StephenK

Why do you come here? Full honesty required!

74 posts in this topic

@One Maranatha I’d love that too :) I feel as if this will be the case as we become more aware and conscious, a natural desire to come together on a more intimate level with those who share the same passion and love for life such as those on this forum ❤️ 

Edited by Solace

Feel your hearts embrace of this moment of existence, and your love will awaken in everything you perceive ❤️ 

I came here because I thought it was a good idea if I was going to pursue this path.

I stayed mostly because It fills in some need for me.

I help people (especially the more traumatic ones) because it makes me feel good, and fills in the boredom. And then there's also interesting topics that I stay for. I also think it gives my life more meaning.

Also I stay for the same reasons as you people mostly.

I thought I would find community here. My white whale - and something that increasingly seems to be illusory and unnecessary. 

I most likely won't come back anymore, except to see if @Leo Gura will come to Seattle (pleeeeease?) - if IRL tour dates happen.

This forum is more or less like every other place where humans congregate.

• Good looking and vapid females get a lot of attention, followers, and supportive words.
  • Most people don't listen - they just hop in with opinions and advice, that are often unsolicited. Not every post is a "please give advice" post, guys.
  • Some dudes are skeevy.
  • A lot of time is wasted.
  • People say they will do xyz and then don't do shit.

Maybe I'll just join a hiking club. At least fewer of those people will be suicidal.

nothing is anything

2 hours ago, eskwire said:

Good looking and vapid females get a lot of attention, followers, and supportive words.

How can we know that somebody is good looking on this forum ? Thread 'Let us see your face' was started on February 27, 2018, this year.

Most people don't listen - they just hop in with opinions and advice, that are often unsolicited. Not every post is a "please give advice" post, guys.

How will you know that they are listening if they don't give opinion and advice ?

Some dudes are skeevy.

You can ignore them. I wouldn't mind if you ignore my post.

11 minutes ago, Prabhaker said:

How can we know that somebody is good looking on this forum ? Thread 'Let us see your face' was started on February 27, 2018, this year.

How will you know that they are listening if they don't give opinion and advice ?

You can ignore them. I wouldn't mind if you ignore my post.

1.) Profile pics and some people have posted pictures of themselves in threads.

2.) You don't have to give opinions and advice to let someone know you are listening. There are other types of sentences in the world.

3.) That's dismissing my point (that this place isn't necessarily much better than other places where you could talk to people - there are still dirtbags on here). But thanks for not listening and giving me unsolicited advice.

nothing is anything

16 minutes ago, eskwire said:

There are other types of sentences in the world.

Thanks for your response. I am learning and listening !

On 04.06.2018 at 2:00 PM, StephenK said:

Sometimes I read threads and after 4 pages ask myself 'What the **** did I just read?'

Yeah, sometimes I think I need to see a therapist after reading some topics in this forum ... B|

Edited by Star Net

2brlg1.jpg

• Multiple Perspectives & Unique Perspectives
  • A Form of Practicing Humor
  • A Form of Practicing Self Expression
  • Sharing & Helping
  • Practicing Explicating
  • Feedback

That's about it for me. @Joseph Maynor is the only person here who I just can't understand and it kind of bugs me lol. 

Memento Mori

On 6/3/2018 at 11:00 PM, StephenK said:

why do you come here and what are your opinions on this forum

I came here for different reason:

1. I liked read and Improve my English language. 

2. For personal Development.

3. Want to know What other people are up to from different places.

4. For Interacting and made connection. I am looking for that too. 

53 minutes ago, K VIL said:

@Truth what dont u understand about him honestly lol

I don't understand how much one can benefit from creating journals and journals re-posting Leo's videos saying "I appreciate this video" lol

Memento Mori

On 04.06.2018 at 2:25 PM, Etagnwo said:

The unspeakable doesn't give a damn. That's true. But you must have feelings for others.  What are they? Boredom? Does boredom arise because one is seeking something outside, looking to gain something in particular? Some connection? Does the unspeakable seek connection and then feel bored when it doesn't get it?

You are too serious :) Having feelings for others gets you killed. 

@StephenK I initially came to get theory to help with personal development. I'm at the point where I don't need more theory and I just need to do the work, so 50% of time I only come here cuz I'm bored. If I wanted to really spend my time getting proper theory, I'd be reading books. 

As for as my thoughts on the forum, it's obviously good for people with questions on personal development but I personally think that people waste their time trying to conceptualise the true nature of reality. I've fallen into the trap as well. There will also be occasions where I read sets of messages on a topic which seem pointless to me, and are often filled with vague word salads that you can get off http://sebpearce.com/bullshit/

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.