BlessedLion

Ralston Gives A Clear Answer To Metaphysical Love Question

1,194 posts in this topic

For a guy who doesn’t want to talk about Love, he surely gets a lot of it here xD

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

I'm not gonna explain anything more to you. Go spend 10 years figuring it out until you choke on all that spiritual bullshit you've filled your head with.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

5 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I'm not gonna explain anything more to you. Go spend 10 years figuring it out until you choke on all that spiritual bullshit you've filled your head with.

If a spider species evolved that does not have psychological love for anything, I don't think it would refer to what you call Love as love. It doesn't make much sense, therefore it could be that the conceptual frame you use is tied to what you are as a human being and how you relate to the qualities of existence. I believe that is Ralstons point.

Edited by Scholar

Glory to Israel

@Scholar If Ralston is not conscious enough to understand Love, a spider certainly won't be either.

God does not care if you rise to its level of consciousness. And if you don't, you will never understand Love. And if you do, you will regardless of how many legs you have.

Edited by Leo Gura

1 hour ago, Water by the River said:

How do/can you know? Met & checked with everyone personally on the planet? 

He's the only one that got it right, all the other teachers are wrong ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Osaid

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

14 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Scholar If Ralston is not conscious enough to understand Love, a spider certainly won't be either.

God does not care if you rise to its level of consciousness. And if you don't, you will never understand Love. And if you do, you will regardless of how many legs you have.

But why relate it to the human emotion of love?

Glory to Israel

3 minutes ago, Scholar said:

But why relate it to the human emotion of love?

Why relate a duck to the human concept of energy?

Edited by Leo Gura

6 minutes ago, Francis777 said:

@Leo Gura is this not what I just said? in that love doesn't care if you awaken or not?

You’re onto something. 

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

7 minutes ago, Francis777 said:

@Leo Gura is this not what I just said? in that love doesn't care if you awaken or not?

I wasn't talking to you.

;)

50 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Oh you have two episodes explaining what LOVE is .and I watched them both and I fully understand what love is .not sure what the fuss is about. 

You have no idea what LOVE is.

@Leo Gura i know, i was chiming in on your conversation with scholar, with your comment about god not caring if you rise to its level of consciousness

51 minutes ago, Scholar said:

If a spider species evolved that does not have psychological love for anything, I don't think it would refer to what you call Love as love. It doesn't make much sense, therefore it could be that the conceptual frame you use is tied to what you are as a human being and how you relate to the qualities of existence. I believe that is Ralstons point.

This is on the right track. If this "Love" is truth, then any experience should have the capacity for it.

The reason Leo feels the need to call it love is because there is a fundamental and existential aspect of existence which DOES tie into human emotions and love, and it turns it into something which is all-encompassing (since reality is one), to the point where even something like a glass of water is imbued with it. But no one who hears "love" is going to imagine a glass of water, so it really does fall short. It truly is like trying to describe color. It just does not matter that someone puts ideas of love inside of your head, and this has actually become a big distraction.

The spider is actually experiencing it, but it cannot conceptualize it like Leo is doing, because it's a spider. Note that on the flipside, the spider does not experience any kind of hate or lack of love, and this is kind of how the spider experiences this "love", which is just an absence of the ability to hate. The spider has never hated anything in its entire existence, because it literally can't. When there is no imagined self, experience is unable to hate itself. Leo is confusing conceptual understanding with the actual thing itself, in the same way you can have a conceptual understanding about the color red, but it is not the color red itself. The spider does not need the capacity to think to experience Love, because it is not something you think, it is an experience, in the EXACT same way how the spider experiences the tactile sensation of the floor it crawls on without thinking about it. It's just simply not something you have to put a conscious effort in understanding, you're either aware of this love or you aren't, like a binary. Because the spider does not have the capacity to imagine a partitioned version of itself, it is experiencing this love, but obviously it is unable to fantasize about it or even think about it, because it truly is just something to be experienced and not thought of. 

Only humans are capable of becoming unenlightened. When you're comparing this to animals, you need to understand that you are anthropomorphizing them because a lot of them have no experience where they experienced a lack of love simply due to their inability to use imagination with the same intelligence that humans do. There's no contrast of "I used to hate experience, but now I love experience!" for them. This is not a dialogue or revelation that happens in the mind of spiders or most animals.

Edited by Osaid

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

25 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You have no idea what LOVE is.

? lol 

Whatever  floats your boat:)..but just wanted to say that I am toying around with the idea that you can't force anything on others or judge who is more awake and who knows more what fucking "LOVE " is ..I'm not playing this spiritual dick measuring contest game anymore .

Like for instance..parents/teachers tend to force so much stuff like ..."you have to do this and that" but then we do it but we didn't pick to do it and then there is the anxiety and frustration. I see through your tactics Leo ;)

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

Not sure about Leo and won't be able to tell in the end, but the most likely scenario is that nobody here has become conscious of what love is. We should start with that.

3 hours ago, Osaid said:

Ralston said he doesn't want to give his students answers. Yes. Exactly. You don't exist as an answer. The search for answers and conclusions and meanings is the "problem" to begin with. All these teachings are just serving the purpose of pointing at reality and saying "look, you fool, it's right here, this is you, you are this." Any conclusion or answer is instantly metabolized by the unenlightened mind and turned into a belief system, as is rampant across the forum. Existence is not a conclusion

This philosophical position cannot hold itself. The point of long development is not to discard all systems and conclusions, because that is itself a conclusion. From a deep contemplation of the impossibility of having a mind and a sense of reality without models, you become construct aware or paradigm aware.

You work within models, systems and paradigms, you accept that you are trapped in this reality but now your are conscious. Your mind grasps the inner workings that construct your world view. You take ownership of the very fabric of sense making and become aware of it's limitations and boundaries, what it can do and what it can't do. You are flexible and can change your mind skillfully.

This is a much more mature position than just saying, oh the limitations of models, descriptions, answers and systems, what can we do. Ken Wilber in his book Sex, Ecology, Spirituality makes a great job in highlighting this blind spot, if you are interested in researching deeper what I have just said. It's also explained in Susanne Cook-Greuter's research in the stage of Construct-Aware / Magician

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_MNZaCpAws&t=169s

Unconditional Love vs human love

@Leo Gura @Water by the River @Osaid @Razard86

TLDR:

„Merging into the Source was the most intense experience I’ve ever had. And that is one of the attributes of Unconditional Love, its intensity! The emotions that we have, when we’re out of this bodies are far more intense than anything we’ve ever experienced in the body. The body does kind of filter out a lot of the emotions that we are capable of. Imagine being moved to tears by something, like by love, beauty or gratitude. The Unconditional Love that we feel in the afterlife is like a hundred or a thousand times more intense than that. Take that feeling and take away the tears and substitute joy and then turn it around and send it back to yourself. That will give you a tiny little taste, of what Unconditional Love really feels like.

When I had a flashback of how I merged with Source and I felt that Unconditional Love, it was so intense that it made me feel sick, it was like being electrocuted. Even though it was an incredible experience while out of the body, while in the body, that level of intensity can be frightening and disorienting, if you’ve never felt it before.

Unconditional Love is something that is completely irresistible. That is how we feel when we are drawn into Unconditional Love. And the reason for that is because Source is Unconditional Love, which is not an emotion, it’s not like anything humans feel. It’s actually the words that we use to describe Source’s energy. The closer we get to the Source, the more the energy we feel, the more intense it gets and the more attracted we are. So Unconditional Love is more a sense of being drawn to a power source, than it is a response to another being.”

Edited by Bufo Alvarius