How to be wise

Did Sadhguru Go Mad?

150 posts in this topic

35 minutes ago, Monkey-man said:

What does Sadhguru mean by that for 99% of people the moment of enlightenment is the moment you leave your body?

Read this: https://www.quora.com/How-many-enlightened-persons-has-Isha-Foundation-produced-through-its-methods/answer/Shanmugam-P-12

Shanmugam 

Subscribe to my Youtube channel for videos regarding spiritual path, psychology, meditation, poetry and more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwOJcU0o7xIy1L663hoxzZw?sub_confirmation=1 

@Shanmugam

thanks

can we say that Sadhguru meant that death occurs when u reach some final stage of enlightenment (nirvana)?

On 2017-11-17 at 3:30 AM, Leo Gura said:

All those are common abilities for advanced yogis.

You are 100% certain?

"Maybe aliens is sitting somewhere up there looking at this at like a video feed and jerking off to it. You don't know!" - Leo Gura, 2018

Predicting future its a common sidhi. There is a women close by our town who i visited last month said about my future events like accident and all and it happened. Why i liked her is because she talked about my past events which where 100% right, she even said my old gf's name. she also told about a rakshas(an energy, (like a yakshi) living in our house- thanks to my forefathers who was into rituals ?)

There is nadi jyothisham and stuff in south india that says about past lifes and all. There is kavadi jyothisham which says how your upasana is going on like is your devatha happy, blessed and with you or not.  I have seen a hanuman upasakan  who can jump arround trees without tree branches bending. 

Edited by Harikrishnan

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

On 2017-11-16 at 11:20 PM, cetus56 said:

Sadhguru is a wise enough being to know if he does levitate to keep it to him self. Display of such powers would only serve an injustice to others.

Good point cetus! And I believe that anyone who is evolved to a point that he could do these things knows that it is a quiet thing, you know that you shouldn't talk about it or show off about it. 

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

On 18/11/2017 at 7:32 PM, SOUL said:

.....so should he be called Madguru then?

Hey,hey...

madHguru

People have different opinions and that is normal. However one thing is apparent - Sadhguru is incredibly wise man who's suggestions and guidance has proven to be helpful for lots of people on the seeker's path.   

30 minutes ago, egoless said:

People have different opinions and that is normal. However one thing is apparent - Sadhguru is incredibly wise man who's suggestions and guidance has proven to be helpful for lots of people on the seeker's path.   

He has read a lot of books, he is intelligent and has good communication skills.. that's all! 

But people who are stuck in fantasy world and think that fantasy is spirituality are more attracted to him. But they become extremely misled and at one point stop using their intelligence. His followers are abusive and disrespectful towards others. Whenever there is any discussion about Sadhguru, I find myself quite responsible to warn people, because based on my 15 years of experience in being very close to Isha, I realize how much I was misled. Many people just don't understand the serious danger in listening to him. When you hear something over and over again, you will at some point take it as true. That is what is happening with the followers of Sadhguru.

Do you want to see how spiritual his followers has become? Here is a sample:

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

Sadhguru seems to be taking advantage of certain bias, conditioning and inferiority complex that many Indians have and making use of it to grow his business. 

Sometimes I post links with additional explanation, but I don't know how many people read it word by word. But let me try again. Here is something that I wrote yesterday : https://www.quora.com/What-is-your-viewpoint-on-Jaggi-Vasudev-in-comparison-with-Osho/answer/Shanmugam-P-12

Shanmugam 

Subscribe to my Youtube channel for videos regarding spiritual path, psychology, meditation, poetry and more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwOJcU0o7xIy1L663hoxzZw?sub_confirmation=1 

On 17. 11. 2017. at 3:30 AM, Leo Gura said:

All those are common abilities for advanced yogis.

You guys still aren't getting it.

Am I aloved to ask if there is any prove of such abilities? Or is dogma? Anecdotal evidence?

@Shanmugam I understand your concerns and also agree that if you see something not clear about sadhguru you should share with others to raise an awareness. However I think the most effective way to do this would be to post clear, precise and short summary of what is written in that quora article. What are your main points against sadhguru? 

I did not have much time to read in details but based on what I have read I identified that your main criticism comes to that : “The common opinion about Yoga is this: Enlightenment is all about raising kundalini from the bottom of your spine to your crown. But, this is not enlightenment! It only causes a spiritual experience, a temporary experience popularly known as ‘nirvikalpa samadhi’. Many yogis have reached this state and proclaim that they are enlightened, while still living in duality. They can mislead you in various ways.. But actually, Yoga is the only path which can trap you in every step.” 

And maybe on the fact that he might be just copying osho. 

Correct me if I am wrong. It would be great if you made short summary of your criticism so more people read it. That would raise awareness.

4 minutes ago, egoless said:

@Shanmugam

And maybe on the fact that he might be just copying osho. 

He is quoting verbatim from Osho and that is a fact... I have very clear evidence in another post that I had linked there...  But copying or plagiarism is not a problem here... Read what I have quoted below...

He is trying to promote a religion, justifying everything that is said in that religion and calling as spirituality...

Let me quote a part from that answer...

Now, please note that I don’t care much about plagiarism or copyright. Those are trivial things. My emphasis is on two things in general:

Sadhguru stated that he never read any scriptures. He even stated the same thing in Mahashivarathri 2018. That is how he began the discourse, insisting that he in fact never read anything about spirituality. But there are obvious examples which I have written about, that shows that a lot of his content comes from Osho. So, if he has read Osho’s books, he must have read other books too. This explains why he is stating stories from Shiva Purana and even Periya puranam (A Tamil book). Because, he has read them all. This signals a pretense. What is the need to deliberately hide these things?

Anyone can talk such things by reading books. If you read 20 - 30 Osho books and get some intellectual clarity, you will sound enlightened, even if you are living like everyone else. You will talk wise things but your mind will be with the same kind of conditioning. Because of this, you will also end up saying things that comes from your own conditioning, beliefs and likes and dislikes. At the end of the day, you will end up misleading people instead of guiding them towards enlightenment. Osho warned about this many times, saying that this will be similar to a blind man leading another blind man.

There are many other things... It is impossible to summarize all that. Read this post to start with: https://ksmphanindra.wordpress.com/2017/11/02/the-controversial-death-of-sadhgurus-wife-vijji/ Take your time to read it fully and try to see the whole picture of what is said

Shanmugam 

@Shanmugam I understand your arguments more clearly now. However does this necessarily prove that he is not Enlightened? Can you link any videos where sadhguru’s beliefs or delusions are especially apparent? 

Or can you link the video where he denies reading osho or that he never read scriptures? 

I haven’t seen very many sadhguru’s videos, however in ones I have seen he always provides useful amd wise insights. 

@egoless He has said that many times.. In fact, that is the meaning he gives to the word 'Sadhguru'. He says 'sadhguru' means 'uneducated guru'.. But actually 'sadhguru' means 'true guru.'

I agree that some of his best videos have many good insights, which comes from Osho.

If you just explore more of the links I gave you, you will understand many things. The Quora answer itself has many links. The question about Osho has raised by many people to him, and he always acted as if he has got nothing to do with Osho.

Watch this video where he denies having read anything, right at the beginning of the video. 

Shanmugam 

9 minutes ago, Saumaya said:

@Shanmugam lol I would choose sadhguru anytime over rajneesh.

How long has it been since you know Sadhguru?

I have a long story in my life about many things that happened from 2003 to 2017, which is related to Sadhguru. Read this: https://nellaishanmugam.wordpress.com/2017/12/12/why-do-i-criticize-sadhguru-jaggi-vasudev/

Shanmugam 

Shanmugam:

Great blog post.

I like Sadhguru too, but I've thought he was a "700s" guru (i.e. Cosmic Consciousness, not The Absolute/1000) for a year now (when I still experienced an ego.)

He shows the typical markers of a 700s awakening: empire-building, knowledge-based system/seminars, indiscriminately talking about everything under the sun, and most importantly speaking of enlightenment in terms of "expanded sense of self."

This entire "most enlightened people die" business seems to be one of the biggest myths about awakening.

I didn't know Osho had started it.  David Hawkins also disseminated it in his books.

Don't get me wrong, as I said, I enjoy his videos and like him, and he's probably great for a lot of people, but there are obvious problems and limits with any guru in the 700s.

Edited by Haumea

@Faceless He is a guy from India who insisted a TV interviewer to call him 'Sadhguru', when the interviewer used his first name to call him.. His full name is Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev.

The word 'Sadhguru', usually written as 'satguru' in English, means a true or authentic guru. But Sadhguru defines it as 'uneducated guru'.. He thinks that he has the authority to change the meaning of a Sanskrit word, even though he admits he doesn't know Sanskrit. :D .

By the way, 'satguru' is a title that is used for many great saints in India. People choose to call those saints as 'satguru' with respect. But those saints insist that the true guru is within. 

@Haumea Sadhguru says that more than 90% of people die at the moment of enlightenment. And he says that Kriya yogis are exceptions who fall under the remaining 10%. But the problem is, he also says that he has to peg people down when they are about to get enlightened; otherwise they will die! And the people who he is talking about are Kriya yogis (his own followers)! So, that means, no one actually gets enlightened before death. If you get enlightened, you will die! He also says that he has the desire to enlighten the whole world. xD .. Read this: https://www.quora.com/How-many-enlightened-persons-has-Isha-Foundation-produced-through-its-methods/answer/Shanmugam-P-12

Shanmugam