewhere, the dissatisfaction with my overactive mind etc.

I decided to end the suffering because that is what it was for me. I decided to be myself and enjoy life. I also decided that the only thing I would do until the new year is to quiet my mind, but not to achieve enlightemnet, oh no, I even started to hate the notion, I threw it out the window already. I just wanted not get so identified with thoughts and suffer. I also wanted to cultivate more present moment awareness. I decided not even to do self inquiry. It required effort and it began to stress me. Funny thing, I immediately felt the pressure and burden fall off my shoulders. I just sat as I usually did, but I no longer did it to achieve enlightenment. I sort of did it for myself. 

I even saw it as a game, each time I remembered to be present I sort of chuckled to myself that the ball is in my field and imma run with it as long as I can. Then as time went by I started to let go more of my desires, worries, fears, whatever came, and relaxed more and more into the present moment. I no longer had to achieve anything, do anything, get anywhere, I was just doing it for myself, being myself, enjoying the moment for no reason. I know it's all obvious and might even sound stupid but while doing so, my mind got so relaxed that I realized the core of my being is just that pure being in a way it cannot be described in words. Just simple being. It's extremely obvious but when the attention is on the mind you sort of cannot see it. 

Also I understood what surrender is and it's so sweet actually.  

I will continue on this route, whatever happens, happens... 

Beautiful. "Simple being" and "surrender" -- yes, that's just so... you've touched something deep.

8 minutes ago, WindInTheLeaf said:

The right questions as in the questions that leads to the end of questions. All answers lie within, do they not? So anything resembling an answer without is clouded by the appearance of separation. You provide some answer on a computer screen but how can this ever be anything but the cause of confusion? No matter how well put your answers may be, they, as part of 'illusion', keeps the wheel spinning. And what if you suddenly reached a peak beyond the peak, beyond any notion of a mountain, and saw that you didnt really know what you thought you knew? And that you, both the part of you that were preaching and the part of you that were seeking went in circles at the edge of the cave listening to echoes of your own voice?

It seems to be very important to you that I accept your critique... why is that? Have you asked yourself that question?

10 minutes ago, winterknight said:

It seems to be very important to you that I accept your critique... why is that? Have you asked yourself that question?

I don't want you to accept it. I merely provide a question for those who may listen. Why are you avoiding it?

Just now, WindInTheLeaf said:

I don't want you to accept it. I merely provide a question for those who may listen. Why are you avoiding it?

Yes, I've already listened -- not avoided it -- and disagreed with you. That's what you don't seem willing to accept.

52 minutes ago, winterknight said:

Are not questions words? All words are distortions, both right and wrong. There is a dialectic that moves the seeker across the conversation to the truth. For mature minds silence is teaching enough. Everyone else needs words and ideas.

Questions are seeds of answers. Provide the right questions and the right answers will sprout. 

2 minutes ago, winterknight said:

Yes, I've already listened -- not avoided it -- and disagreed with you. That's what you don't seem willing to accept.

Well, looking back at your answers they seem like no answers at all. Perhaps my question has not been clear?

2 minutes ago, WindInTheLeaf said:

Well, looking back at your answers they seem like no answers at all. Perhaps my question has not been clear?

No, to me both your question and my answer were clear enough. Going any further is unfruitful. Thanks for your thoughts.

18 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

@winterknight Your answers excede the question asked. That's a rare gift.

If an arrow exceeds its target what is there to say about the aim? With great power comes great responsibility. 

how does your physical body feel now? some people call it "Having a natural high..." is that true? :)