Grateful Dead

Germany has legalized cannabis

50 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, Ima Freeman said:

Considering her to have been head of the christian democracy party and him being of the social democratic party that should not be too surprising.

Well even centre-right parties can be progressive. Not all people in a party are alike. Some GOP peole in the USA are pro-abortion for instance. Is there a point?

57 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Europe is oddly regressive when it comes to weed and psyches.

But your USA has banned abortion in half of its states. And isn't that more progressive on drugs as it stands. And also bans prostitution in most of the country, and said states that have outlawed abortion want to also curb trans rights. Regressive?

8 hours ago, r0ckyreed said:

It’s not a good idea. Studies show cannabis destroys the gray matter in your brain, which also correlates with lower levels of concentration, impairment in cognitive functioning, especially when used in adolescence. Not very wise.

This is the classic misconception that cannabis=harmful (in some cases) means that legalization=bad.

Legalization is about facing the problem, controlling the disbursement, increasing youth protection and making available a clean product for mature adults that are able to make their own decisions.

Making something legal doesn't mean it's not dangerous. It shouldn't be required to make everything dangerous illegal, especially if there are completely valid use cases. Instead the focus should be put more on clarification of the risks and benefits so that people can make their own educated decisions.

There are two approaches to drugs that are the worst: Completely unregulated & completely prohibited. We have to find a middle way.

Drugs are an amazing part of this reality, but they are also dangerous. It all depends on the circumstances and personality/biology of the user.

There never was a civilization that was completely free of drugs and to try to achieve that is not only futile, but not intelligent. We have to strive for a meaningful integration of drugs into society. That also would make them less dangerous because now there'd be a societal framework in which drug use can happen that goes beyond "do it and you'll be homeless or imprisoned", which becomes a self fulfilling prophecy, as we can see again and again.

There's much development still to be had in this area for humanity.

The Secret of this Universe is You.

my music

22 minutes ago, bebotalk said:

But your USA has banned abortion in half of its states. And isn't that more progressive on drugs as it stands. And also bans prostitution in most of the country, and said states that have outlawed abortion want to also curb trans rights. Regressive?

Hence I said, on weed and psychedelics.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

13 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Hence I said, on weed and psychedelics.

Not everywhere in the USA has legalised weed, or let alone decriminalised it. 

As I understand, your federal government still outlaws it. So it's not really that much more open on weed. 

Just your point is inaccurate, and it's a false "dunk" on Europe. 

Edited by bebotalk

16 minutes ago, vibv said:

This is the classic misconception that cannabis=harmful (in some cases) means that legalization=bad.

Legalization is about facing the problem, controlling the disbursement, increasing youth protection and making available a clean product for mature adults that are able to make their own decisions.

Making something legal doesn't mean it's not dangerous. It shouldn't be required to make everything dangerous illegal, especially if there are completely valid use cases. Instead the focus should be put more on clarification of the risks and benefits so that people can make their own educated decisions.

There are two approaches to drugs that are the worst: Completely unregulated & completely prohibited. We have to find a middle way.

Drugs are an amazing part of this reality, but they are also dangerous. It all depends on the circumstances and personality/biology of the user.

There never was a civilization that was completely free of drugs and to try to achieve that is not only futile, but not intelligent. We have to strive for a meaningful integration of drugs into society. That also would make them less dangerous because now there'd be a societal framework in which drug use can happen that goes beyond "do it and you'll be homeless or imprisoned", which becomes a self fulfilling prophecy, as we can see again and again.

They have a point. Cannabis can be unhealthy in some circumstances, though it's not a gateway drug. even still, pople shou;d have the choice to use it or not. 

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I think it comes from there being a strong rule of law, and the ban on drugs is very high-level due to open borders and free trade in the Schengen Area, so it's really hard to change it. There's no easy option to legalize it in just one city or one country. It's an issue that the whole EU has to move on in some way for a change to happen.

Even what the Netherlands did in the past, it was allowing to sell illegal weed in legal coffeeshops, by no means was it legalization.

14 hours ago, vibv said:

You make some good points. I am not sure what the stipulations of that law are. But I think it should only be legal for medicinal use and not recreationally. From my experience, legalization = more people using. Because somehow people get this idea that if it is legal, then it is okay.

In America, we make a lot of things legal that are destroying adults and youths health. I am more liberal because I don’t think people are wise enough to make responsible choices. If you look at Covid, many people didn’t make the wise choice of choosing vaccines and masks.

I am not saying that ice cream should be illegal. But it is the governments job to protect the public and community. If weed is legal recreationally, it will be harder to enforce laws of people using it in the wrong ways such as driving while high, going into restaurants while high. It should be like alcohol that if they catch you using it on the streets, you are getting fined.

