Grateful Dead

Germany has legalized cannabis

50 posts in this topic

Today the Bundestag voted to legalize cannabis.

Home cultivation will be permitted and there will also be cannabis social clubs with licensed dispensaries. If things go well, the law will come into force on April 1, 2024. However, it could be delayed a bit, but 2024 is certain.

I am very happy about this as I live in the most conservative state of Germany where the cannabis laws were very strict. I'm also excited to see how this will impact culture and society here.

interesting. Herr Scholz is a lot more progressive than Merkel was. 

Who cares about cannabis, they need to legalize psilocybin.

Glory to Israel

1 hour ago, bebotalk said:

interesting. Herr Scholz is a lot more progressive than Merkel was. 

Considering her to have been head of the christian democracy party and him being of the social democratic party that should not be too surprising.

Bout time Germany 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Nice!

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Only a matter of time before US joins

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

4 hours ago, Scholar said:

Who cares about cannabis, they need to legalize psilocybin.

Watch your bias!

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

Finally. This will certainly have effects on other European nations as well, I know here in the Nordics many who haven't thought about the situation much will be reconsidering their views, since Germany is generally quite respected here. 

Sweden is an especially interesting case, they are super progressive in so many ways but generally their views on drugs are highly conservative, at least as they are reflected in the laws. This will surely stir up some cognitive dissonance. 

"Only that which can change can continue."

-James P. Carse

6 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

Me: *trying to quit weed*

Bundestag: "Halte meine Bong"

It's about giving the people back their personal responsibility ;) 

I'm from Germany, too, btw and this is exciting news!

Let's hope the Bundesrat doesn't delay it too much. In theory if all Bundesländer in which the Green Party is part of the coalition would vote neither yes or no, it would go through. The Green Party voted unanimously Yes for legalization in Berlin. So it depends on how many deviants there are in their own party, we'll see...

The reason why some of them want to delay it, even though their party voted Yes on the bill, is that they fear it could overburden the legal system when they have to open all cases again in which people got jail time or fines for cannabis related crimes - because part of the new bill is also a complete retroactive amnesty.

In my opinion this is a terrible reason to delay such an important law change while thousands of people still get charged for cannabis possession today.

All in all I'm quite optimistic though. Let's hope the best.

The Secret of this Universe is You.

my music

new this  would be on the forum, only difference is that it will take cash flow from criminals i say thats a good thing

"You have to allow yourself to not know"- Peter Ralston

das ist gut

429649892_959230922228590_5975444611473645095_n.jpg

Edited by Jehovah increases

Love is the λόγος' of humanity. The very important thing is to Love all flora and fauna of all kinds of species that inhabit the environment. Whether you call it Mother Earth or Gaia etc." To love all beings in the world and Universe with unconditionally Love and unbiased. Humanity doesn't mean only love it includes compassion peace and being kind generous to one another and non-judgmental and having more respect for others, especially your elders. Trying to always see the best in people. Being more authentic and more genuine and having moral integrity and values. Try to think for yourselves somewhere along the way humans have lost the ability to independent thought. Forgive all, especially yourselves, and always speak well of everyone because you never know what they're going through or have been through. Always be there for your family and friends and above all just be you and recognize and embrace your individuality, your own unique beautiful self. Try and love yourself a bit more every day and never stop dreaming or using your wonderful human Imagination.❤♾❤?    

It’s not a good idea. Studies show cannabis destroys the gray matter in your brain, which also correlates with lower levels of concentration, impairment in cognitive functioning, especially when used in adolescence. Not very wise.

All Teachers and Teachings are delusion. You have all the answers within you. The first step on the journey to Enlightenment is questioning all the beliefs and teachings you have ever received. Teachers/Teachings are a distraction/maya at the highest level. There comes a point where you need to trust in your own innate knowledge and derive your own insights into the nature of reality. Teachers make a living and lifestyle of selling you water by the river. You don’t need them. All you need is an insatiable desire for truth and then seriously contemplate reality and uncover all that is false. 

41 minutes ago, r0ckyreed said:

It’s not a good idea. Studies show cannabis destroys the gray matter in your brain, which also correlates with lower levels of concentration, impairment in cognitive functioning, especially when used in adolescence. Not very wise.

Just like beer.

This is great news for Germany!

I wonder how weed legalization will affect one of the most hard-working countries in the world xD

@OBEler

8 minutes ago, shree said:

I wonder how weed legalization will affect one of the most hard-working countries in the world xD

@OBEler

I think those who want to try out weed already have tried out. Therefore I think the effect will be not noticable at all. 

But If doctors begin to abuse this medicine and recommend many people to try it out there could be a problem. But even that is not possible in Germany because corruption is low.such things as oxycontine epidemic are never possible thanks to the strict laws.

Overall nothing changes.

Europe is oddly regressive when it comes to weed and psyches.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.