BlessedLion

Ralston Gives A Clear Answer To Metaphysical Love Question

1,194 posts in this topic

@Leo Gura

All these people still provide enormous value to society despite having some limitations, right? 

I often times way too critical of people too, even of the most conscious ones, and I sort of start playing the avoidance game, not really engaging with them. 

But this seems like a trap. I feel like we all need more higher consciousness socialization, even if some people will have certain limits

Perfectionism is damaging here too it seems like

Edited by Hello from Russia

1 hour ago, BlessedLion said:

That helps clarify, thank you. I can't deny this overwhelming intuition that reality and life is just an unfoldment of self love and so any teaching that doesn't at least mention that can deter me. 

Enlightenment is really not a teaching. Any teaching is not it, it just leads up to it. Enlightenment is a permanent recontextualization of your experience. It's like seeing the color red, you can't teach the color red, it's just something you get to experience. So whatever description or teaching that comes before it doesn't matter as long as it actually gets you there.

I can assure you that Ralston is conscious enough to exist in a state where he is incapable of hating himself, and that he would not affirm for you to do the opposite. There's no need for him to tell you that. So you know he's achieved SOME state of peace/equilibrium within himself. He just wants you to figure that out at the moment of realization because that's really the only accurate way of figuring it out. 

I'm sure there are profound communications about the mechanics of love which are pointing to something true, but they are just communications and ideas, so they will never be as holistic as the real singular thing which is just enlightenment/consciousness as Ralston calls it. Those communications, as beautiful as they may be, are just breadcrumbs leading to the actual thing.

Anyways, good luck.

Edited by Osaid

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

47 minutes ago, Hello from Russia said:

All these people still provide enormous value to society despite having some limitations, right?

Right, until you outgrow them.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

This video is pretty damn clear 

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

@Osaid Thanks so many people here misunderstood Peter Ralston, including Leo gura. @Leo Gura, you interviewed him, he clearly says he knows about the truth of universal love but jusr dont want to mislead people because many cults overuse this word to catch them. 

Your last post Shows that you misunderstood him, even thought he gave you a total clear answer years ago. That shows that you dont really look into what other gurus say and dismiss them too fast just because they have other style of teaching or use other terminology. Many of them like sadghuru know too much, but they cannot tell the massess of people following them because too many of them will misunderstand. 

Sure, love is among the first manifestations when a world is manifested, just because something arises and that arises in Unity/Underlying Love. Can't be any different. For anything to arise space/time is imagined among the first arisings/archetypes, and that always includes primordial love.

Where is love in deep unaware sleep? Still a potential, one of the first arisings to manifest if a worlds gets imagined again, or anything arises at all... That answers the ontological primacy of  Infinite Reality/Absolute vs. its first manifestations/archetypes/arisings. Reality can be perfectly unaware of itself when nothing arises... yet with the potential of awareness.

The Absolute is that which is always the case, even in deep unaware sleep. The Truth is always the case. Reality is always the case. And that Reality can’t be described with anything (because it is infinite), only pointed towards. And it can be realized as ones True Being, and then pointed to. But it can not be labeled with its first manifesting archetypes x/y/z. IT is beyond that.

And if that is not known, realized or understood, because the Absolute is still loaded with properties and not really the infinite empty Absolute, well maybe... it is not the end of the story.

49 minutes ago, OBEler said:

he clearly says he knows about the truth of universal love but jusr dont want to mislead people

No, he said love is a relative experience.

And he is misleading people by telling them that love is just a human emotion.

I understand his position. He doesn't want a bunch of New Age crap to infect his teachings. But Love is not merely a New Age thing, like astrology, that can be dismissed as a human invention, Love is fundamental to Consciousness. Ralston does not teach that.

You figure out for yourself who's right.

Edited by Leo Gura

Consciousness is Love.

Love is Consciousness.

Consciousness loves itself fully that's what makes it free, trascendental and independent of state.

Love is itself an endless flowering of infinity and consciousness is identical to infinity.

It is from God that Consciousness, Truth and Love are innate properties. Like light and colour, fire and heat, water and wet. We can divide this One Reality (God) in infinite distinctions and the first distinctions are Consciousness, Truth and Love.

@Leo Gura at the beginning he said it's a relative thing, an Emotion. There he referrs to those Hippies who use this word love regulary without knowing truth. 

Listen to 2:24. There he talks about the real universal love. He said it's a side effect of enlightenment. A deep connection to everyone and everything because you are everything. So he realized Love. He just dont want to talk about because  it misleads people. 

Edited by OBEler

@OBEler

I understand your point but if you truly have realized Love I don't think you cannot talk about it. Being the case that you are an enlightenment teacher and it's your job. It's like being physicist discovering einsten law and then not speaking about it because you don't want to mislead people from the newtonian paradigm. It has common sense in the beggining but upon further investigation that argument doesn't hold itself.

If Ralston knew what Love and God are (at a significant level, it's all about degrees), he would stress it in his work. As he does with literally everything else he teaches.

@Davino I think you overthinking too much when he in an interview is confronted with something he tries to explain but is extremely careful with his words so no one will misunderstand him. Thats not a lack of explanation or lack of realization about universal Love. It's just that he is careful not setting false seeds into all his followers. 

