Leo Gura

Spiral Dynamics Stage Yellow Examples Mega-Thread

996 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, Lyubov said:

 

Basically anything Rebel Wisdom produce is yellow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, andyjohnsonman said:

Basically anything Rebel Wisdom produce is yellow

I haven't seen too much of his stuff even though I've been subbed to him for a while. Gonna check out more of his videos. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Dr. Khaled ElSherbini is combining Spiral Dynamics Integral with enneagram. I would also peg him at turqoise, but he seems to be a chameleon in that regard.

Quote

Dr. Khaled ElSherbini is the founder and chairman of “Enneagram Egypt”, the first and largest IEA accredited Enneagram school in North Africa and the Middle East. He is also the founder of “BeCon, the Consciousness Academy” a dedicated academy focusing on human development and spiritual transformation. Dr. ElSherbini is an IEA Accredited Enneagram Professional, and the founder of the IEA Accredited Training program “Awaken through Enneagram”, the only IEA fully accredited program in Africa and the Middle East.

 

Dr. ElSherbini obtained his Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering from the American University in Cairo, his Masters Degree in Environmental Engineering from the American University in Cairo, his Doctorate degree in Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering from West Virginia University, and his MBA degree in strategic management and innovation and technology management from the German University in Cairo. 

 

Thereafter, Dr. ElSherbini obtained numerous certifications in the field of human development, including: Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) Master Level, Reiki Universal Energy Master/teacher, Life Coaching practitioner, Systemic constellations practitioner, Mindfulness and Consciousness practitioner, Enneagram practitioner, and Integral consciousness.

 

Dr. ElSherbini has over 25 years of experience in the fields of human development, coaching, consciousness and awareness, executive management, corporate restructuring, sustainability, renewable energy, research and development, technology management, strategic management, and teaching in the USA, Spain, Ukraine, Germany, Switzerland, China, and in Egypt. Dr. ElSherbini has built from scratch numerous Egyptian teams in major industrial organizations, one of which became the largest and most active industrial R&D team in Egypt with over 100 professionals acting harmoniously and effectively.

 

Following is a brief list of Dr. ElSherbini’s main milestones:

 

Education:

· PhD in Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering   West Virginia University (USA)

· MBA in Strategic & Innovation Management  German University in Cairo

· MSc in Environmental Engineering   American University in Cairo

· BSc in Mechanical Engineering   American University in Cairo

 

Human Development and Communication

· Enneagram  IEA Accredited Professional

· Integral Consciousness  Member – IntegralLife (USA)

· Mindfulness Teacher

· Certified Coach  Practitioner – ICI (Germany)

· Universal Energy  Master Teacher – RAND (USA)

· Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP)  Master Practitioner – INLPTA (USA)

· Systemic Constellations   Practitioner – CSC (UK) 

 

Areas of Human Development Training, Coaching, and Consultation

· Enneagram

· Spiral Dynamics

· Integral consciousness

· Consciousness Coaching

· Mindfulness

· Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP)

· Executive Coaching

· Life Coaching

· Human typology and personality analysis

· Career roadmapping

· Effective Communication

· Shadow work and Psychological assessment

· Systemic Constellations

· Consciousness development

· Strategic Management

· Human Energy Management

 

Edited by Loving Radiance

"Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't pinput exactly on what YELLOW is. It seems so airy fairy, impractical, and far removed from every day life. 

EDIT: Yes, I do posses the Spiral Dynamics Book, and have consulted spiraldynamicsintegral.nl/en and I still cannot grasp how is YELLOW practical to every day life.

Edited by Husseinisdoingfine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

I can't pinput exactly on what YELLOW is. It seems so airy fairy, impractical, and far removed from every day life. 

Basically everything Leo teaches... Openmindedness, Epistemology, Systems Thinking, Chaos theory, Non-linearity, Philosophy of science, non-binary thinking, Open-ended thinking, Going Meta, Multi-Perspectival, Going where noone dares to go, Non-judgemental, Investigating the Shadow, Body-Mind synergy, Intution, Psychedelics for inner discovery etc etc etc

Edited by Rilles

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The early Greek philosophers were neccesarily non-yellow, the sd-paradgm functions only insofar as the world it tries to reflect has the sets of attributes with which the paradigm were assigned to model.

