How to be wise

Did Sadhguru Go Mad?

80 posts in this topic

23 hours ago, vizual said:

It's hard to take a man seriously when he is claiming to levitate and walk through walls in his free time. 

Yea, he's pretty much bullshitting. No body can walk through walls, let alone levitate. Before saying such things he should have at least showed some proofs. 

Sarcaste <3 the Sarcasm in Me acknowledges and honors the Sarcasm in You 

You don't know what he is talking about but I'm sure he is.

Until you see him judging others like you do, you have nothing to say :)

12 hours ago, Blissout said:

I don't want to do any work? I bet I am practicing more than any of you on this forum.

If that guy cant give any very basic simple practical advice then I really feel sorry for those who turn up to him.

Not the kind of response you'd expect from someone who practises that much...

Sadhguru rarely gives impractical advice. The only thing he doesn't do is force-feeding you the answers.

I usually find it rather easy to apply a teaching the next day after I watched a video.

If his style doesn't resonate with you, just leave it.

It doesn't make the content less practical or true though. It just means that you couldn't find a way to embody the teaching, but someone else might...

a shore far away, clear the night - gazing into the infinite
the me dissolves, it fears - I cannot hold back my tears
an all-encompassing unity.

@vizual @Zephyr @cirkussmile

Yeah I don't think you guys are quite getting what he's talking about.

(Answering telepathy question) "It's not like i want to generate this thought and give it to you"

"Things will happen to you before you think. An intelligence beyond what you can contain in this bone box (skull)"

Best quote from the whole video:  "Everyone one thinks they are smart, but actually the smartest thing about most people is their phone."

Relevant video: Are psychic powers and telepathy real?

Now do I believe Sadhguru can levitate or go through walls with his physical body? (not that i have seen him say that).

Of course not.

But whatever he is doing in meditation or consciousness or whatever he is aware of is not something that can be perceived with my mind or eyes.

And lets be real here, if the equivalent of a superman appeared in our world, we'd all be blown out of our minds in this miracle but give it a few years as the reality sinks in it would become normal that there is a super hero flying around our planet.

Edited by blazed

On 11/15/2017 at 9:25 AM, vizual said:

It's hard to take a man seriously when he is claiming to levitate and walk through walls in his free time. 

Can anybody provide a source for this? I have watched dozens of his videos but I never heard him say that... 

a shore far away, clear the night - gazing into the infinite
the me dissolves, it fears - I cannot hold back my tears
an all-encompassing unity.

35 minutes ago, Shiva said:

Not the kind of response you'd expect from someone who practises that much...

Sadhguru rarely gives impractical advice. The only thing he doesn't do is force-feeding you the answers.

I usually find it rather easy to apply a teaching the next day after I watched a video.

If his style doesn't resonate with you, just leave it.

It doesn't make the content less practical or true though. It just means that you couldn't find a way to embody the teaching, but someone else might...

Perhaps because you have too much expectations what one is like when putting many hours a day meditating.

As long as there is an ego this is what it is.

I can be all day in a sea of bliss and love... doesn't mean I am going to be kinder to anyone and not state my true honest opinions.

Let's keep it real.

6 minutes ago, Blissout said:

Perhaps because you have too much expectations what one is like when putting many hours a day meditating.

As long as there is an ego this is what it is.

I can be all day in a sea of bliss and love... doesn't mean I am going to be kinder to anyone and not state my true honest opinions.

Let's keep it real.

You're like a modest guy who can't stop talking about how modest he is.

On 15/11/2017 at 7:25 AM, Blissout said:

Don't like him.

People ask him a question and he doesn't get to the point and directly answer it.

And in the end he really doesn't answer the question like the practioner asked.

Next!

13 hours ago, Blissout said:

If that guy cant give any very basic simple practical advice then I really feel sorry for those who turn up to him.

Also I am not looking for any answers. It's pointless and useless as whatever he tells you what the truth is etc... It's just a concept for me... What counts is direct experience.

Also please read what you are writing, In one hand you're saying "I dont like him because he doesnt give me answers" and then you're saying "I am not looking for answers".

27 minutes ago, blazed said:

Also please read what you are writing, In one hand you're saying "I dont like him because he doesnt give me answers" and then you're saying "I am not looking for answers".

Yes, i am not looking for answers.

But I did watch his videos, and when a person asks him a question.. he doesn't give answer to that question.

PS: all the answers are the self.

Edited by Blissout

11 minutes ago, Blissout said:

Yes, i am not looking for answers.

But I did watch his videos, and when a person asks him a question.. he doesn't give answer to that question.

PS: all the answers are the self.

People dont ask him questions like what's 1+1=?

