StephenK

Why do you come here? Full honesty required!

74 posts in this topic

As far as I can tell, there seems to be a wide spectrum of agendas on this forum. Some people are lurkers, some are deliberate contrarians, some love debating (to test their world-views I assume), some come to ask questions, some fancy themselves teachers, and some come across as preachers.

Personally, I came to this forum over a year ago with a somewhat antagonistic attitude and desire to argue. In the last few months, I've stopped arguing as I've realized I get nothing out of it and I don't actually know what most (not all) people on this forum are saying. Sometimes I read threads and after 4 pages ask myself 'What the **** did I just read?' Maybe I'm just not spiritual enough. So I pretty much exclusively ask questions now.

So why do you come here and what are your opinions on this forum? 

I originally came here to share my story.
I stayed to answer questions and read them as if I gave advice to myself.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

To share experiences and to clear up certain questions about my meditation practice

Dont look at me! Look inside!

14 minutes ago, StephenK said:

So why do you come here 

I don't do any work. I have no responsibilities, no social life. I can't sit silently doing nothing, all day. I am here for catharsis. 

19 minutes ago, StephenK said:

what are your opinions on this forum? 

Like me, other seekers also need to release repressed emotions, this forum gives them space for it.

To read what the 8 posters who post 80% of all content on this forum are disagreeing about today. Also sometimes I post for reasons unknown to me.

WHY THE ACTUALIZED.ORG FORUM IS SUCH AN AMAZING TOOL FOR GROWTH

One word — Synergy.  You can grow so much more from learning from many perspectives.  Synergy is like hitting the nitro button or afterburner button.  It’s exponential growth — if you use the Forum optimally, that is.  This Forum is very special and useful.  And I think moving forward into the future it will become more so, as more and more people discover Personal Development.  And as we get out of that Stage Orange-style teaching paradigm of Personal Development.  Leo is right in the pocket leading the way there!  Synergy is one of Covey’s 7 Habits and it’s also analogous to Napoleon Hill’s concept of a Master Mind group.  You can only learn so much on your own — if you want to get insane growth — then you gotta learn from hundreds and maybe even thousands of Perspectives.  You gotta be in a Master-Mind Network of Perspectives — that’s the Forum! see.  That’s what synergy is.  This is one way that technology is helping us — it allows us to network with people all over the world on very niche issues.  They didn’t have one of these back in the 1700’s, I can tell you that!  They didn’t have anything like the synergy possibilities we have today.  So, we’re very lucky to be alive today. 

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@StephenK Two of my teachers are here, @Faceless and @Leo Gura.

Also my friends @tsuki and @Prabhaker are here who are very insightful as well. 

That's the main reason, but I'm also here to ask question, but these days all treads turn out the same after a few pages, no matter what OP is like. It become a non dual war after 15-20 post in any of my threads I noticed. It's sad in a way, but also a little bit entertaining, it has pros and cons to it.

Some interesting people here. I like most of them, but we shouldn't backstab each other that much. We should be friends I think.

I had huge fight with @egoeimai, it was ugly how we treated each other, but now we are friends. 

At the moment I have an enemy in @Outer, we can be real mean both of us. He is nasty in a more explicit way and I am mean in a more subtle way, but we are both equally stupid with each other. But maybe we become friends in future. 

I miss the reputation point system, I would like to have it back, and also notifications when someone answering your posts.  

Edited by MarkusSweden

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

So i can talk to myself outside my mind.

B R E A T H E

I come to this forum because I'm addicted to seeing new stuff. I'm always craving for something to give a purpose to my boring life. Sometimes to project my ego onto others opinions, sometimes to help a fellow human being. Sometimes to search for answers that I know that they are already inside me. I belive this forum is a stepping stone towards liberation. After you have known the basics there is no reason coming here 

7 minutes ago, molosku said:

To read what the 8 posters who post 80% of all content on this forum are disagreeing about today. 

Haha

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

@Outer Why do you want to do this 'thinking'? What is the goal?

@tsuki Why did you want to share your story? Love? Feedback?

@Rilles Have the answers to your meditation questions been helpful in your practice?

@Prabhaker I like your honesty.

@molosku I can relate to that haha

@MarkusSweden Do you enjoy having perceived enemies? I know I do sometimes.

@pluto Why? Boredom? Catharsis?

3 minutes ago, Etagnwo said:

I would get a new teacher if I were you lol. 

You don't like Leo? ;) 

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

@StephenK Yes absolutely, I love hearing other peoples approaches, it helps me to get out of my own little box

Edited by Rilles

Dont look at me! Look inside!

Haha it was a just a joke but mainly exploration, enjoyment and assistance :) @StephenK

B R E A T H E

This is not the only place I share my experience. 

I'm done searching, I came here to have fun and challenge those who claim they are awakened. Why? But Because. ;) 

Apparently, people here think they know stuff, but only from other masters, books, drugs and very little from personal Air experience.

I'm legit, all that I share and shared here is my personal experience.

Had no master. 

I guide myself Flying. 

Maybe some see me arrogant, that is not the point. In conclusion, the unspeakable does not give a damn about feelings when it comes to < i don't know>. ;) 

Leo Gura is an inspirational human being.

4 minutes ago, StephenK said:

Why did you want to share your story? Love? Feedback?

I was somehow compelled to write it and see what comes out of it.
The result was that once I started to describe it, I came to understand that it was an unresolvable spaghetti of various strands of narratives.
I gave up, as I understood that trying to resolve it into a coherent story is a lie. It is too much to convey through words.

In retrospection, I of think of it as shedding my skin.
By combing the narrative of my life, I came to understand that there is no me in that.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2