Why Do you come to the conclusion that he would stress it into his work? He clearly explained that people should realize for themselves and people will just misunderstand if he talks about Love. It's the same with Leo talking about Solipsism. He also decided not to talk about it anymore for the same reasons. He even deleted the video. 

Edited by OBEler

55 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

No, he said love is a relative experience.

And he is misleading people by telling them that love is just a human emotion.

I understand his position. He doesn't want a bunch of New Age crap to infect his teachings. But Love is not merely a New Age thing, like astrology, that can be dismissed as a human invention, Love is fundamental to Consciousness. Ralston does not teach that.

You figure out for yourself who's right.

All emotions are fundamental to consciousness. Love is just the purest form of consciousness while other emotions like hate are a far less pure form of consciousness.

1 minute ago, Davino said:

It is from God that Consciousness, Truth and Love are innate properties. Like light and colour, fire and heat, water and wet. We can divide this One Reality (God) in infinite distinctions and the first distinctions are Consciousness, Truth and Love.

Yes. 

And what is before these distinction (Consciousness, Truth and Love)? Before anything arises that a distinction could be made of? Before the capability of making a distinction (which is itself an arising moving within Reality) is there? Before the referents (Consciousness, Truth and Love) of these distinctions even appear/arise/manifest in the first place?

There are states in which none of these distinctions arise, nor their referents (Consciousness, Truth and Love) , like deep unaware Sleep, forms of Nirvikalpa and other states. And the Absolute still is, always.

@OBEler

Am I overthinking too much or is it you that is trying to project onto Ralston something which upon most evidence seems to not be the case. It's not about the specific interview, in fact the interview just reflects what we are talking about. What do you thing sourcred Leo's question back then? 

Ralston has realized Love to a certain degree, he is so awake that he must have encoutered it, in one way or the other. All I'm saying is that in the infinite pool of realizations not all infinites are as infinite, but consciousness, truth and love are (while God is the whole spectrum) and if you have gone deep enough in the Love you must talk about it, there's no way arround. Leo does not talk about solipsism explicitly but he does implicitly, Ralston seems to be quite obscure if he is trying to lead people to realize existential Love. If he then wants to keep that to himself, why so? And I would think Love would permeate his teachings in a way they don't now.

However, that's fine Ralston is great in other domains. Like Body Consciousness, he's like light years ahead from any spiritual teacher in that domain. Learn what you need to learn about each person, but don't push english literature onto your math teacher. One teacher cannot teach all subjects.

15 minutes ago, Water by the River said:

And what is before these distinction (Consciousness, Truth and Love)? Before anything arises that a distinction could be made of? Before the capability of making a distinction (which is itself an arising moving within Reality) is there? Before the referents (Consciousness, Truth and Love) of these distinctions even appear/arise/manifest in the first place?

God

15 minutes ago, Water by the River said:

There are states in which none of these distinctions arise, nor their referents (Consciousness, Truth and Love) , like deep unaware Sleep, forms of Nirvikalpa and other states. And the Absolute still is, always.

Yes I call the Absolute God but there is not much to say about it... Thats why we talk about it's workings and distinctions, it's play and nature. However, if you wanna be strict, we'll say God and shut up for eternity.

1 hour ago, OBEler said:

Listen to 2:24.

Lol, I was there when he said it.

There he talks about the real universal love. He said it's a side effect of enlightenment. A deep connection to everyone and everything because you are everything. So he realized Love. He just dont want to talk about because  it misleads people. 

No! He's not talking about what I am talking about. When I say LOVE I am not talking about compassion or helping people or any such human thing, nor a side effect of enlightenment.

He did not address the issue of metaphysical love. He addressed the human emotion.

Ralston does not actually tell you what Love is -- its existential nature. He misleads you by getting you to believe that it is impossible to have an awakening into the nature of Love. It would be like you asking him, what is the I? And he told you, the I is just an illusion invented by humans so don't think about it. This confuses the I with the human ego, like Love is being confused with human emotions.

The only point of all this talk is for you to realize that there is a distinct realization/Awakening which you can have on the question of What is Love?

Either you will have it or you won't. And it has nothing to do with how compassionate or good you are towards others.

Edited by Leo Gura

Ralston is NOT AWAKE.

4 hours ago, OBEler said:

Listen to 2:24. There he talks about the real universal love. He said it's a side effect of enlightenment. A deep connection to everyone and everything because you are everything. So he realized Love. He just dont want to talk about because  it misleads people. 

You get it.

It's clear how easy it is for people to fall into believing good-sounding claims about love. It makes us feel good. You can see they want to eat it up indiscriminately. How come?

Doing this easily leads to fantasizing about it rather than grasping it. We must start by admitting we don't know what love is.

Why do you want to contemplate love but not death and suffering? There might be a bias there.

You don't call an experience of dog shit an experience of love. Why?

Edited by UnbornTao

3 minutes ago, UnbornTao said:

You don't call an experience of dog shit an experience of love. Why?

Only because YOU ARE NOT AWAKE!

No one here has one fucking clue what LOVE is. No one.

The only one on this planet who understands LOVE is me.

Edited by Leo Gura