Most of academic philosophy even today is below yellow, in that much of it is a semantic game IN that it contextualize like phenomena fundametaly different, never understanding the isomorpich nature with which context emerge, out of neccesity. The "absurdity" ofcourse, is that as soon as you disagree with more then half of another's propositions you'll behind the curtains agree just the more; the less axioms you have in common.

And that is the integral discovery. It is not that those supersets are perfectly negatively proportionate so to constituate an isomorpic agreement, but that particular subsets therein has that effect.

Presumaby, this is why the importance of linguisitcs as John Searle pointed out: became the philosophical discourse. I am yet to read much Postmodern thought, but it surely must have been the discovery of Derrida aswell


“Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions.”
― David Hume

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know if they've been posted in this thread yet, but the books, "The Listening Society," and, "Nordic Ideology," by Hanzi Freinacht are specifically Stage Yellow. They outline Metamodernism, a Stage Yellow philosophy, politics, psychology, etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Elevated said:

I don't know if they've been posted in this thread yet, but the books, "The Listening Society," and, "Nordic Ideology," by Hanzi Freinacht are specifically Stage Yellow. They outline Metamodernism, a Stage Yellow philosophy, politics, psychology, etc. 

Post-postmodernism, or the New Sincerity, is another term for this. Found this great description on the website linked below:

We see this manifest as a kind of informed naivety, a pragmatic idealism, a moderate fanaticism, oscillating between sincerity and irony, deconstruction and construction, apathy and affect, attempting to attain some sort of transcendent position, as if such a thing were within our grasp. The metamodern generation understands that we can be both ironic and sincere in the same moment; that one does not necessarily diminish the other.

http://www.metamodernism.com/2015/01/12/metamodernism-a-brief-introduction/


The problem is one of opposition between subjective and objective points of view. 

So either the objective conception of the world is incomplete, or the subjective involves illusions that should be rejected.  - Thomas Nagel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@DocWatts Yes exactly! Hanzi uses that as part of the definition. I should add that the book puts forward a more refined version of Spiral Dynamics. He removes turquoise however because he feels that there just isn't enough development in Metamodernism to really say what would come next. It's too speculative at this point. I'm agnostic at this point in my education, but I do think anyone talking about Choral or the higher stages of Integral Theory are mentally masturbating. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Husseinisdoingfine I'm in same boat with you friend, as I believe I fall under green or at least have green values. I do think though that what we are doing here is sorta what yellow is, going meta on life, society, the mind, the ego etc. examining what's true and what's not true for us, keeping an ultra open-mind etc. 

 

any Yellow correct me if I'm wrong: but I think going meta on shit is really what the stage is all about. 

 

I would say though that I couldn't tell a Yellow person for the life of me unless someone points them out. I'm just guessing they probably have a wardrobe full of black shirts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/7/2021 at 11:14 PM, nitramadas said:

Turquoise is the bare minimum for being enlightened.

Do not spread misinformation on there. Educate yourself about the distinction between awakening and development.


You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Do not spread misinformation on there. Educate yourself about the distinction between awakening and development.

I did say "being enlightened" and not "becoming aware of yourself as God" for a reason.  Purple may be more likely to have an experience of God than Yellow, but not to actually become enlightened, as a person.

..wait, omg, I think I've got it.  You may just have a fundamentally different interpretation of SD.  I had just automatically assumed you've moved past this, your ..older content.  You view going past stage Orange as literally just getting rich and becoming successful?!  And, to you, Yellow is.. using wealth gained from Orange to fund sustainable solutions in whatever industry your company works in until you retire as a Turquoise billionaire?  Seriously?!  I guess, considering how you started this business, I shouldn't be surprised.  This really is nothing but a continuation of your "get your ass to the gym! Fuck bitches! Get rich!" videos.  If that's seriously the case.. I'm disappointed.