You need to use the substance in a controlled area like a bar or at your own home. I honestly don’t know the answer to the hard questions, but I exercise caution in legalizing drugs. As much as I want psychedelics legalized, I see so many people even on here abusing them. What do you think the average person will do with these dangerous substances especially with significant mental health issues?

I think we honestly need a drug license just like we have a drivers license. People need to see a psychologist and do a psychological evaluation before they are able to have a license to drink, smoke, and use psychedelics. It’s just like gun control. We need drug control. However, that is a whole other issue that I think the USA needs to have a psych eval for that too and not just a background check.

Edited by r0ckyreed

All Teachers and Teachings are delusion. You have all the answers within you. The first step on the journey to Enlightenment is questioning all the beliefs and teachings you have ever received. Teachers/Teachings are a distraction/maya at the highest level. There comes a point where you need to trust in your own innate knowledge and derive your own insights into the nature of reality. Teachers make a living and lifestyle of selling you water by the river. You don’t need them. All you need is an insatiable desire for truth and then seriously contemplate reality and uncover all that is false. 

Now everyone can be a little bit calmer while they watch capitalism run Germany into the ground.

I never put weed and Germany together in my head, interesting indeed.

10 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Meanwhile last time I was in Europe everyone smoked cigarettes including like 12 year olds

Edited by Paradoxed

I am not in favor of weed but generally speaking it’s good for lowering crime rate. I guess the ideal for me will be that everyone will smoke but I won’t😅 I am a calm person by my nature.

4 hours ago, Paradoxed said:

Meanwhile last time I was in Europe everyone smoked cigarettes including like 12 year olds

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Grateful Dead

On 23/02/2024 at 4:02 PM, Grateful Dead said:

Today the Bundestag voted to legalize cannabis.

Home cultivation will be permitted and there will also be cannabis social clubs with licensed dispensaries. If things go well, the law will come into force on April 1, 2024. However, it could be delayed a bit, but 2024 is certain.

I am very happy about this as I live in the most conservative state of Germany where the cannabis laws were very strict. I'm also excited to see how this will impact culture and society here.

I predict an increase of cannibis addiction. Bad mistake to start legalisation of weed, they should have skipped to legalise psychedelics like psilocybin or even LSD, in fact lefalize LSD and put it back into their 12 step program!

@Heaven

On 24/02/2024 at 11:10 PM, Heaven said:

I am not in favor of weed but generally speaking it’s good for lowering crime rate. I guess the ideal for me will be that everyone will smoke but I won’t😅 I am a calm person by my nature.

General speaking weed also increases addiction patterns, and wjile yes may lower crime rates, that doesn't mean you take my weed. Hands off my weed.

@bebotalk

On 24/02/2024 at 10:45 AM, bebotalk said:

It's simple: Birthrates declining rapidly thanks to capitalism, multiculturalism, secularism and feminism on the rise. Too long working hours, too much career oriented female workers, bot enough social or state orthodoxy supporting family units, and high divorce rates leads to declines in birthrate and reproduction of society's citizenry. Too much human decency decline and moral degradation of westernized countries, and some eastern countries too like South Korea and Japan.

13 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

they should have skipped to legalise psychedelics like psilocybin or even LSD, in fact lefalize LSD and put it back into their 12 step program!

I hope this is the first step also towards psychedelic therapy in Germany.

13 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

I predict an increase of cannibis addiction. Bad mistake to start legalisation of weed,

Studies from other countries that legalized say different . A friend of mine works at a drug help center and is now writing his bachelor about the impact of the cannabis legalization on drughelp centers. He says that in long term it will have only positive impacts. I think so too, as most experts do.

On 23.2.2024 at 6:42 PM, Ima Freeman said:

@Grateful Dead You are a Bavarian? Haha, would have never guessed that :D

Lol I know 😂

@Grateful Dead

2 minutes ago, Grateful Dead said:

I hope this is the first step also towards psychedelic therapy in Germany.

Studies from other countries that legalized say different . A friend of mine works at a drug help center and is now writing his bachelor about the impact of the cannabis legalization on drughelp centers. He says that in long term it will have only positive impacts. I think so too, as most experts do.

Lol I know 😂

Could you provide some links to some studies of other countries showing the positive impacts on Cannabis legalization? Also your friend's bachelor about the impact of cannabis legalization on drug help centers versus the data when LSD was used in those drug centers? 

2 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

@Grateful Dead

Could you provide some links to some studies of other countries showing the positive impacts on Cannabis legalization? Also your friend's bachelor about the impact of cannabis legalization on drug help centers versus the data when LSD was used in those drug centers? 

Just google it. They don't use LSD at drug help centers, what do you mean? People with drug problems come there and they get help.

28 minutes ago, Grateful Dead said:

He says that in long term it will have only positive impacts. I think so too, as most experts do.

As a long term medical cannabis user, I feel I am an “expert” in this field and agree!

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI