Leo Gura

Spiral Dynamics Stage Yellow Examples Mega-Thread

1,196 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Fetak said:

@Fetak Wow this documentary is amazing! What a beautiful film. Agree that the overall message has Yellow integral qualities (human and machine co-evolving together), though the characters in the film seem mostly Orange (Brits) and Blue/ORANGE (Koreans). Fascinating documentary. 

This guy has  a great potential for YELLOW! HAHAH 

When I reviewed my episode I noticed how Im jumping from perspective to perspective assuming that people will understand me. Even though this episode is  spontaneous , sloppy and non structured I noticed how my brain was able to structure it by itself. I also noticed that I em communicating (constructing sentences) like im journaling in my lap top. It is interesting how we develop our thinking.  

I can see how I am dogmatic in many ways (orange,green). But I see how I can improve my style of communication only by observing it, and after that, set up a plan to improve it. Like reading,  studying linguistics, working with systems and many many others! 

Our life is a Habit. But is it a good one? 

There you go! 

Found it, the absolute Holy grail yellow video. Tell me when you get it :). 

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

I guess no one solved the puzzle "why is the above video yellow?". Going to give the solution, spoilers ahead.

Dicks = Orange

Pussies = Green

Assholes = Red

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

The Scientific Study of History, Dr. Peter Turchin

Robert Wright & Jonathan Haidt [The Wright Show]

Non-systemic thinking. ;)

Dont look at me! Look inside!

Stephen Wolfram, founder of the journal Complex Systems (early involved with the Santa Fe institute), explains the limits of falsification (among other things) in a conversation with Eric Weinstein about their "Theories of Everything". 1:13:05

1:56:25 is also very interesting.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

https://www.republik.ch/

A Swiss newspaper. The newspaper is independent and only financed by the reader (it is a cooperative). The newspaper writes reports that are very objecitve. It writes a maximum of 3 reports per day, but these are profound and large. The newspaper has made it its task to counteract the superficial news and the concentration of the media. The content is often illuminated from a larger perspective and often has yellow elements in it. 

At first it was still uncertain, but more and more it seems to be successful and sustainable

->https://www.republik.ch/manifest

Edited by eliasvelez

It wont get much better : )

how much can you bend your mind? and how much do you have to do it to see straight?

He focuses on the institution, and the whole system instead of the individual priests. Clearly yellow.

He is also a good example of how a great leader can be quiet and reserved.

Edited by Finax

In my opinion Dr. Michael Wood Jr. is the closest to a stage yellow view I have found on the policing issue in America. He was initially stage green endorsing BLM and appearing on liberal shows like TYT, but since then seems to have expanded his view and has created a newer system and philosophy to view the policing issue. You can read about it in his books The business of policing and Crimes and Punishment in the 21st century.

https://michaelwoodjr.medium.com/

Edited by Raze

These courses have been so helpful to me to understand Yellow, Systems Thinking really is a quantum leap once you really grok it. I highly suggest you watch these in order and take notes at the same time, his voice is a bit boring and he goes pretty fast through the concepts, so you need high focus to get all the juice out of it, dont listen while doing something else. 

Edited by Rilles

You should add him (Schmachtenberger) to your examples list. @Leo Gura

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

7 minutes ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

This isn't YELLOW necessarily but perfectly captures YELLOW politics

1618855336875.jpg

For those who don't get the reference, those colored squares on the knight's helmet is the ''political compass'': https://www.politicalcompass.org/

Or just write Ego. :P