How to be wise

Did Sadhguru Go Mad?

150 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Saumaya said:

@Shanmugam Nothing...just vibing

ok.. :) Which part of India are you from? And how long have you been listening to/reading Sadhguru? Have you attended the programs or his satsangs?

Shanmugam 

Subscribe to my Youtube channel for videos regarding spiritual path, psychology, meditation, poetry and more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwOJcU0o7xIy1L663hoxzZw?sub_confirmation=1 

1 minute ago, Shanmugam said:

ok.. :) Which part of India are you from? And how long have you been listening to/reading Sadhguru? Have you attended the programs or his satsangs?

i am from Delhi. Been listening to Sadhguru for a year or so. Ive taken his online inner engineering program.

There's Only One Truth!

My book on Enlightenment and Non Duality

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BHWCP7H

Sadhguru is very charismatic AND he freakin' looks great.

In the modern world especially, that's a deadly combination.

He looks the part, plays the part and he mostly says very sensible, insightful things (he's not some kind of wild social radical like Osho was.)

Unfortunately, believing EVERYTHING he says may confuse or frighten some people.

Edited by Haumea

Thanks for the conversation people, I read all that stuff, and quoted a bunch of stuff. It took me like a hour or more lol. I got a lot of valuable information from this.

20 minutes ago, Nahm said:

I always like this Sahdguru quote...

”The whole world is lying to themselves and everyone else about God”.

Osho elaborates so beautifully about God and the lies:

God is the greatest lie you can ever find, because on that lie thousands of other lies depend. Churches, religious organizations go on multiplying lies upon lies, just to protect one lie.

You have to understand the psychology of lying. The first thing about lying is that you need a good memory because you have to remember. You lie to someone about something, to somebody else about something else; you have to remember what you have said to one and what you have said to the other.

Truth needs no remembrance. Truth is always there, just the same. You don't have to cram it in your memory. Memory gives you a bondage, a prison; it clings around you, covers you so much, slowly, slowly that you disappear completely. Truth is uncovering yourself from all lies. And there is a sudden revelation that you are part of the immense truth I am calling existence.

You don't need any churches, you don't need any temples, you don't need any mosques; you need only a prayerful heart, a loving heart, a grateful heart. That is your real temple. That will transform your whole life. That will help you to discover not only yourself, but the very depths of this immense existence.

We are almost like the waves of the ocean – just on the surface, and the ocean may be miles deep. The Pacific Ocean is five miles deep. But a small wave on the top will never know the depth – her own depth, because she is not separate from the ocean. She will cling to her small entity, be afraid about death, be afraid of losing herself in the vastness, the oceanic infinity. But the truth is, the death of the wave is not a death, but the beginning of an eternal life.

Osho, Hari Om Tat Sat, Talk #9

Read the full talk here: http://www.osho.com/read/osho/vision/god-versus-existence

Shanmugam 

Subscribe to my Youtube channel for videos regarding spiritual path, psychology, meditation, poetry and more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwOJcU0o7xIy1L663hoxzZw?sub_confirmation=1 

@Shanmugam Thank you for that. Man, he had a way with beauty. Here’s another timely favorite of mine...

“Experience life in all possible ways --
good-bad, bitter-sweet, dark-light,
summer-winter. Experience all the dualities.
Don't be afraid of experience, because
the more experience you have, the more
mature you become.” 
― Osho

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

12 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Shanmugam Did you ever have the experience of being with your gurus in you? Revealing they are you, always were? 

I have been through many spiritual experiences and countless aha moments... But at one point, the triad of experiencer, experiencing and experience merges together.. This is the end of seeking.. So right now, there are no distinctions...

Shanmugam 

@Nahm I am asking you a simple question.. When did you first come to know that there is such a thing called 'enlightenment'... You can just answer it, it is not so difficult. :) 

Edited by Shanmugam

Shanmugam 

1 hour ago, Shanmugam said:

@Nahm how long has it been since you heard about enlightenment or non-duality?

4 minutes ago, Shanmugam said:

@Nahm I am asking you a simple question.. When did you first come to know that there is such a thing called 'enlightenment'... You can just answer it, it is not so difficult. :) 

I think you might have had a typo on the first question? You asked how long it’d been since I heard about it.     The first time, probably 26 years ago, roughly. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE