winterknight

I am enlightened. Sincere seekers: ask me anything

4,433 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, winterknight said:

Ask yourself who the "I" is who is looking for truth.

So look within? I seem to be troubled by all these things I am drawn to, that keeps me searching for truth out there instead of within. The more something shines the more I believe it to be gold, and the more i believe something to be gold the more I hold on to it. If I am to look within for the truth, why are you feeding my 'without' with shiny ideas? 

17 minutes ago, Etherial Cat said:

I was under that impression too.  :)

Tell me, I have another question for you.

How do we balance concretely our self-preservation and our love for others?

There's no simple answer to that question. At a practical level, it's about being in touch with your emotions, needs, and desires, first of all -- being honest about that. That is a discovery process that takes paying attention to your feelings without judgment, and seeing how they change when you do different things in the world. Therapy and expressive writing/art can help a lot with this too. 

Then you try to communicate these to the other person in a gentle, nonjudgmental way, and try to listen to their needs and feelings. This is a process that benefits you both, and will hopefully lead to a situation where you can both self-preserve and help others.

But ultimately the only answer to this question is to ask who is the self that needs to be preserved? And that will tell you who these others are too.

16 minutes ago, martins name said:

@winterknight was my experience an enlightenment experience or is that something else?

also big thanks for your answers. very illuminating. 

If I understand you correctly and it was a peaceful state you could maintain with your eyes open, then yes, it was an experience of your true self, yes. That actually is enlightenment, only you don't realize it, because your mind keeps drawing you back to your normal identity.

Because of that, what is actually enlightenment seems just like a "glimpse."

If you kept revisiting that glimpse over and over again, eventually something would 'click' and you would realize that the glimpse is simply who you are all the time, and that there is no way of leaving it.

16 minutes ago, Pookie said:

@winterknightI don't know if today is a dark age of consciousness. I do know that I am afraid what the answer might be

Today is a dark age of consciousness only if your consciousness is ignorant of its true nature. Who is asking this question? Meditate on that.

11 minutes ago, captainamerica said:

@winterknight Sir, You are very far ahead on this path and have a lot of knowledge and wisdom.

Any chance you know about a genuine kriya yogi who can give me shaktipath? 

I have a scientist friend who has a list of popular and influential 150 kriya yoga teachers in USA, Europe, and India, and unfortunately none of them had an activated kundalini (he tested them with an EEG machine which shows active waking delta brainwave patterns in the people who have an activated kundalini )

From what I have read I believe that permanent enlightenment is not possible without kundalini.

Please correct me if I am wrong :-)

You don't really need kundalini activation. Some people can find it useful, but it is not necessary. The truth is that you don't need someone else to give you shaktipat. The true shaktipat comes from inside you. 

All you need to do is educate yourself, calm your mind by being honest about what you want, and intensely inquire into who you are. Or else completely surrender and relax the mind -- accepting whatever comes, no matter what it is. Though this is actually harder than inquiry.

10 minutes ago, Annoynymous said:

@winterknight what do i do with my unconscious emotions and desire? I mean how can i improve my life by knowing those? 

You admit them to yourself without judging them as bad or evil. That itself is a big step that will help calm your mind.

Edited by winterknight

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

Just now, WindInTheLeaf said:

So look within? I seem to be troubled by all these things I am drawn to, that keeps me searching for truth out there instead of within. The more something shines the more I believe it to be gold, and the more i believe something to be gold the more I hold on to it. If I am to look within for the truth, why are you feeding my 'without' with shiny ideas? 

There are those who need the "shiny ideas" "without" first in order to look "within." It sounds like that may be your situation.

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

1 minute ago, winterknight said:

All you need to do is educate yourself, calm your mind by being honest about what you want, and intensely inquire into who you are. Or else completely surrender and relax the mind -- accepting whatever comes, no matter what it is. Though this is actually harder than inquiry.

You divide very harshly between surrender and self-inquiry. Can there be honest self-inquiry without surrender? Lasting surrender without self-inquiry? Are they not two sides of a coin rather than two separate roads? Surrender done without self-inquiry is very unstable and oftentimes leads you to run your head against the same wall as you did not inquire upon what lead you to it the last time. Self-inquiry, if done from a dishonest position of no-surrender, leads you to self-inquire upon things that keeps the ego going instead of what will bring about its downfall. In my experience neither is worth the energy spend if done with the back turned against the other. And as such the most dedicated to self-inquiry would be wise to surrender.

I still have an other question. And this one is still a Mistery for me. How can you tell somthing that can not be told ? May be by not telling IT ?

12 minutes ago, winterknight said:

There are those who need the "shiny ideas" "without" first in order to look "within." It sounds like that may be your situation.