They ask them philosophical questions, what is life? who am i? what am I? what is existence? what is conciousness? what is my purpose? What should I do? How do I find myself,this or that?

What do you expect the guy to give as an answer??? :D

2 minutes ago, blazed said:

People dont ask him questions like what's 1+1=?

They ask them philosophical questions, what is life? who am i? what am I? what is existence? what is conciousness? what is my purpose? What should I do? How do I find myself,this or that?

What do you expect the guy to give as an answer??? :D

That's what I am saying, some ask very simple practical questions and there is no answer.

I have no interest in such questions like you stated above, as they are just concepts... the whole point is to experience it from direct experience.

Until few weeks ago I didn't know what the phrase "seeing the self in everything, seeing god in everything" means...

Now from direct experience I am experiencing this what was a mere concept, fantasy/imagination for me.

That's why I keep repeating on this forum that only practice is what will bring results and not listening to hours of conversations with gurus that talk about the absolute truth

You guys telling fairy tales.. Show the video link where Sadhguru said he can levitate and fly. Don't confuse people... At least if he said that I am pretty sure you misunderstood the context and he was joking.

Sadhguru is a wise enough being to know if he does levitate to keep it to him self. Display of such powers would only serve an injustice to others.

On 15/11/2017 at 0:51 AM, Leo Gura said:

He is hardcore as fuck. He is what I imagine Jesus must have been like.

What makes you say so? I watched a couple of his videos sometime ago, but I didn't find any value in his teachings. Apparently I was really wrong if you compare him to Jesus xD

Do you mind sharing one, or more, of his videos that you think are a must watch? I hope I will realize how big of a mistake I made :)

22 minutes ago, Brivido said:

What makes you say so? I watched a couple of his videos sometime ago, but I didn't find any value in his teachings. Apparently I was really wrong if you compare him to Jesus xD

Do you mind sharing one, or more, of his videos that you think are a must watch? I hope I will realize how big of a mistake I made :)

I think at least this will be a practical one for you lol

25 minutes ago, Brivido said:

"Great wisdom looks like stupidity." -- Lao Tzu

Indeed, you are very wrong. But I will leave it to you to figure that out.

The things being spoke here, none of you are prepared to comprehend yet. Your minds are too closed. You are wasting your time with this mental masturbation. Go self-inquire!

Maybe in 20 years you can come back here and understand.

"Let him that would move the world first move himself." -- Socrates

4 hours ago, Shiva said:

Can anybody provide a source for this? I have watched dozens of his videos but I never heard him say that... 

I haven't heard him saying that could levitate or walk through walls .. But I have heard him saying many things similar..

1) In his biography, it is mentioned that he could see through people's clothes.

2) He once said that he held a cup of water for two minutes and the water tasted sweet: https://www.quora.com/What-are-scientists’-opinions-on-Sadhguru-Jaggi-Vasudevs-IIT-Madras-talk-about-water-having-memory-and-his-abilities-to-manipulate-its-taste-via-telekinesis/answer/Shanmugam-P-12

3) He said in a video that he has the ability to predict future..

4) He has claimed many other things like ability to control disembodied beings, ability to see auras, even making choices for other people regarding their next birth etc..

I know him for the past 13 years.. And I doubt that anyone else here in this forum had such a close opportunity to know him this much. I am totally open minded and skeptical at the same time.. For the first 12 years I had enormous trust on him and thought he is speaking the truth. But now I know that he is lying 90% of the time..

Read this first: https://www.quora.com/What-do-you-think-of-Sadhguru-Jaggi-Vasudev/answer/Shanmugam-P-12

Then I will probably continue..

Shanmugam

The Truth About Spiritual Enlightenment

When I say 'enlightenment' or 'liberation', this is what I mean: Losing the sense of duality i.e the sense of having a separate identity distinct from the rest of the universe.

@Shanmugam Can you provide video link where he says he can predict future?

Edited by egoless

If you want to understand the secrets of the universe, think in terms of Energy, Frequency and Vibration - Nikola Tesla

If you had access to knowledge how to tune/shift your bodies=ultimately = energy> vibratory frequency you can most definitely walk through walls, how do you think they used sound vibrations to move large objects in ancient times?

When you smack a tuning fork, it vibrates to make the sound but do you see it? there yo go :)

Its quite a simple understanding but having the knowledge how to apply it is a wholeeee other level.

See as a child my mission was to gain superpowers then i experienced an Enlightenment through the desire to gain those powers and i completely forgot all about them as soon after i realized those little things weren't even powerful at all and all were pointless to access compared to what i had just realized and experienced.

Walking through walls and levitating is attractive to the curious yet conditioned mind, to the pure or enlightened mind(so to speak) these become of no interest in that infinite moment as it is of no importance and of no need for this time/day/age.

All is well