To me, at least, the stages are "milestones" in lowering one's entropy.   The descriptions are just symptoms, common manifestations of an expanded awareness.  Getting rich isn't what progressing from Orange to Green requires.  What it requires is a level of awareness sufficiently high for one to see that money/possessions/status/skills aren't that important. 

SD measures one's level of awareness the only way possible:  Indirectly.  Through the visible consistent manifestations of each stage.  Those manifestations are not the stages themselves, just tools that allow us to work with the abstract.  Orange may have a proclivity for wanting success/money/status, but that's just because its awareness has expanded enough to see the possibilities visible from level Orange.  All it is is expansion of awareness. 

Now tell me, wise Gura, what's at the top of the spiral?  Is it maximally expanded awareness (aka enlightenment)?  Or is it being "an ultra successful, ripped AF billionaire guy who's getting all the pussy ..on his yacht (leftovers from his Orange days) and says he doesn't need any of it & that's just what integrating Orange looks like", as you so boldly claimed?

Edited by nitramadas

You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@nitramadas  Y o u're   the one who's  orange (or blue-orange) here mate, I don't think Buddha was. People can have certain values of a lower stage and be on a higher stage in other aspects of their life. This isn't a 2D model, it has dimensions and I think even the hours of explanation doesn't completely cover the entirety of it. Also it depends on how much you personally absorbed from those videos, so you most definitely have a very tiny slice of all there is to know about spiral dynamics, just like all of us here. 

There's truth in your perspective tho: Don't blindly follow or make role models out of people.

As for Sadhguru, I also think some of the stuff he says is BS but discarding him completely is like turning off the light to a big room in the house. Yes there are an infinite amount of rooms but there's still a lot of value to be gained from the one called Sadhguru.

 

The segregation of women thing is a bit more complicated and I'm not gonna get into that. At least not before I see how you respond to this one, and see whether it is a waste of time to talk about it or not. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Kamran said:

@nitramadas  Y o u're   the one who's  orange (or blue-orange) here mate, I don't think Buddha was. People can have certain values of a lower stage and be on a higher stage in other aspects of their life. This isn't a 2D model, it has dimensions and I think even the hours of explanation doesn't completely cover the entirety of it. Also it depends on how much you personally absorbed from those videos, so you most definitely have a very tiny slice of all there is to know about spiral dynamics, just like all of us here. 

There's truth in your perspective tho: Don't blindly follow or make role models out of people.

As for Sadhguru, I also think some of the stuff he says is BS but discarding him completely is like turning off the light to a big room in the house. Yes there are an infinite amount of rooms but there's still a lot of value to be gained from the one called Sadhguru.

 

The segregation of women thing is a bit more complicated and I'm not gonna get into that. At least not before I see how you respond to this one, and see whether it is a waste of time to talk about it or not. 

I'm afraid you've completely misunderstood what I was saying about Sadhguru.. and everything else.

I love Sadhguru, I've learned what I could from him, and from countless other similar personalities.  Surely you could see I wasn't being serious when I suggested he is possessed? 

And it has been many years since I was Orange.  I make no effort to appear serious, and often open myself up to public criticisms/judgements.  I find it fun and educational.  I mean.. you have any idea how EASY it would be for me to fake any stage?  I could just say what everyone wants to hear, get everyone to like me, etc., and as I've already explained in many previous posts:  That would do no good.  Why would I want to get people to restrict themselves in any way?  That would not be leading by example.  You think Sadhguru takes himself seriously?  He's trying to be an example for others.

Quote

This isn't a 2D model

Yeah, it is.  SD isn't just some collection of traits.. did you even read anything I wrote?  How many times can I explain the exact same concept..

 

Quote

The segregation of women thing

That's such a simple and boring matter I'm not gonna repeat myself again.  Trivial stage Blue problems that will solve themselves soon enough.

 

Quote

Y o u're   the one who's  orange (or blue-orange) here mate

jfc, if you're gonna make random accusations, at least make an effort, and have at least one point of evidence.  Read what I wrote if anything's still not clear.

Edited by nitramadas

You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@nitramadas  I did read it mate. A fish won't know anything about the fact that it's in something called water. As I said, I won't continue if I felt like it wasn't something that made sense, so I'll leave you with the fish analogy. I don't expect you to suddenly become open minded of course (not unless you can stop bullshitting yourself), but maybe in the future when life forces you to think a bit deeper and you re-evaluate things, you might get it. It ain't my job to facilitate your growth, so I won't sit here and try to do that, you can take the win... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Kamran said:

@nitramadas  I did read it mate. A fish won't know anything about the fact that it's in something called water. As I said, I won't continue if I felt like it wasn't something that made sense, so I'll leave you with the fish analogy. I don't expect you to suddenly become open minded of course (not unless you can stop bullshitting yourself), but maybe in the future when life forces you to think a bit deeper and you re-evaluate things, you might get it. It ain't my job to facilitate your growth, so I won't sit here and try to do that, you can take the win... 

What are you even trying to say?  Speak up!  

Did you mean... me saying 'I love Sadhguru' and that there's value in every perspective means I'm not openminded enough?  I really don't know what you're trying to achieve / what point you're attempting to make.  You've not made a single point so far, just made a bunch of wild, general claims based on your misinterpretation of an old post of mine..

Edited by nitramadas

You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@nitramadas  

  • Defending against being called Orange.
  • Wanting to be understood more than wanting to understand
  • Claiming to understand all about spiral dynamics, and not understanding what a model really means and how we're always using one in every situation.
  • Disliking vagueness and not listening to what's being expressed and focusing instead on what's being said
  • Claiming to be above the "trivial" issues of the society, and putting it down by calling it blue.
  • Defending against being judged.
  • Constantly claiming that others are dumb and that you need to explain the same thing over and over again.
  • The whole tone of the comments

and possibly the fact that you thought of pointing out the fact that I responded when I said I wouldn't.

 

I don't know you of course, but I don't need to read an entire book to figure out it's about Classical physics. There might be a bit of relativity and other topics in it but if you open a random page for me a few times I'm pretty sure I'd be able to discern that much. You're most definitely very orange.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Kamran said:

@nitramadas  

  • Defending against being called Orange.
  • Wanting to be understood more than wanting to understand
  • Claiming to understand all about spiral dynamics, and not understanding what a model really means and how we're always using one in every situation.
  • Disliking vagueness and not listening to what's being expressed and focusing instead on what's being said
  • Claiming to be above the "trivial" issues of the society, and putting it down by calling it blue.
  • Defending against being judged.
  • Constantly claiming that others are dumb and that you need to explain the same thing over and over again.
  • The whole tone of the comments

and possibly the fact that you thought of pointing out the fact that I responded when I said I wouldn't.

 

I don't know you of course, but I don't need to read an entire book to figure out it's about Classical physics. There might be a bit of relativity and other topics in it but if you open a random page for me a few times I'm pretty sure I'd be able to discern that much. You're most definitely very orange.

Well, at least you tried.


You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Reciprocality said:

The early Greek philosophers were neccesarily non-yellow

It is interesting though that Protagoras (pre-socratic philosopher) basically established relativistic philosophy (atleast in the West), which is the building block of post-Green thought. Still, the interplay between the individual and the environment is an important factor for judging SD. The environment 2500 years ago could not have produced mature post-Green people.


To balance beauty and complexity so perfectly is a divine mystery.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@nitramadas Honestly man, just reading your comments you sound like an asshole. I don't mean that to be hostile or mean, but you're doing a really good job of ridiculing anyone who disagrees with you. Why do you feel the need to put someone down just because they disagree with you, have less understanding than you, or are less intelligent than you? Whether those things are true or not, you still seem to have a very strong need to make someone feel lesser. I think it's something you need to dive into. 

All the best. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now