Of course. Those who are as of yet not even looking, not even aware of the fact that there is more to be aware of, may find use in shiny ideas to point them towards the path. But for those who are on the path, those shiny ideas are what keeps them from turning their eye inward. You see? 

3 minutes ago, Alexander777 said:

I still have an other question. And this one is still a Mistery for me. How can you tell somthing that can not be told ? May be by not telling IT ?

Yes, that's one way -- silence. The other is by trying to tell it indirectly.

2 minutes ago, Annoynymous said:

@winterknight Is it important and useful to give those up?

Not give them up exactly, but understand and examine those patterns. It takes time and effort.

1 minute ago, WindInTheLeaf said:

Of course. Those who are as of yet not even looking, not even aware of the fact that there is more to be aware of, may find use in shiny ideas to point them towards the path. But for those who are on the path, those shiny ideas are what keeps them from turning their eye inward. You see? 

No, those who are ready to turn inwards will do so, shiny ideas or not.

@winterknight what will i learn by examing those pattern? And why is it necessary to do that? 

Edited by Annoynymous

3 minutes ago, winterknight said:

No, those who are ready to turn inwards will do so, shiny ideas or not.

Do they choose to turn inwards or is this something that happens by itself when it is time?

5 minutes ago, Annoynymous said:

@winterknight what will i learn by examing those pattern? And why is it necessary to do that? 

You will learn to accept all the parts of yourself that you don't otherwise accept. And when you do that, your mind will be calmer. And a calm mind is the main thing you need for an effective spiritual search.

4 minutes ago, WindInTheLeaf said:

Do they choose to turn inwards or is this something that happens by itself when it is time?

It feels to them like choice but is really the latter.

24 minutes ago, winterknight said:

It feels to them like choice but is really the latter.

So, if it is really something that unfolds by itself, and looking within is hindered by whatever is keeping your attention without, are these shiny ideas of yours not an obstacle for enlightenment? 

If it unfolds by itself, and the problem of 'I' is that I confuse truth for appearance of truth(ego-truth), then how can i ever find what I am looking for at the place I believe it to be? As such, of what benefit is a 'I am enlightened'-AmA to a sincere seeker?

Edited by WindInTheLeaf

@winterknight I at times almost cry and suffer emotionally because of other's pain, suffering, poverty etc.

I believe that those who are spiritually very advanced do have a LOT of compassion but they don't feel pain in a similar way that some people like me do and I suppose that most probably it is because I am not spiritually advanced.

What do you suggest and what should I do about it? 

2 minutes ago, captainamerica said:

@winterknight I at times almost cry and suffer emotionally because of other's pain, suffering, poverty etc.

I believe that those who are spiritually very advanced do have a LOT of compassion but they don't feel pain in a similar way that some people like me do and I suppose that most probably it is because I am not spiritually advanced.

What do you suggest and what should I do about it? 

I suggest you look into your true nature, of course. That is the most healing thing you can do for yourself and for others.

Here are my general guidelines and here's how to do self-inquiry.

Edited by winterknight

@winterknight often time i feel lonely and think if i had a gf, she would bring happiness and fulfillment to me and my loneliness will go away. Why am i thinking in this way? 

14 minutes ago, WindInTheLeaf said:

So, if it is really something that unfolds by itself, and looking within is hindered by whatever is keeping your attention without, are these shiny ideas of yours not an obstacle for enlightenment? 

If it unfolds by itself, and the problem of 'I' is that I confuse truth for appearance of truth(ego-truth), then how can i ever find what I am looking for at the place I believe it to be? As such, of what benefit is a 'I am enlightened'-AmA to a sincere seeker?

Why would they be obstacles? Whatever commands the mind to look within when it will, commands it to look without first.

You cannot find the truth in the place you expect it to be, of course. That's why it's called inquiry. Inquiry leads you to the place you do not recognize because it's so obvious.

If there is a seeker, there is a benefit, because good ideas are required for the mind to kill the bad ideas.  When good ideas kill bad ideas, the mind eventually will be able to hop beyond ideas entirely. That's what the use of this thread is.

But of course all that is said for seekers. When the seeker becomes a finder, it will turn out there was no seeker.

20 minutes ago, WindInTheLeaf said:

These questions are right on the cusp of a breakthrough. So beautiful  ? . This thread is Love ? 

4 minutes ago, Annoynymous said:

@winterknight often time i feel lonely and think if i had a gf, she would bring happiness and fulfillment to me and my loneliness will go away. Why am i thinking in this way? 

Why do you think you are thinking that way? No one else can give you these answers. Time to start looking inward.

Edited by winterknight