BlessedLion

Ralston Gives A Clear Answer To Metaphysical Love Question

1,194 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Only because YOU ARE NOT AWAKE!

No one here has one fucking clue what LOVE is. No one.

The only one on this planet who understands LOVE is me.

Love can be applied practically in infinite varieties thus making it hard to describe verbally. I think we all recognize love when we see or feel it.. so definitions are quite useless anyways.

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

13 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Only because YOU ARE NOT AWAKE!

No one here has one fucking clue what LOVE is. No one.

The only one on this planet who understands LOVE is me.

Me? You are right ! I am the king of the sovereign kingdom of LOVE. :x

7 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Love can be applied practically in infinite varieties thus making it hard to describe verbally. I think we all recognize love when we see or feel it.. so definitions are quite useless anyways.

You have no idea what LOVE is.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I do not know whether Peter R. realizes that LOVE is Consciousness or anything related to it. He certainly just did not want to confuse people in sense that one can be lost in human emotion itself, which is the way how some yogi realize it. There are multiple facets of the diamond.

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

No, he said love is a relative experience.

Of course it is relatively experienced. You know, love with a lowercase l, which is different from enlightenment. When something is tangled up in ego it's hard to call it universal love, it is quite relative. 

Relative love is like a constricted method of siphoning a small part of universal love, so to speak. For the most part it's based on reason and feeling, and it comes from loving ideas about reality rather than reality itself.

And he is misleading people by telling them that love is just a human emotion.

He says for most people it is, and this is entirely true.

When you tell someone who is not conscious of "Love" what love is, they will NOT understand what it is, they will entice themselves and mislead themselves through their own imagination because they are NOT conscious of "absolute love" and they are not enlightened. 

I understand his position. He doesn't want a bunch of New Age crap to infect his teachings. But Love is not merely a New Age thing, like astrology, that can be dismissed as a human invention, Love is fundamental to Consciousness. Ralston does not teach that.

His position is that he doesn't want to entice people. If you tell someone who is not enlightened or conscious about "universal love" what love is, their minds will 100% warp it, because whatever their mind comes up with is not it.

Ralston teaches enlightenment. Not ideas about love as you do.

You do not need to know about love or be taught about love to achieve enlightenment. It's just a singular secular thing that happens in your experience, and then as a side effect all your emotions including love and what else become recontextualized. This love with a capital L is not a teaching, and you don't need to be taught it to experience it, I know you know this because you have experienced it. So it makes no sense for you to fault Ralston for not teaching it, because if you're not directly conscious of "Love" then any description of this love will just exist as an enticement, nothing else.

Edited by Osaid

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

7 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You have no idea what LOVE is.

Stop and slow down. You’re not fooling anyone here dude.  Spiritual people since the dawn of time knew what unconditional love is.

Yet anyone here claiming  to  know love or have some degree of awakening you meet them with mockery.. cynicism..and you start making it personal .. to deflect from looking at your own inner self talk and  behaviors.  You gotta notice when that happens.

I believe you struggle to do that because you haven’t realized how important it is to see through judgement of others when you don't know what They know. especially in regard to awakening. 

-Osho

5 minutes ago, archi said:

I do not know whether Peter R. realizes that LOVE is Consciousness or anything related to it. He certainly just did not want to confuse people in sense that one can be lost in human emotion itself, which is the way how some yogi realize it. There are multiple facets of the diamond.

He sure confused all of you into thinking LOVE doesn't exist.

And ya'll are stupid enough to believe him.

Edited by Leo Gura

What is love then? Go contemplate.

Edited by UnbornTao

@Leo Gura he said love is the deep connection to everything because you are everything. Thats not human love or human Emotion but clearly metaphysical love he is talking about. 

Some seconds before he said "you know I dont talk about the other side". He is pointing the whole time to metaphysical love but you dismiss it. 

I am not awake but I can read between the lines if there is someone like Ralston who want to keep things in silence because you should experience it for yourself 

Edited by OBEler

13 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Ralston has mistaken love for a human emotion. He's not actually conscious of what love is. Ralston suffers from an overly narrow, reductionist notion of consciousness. Same mistake as the Buddhists make.

In the end, if you never realize that God is Love, all your enlightenments are a game.

His point would be that if what we call love normally is a human emotion, and the Love you talk about is not that human emotion, there is no reason to call it, and refer to it as, Love in the first place.

Glory to Israel

Love is the acceptance and embrace of EXACTLY how reality is. 

It is having ZERO desire to change whatever God dreams due to bias.

Awakening to Love is realising that there is ZERO difference between a super model and dog shit and as such surrendering all preference between the two, because they are identical. 

A key point here that I think a lot of people keep skipping over is that love is not grounded in anything, you cant "find" love, you cant "have" love. You can only BE love because love is a facet of consciousness/god in which God rejects ZERO "parts" of itself, even so realizing that it's self doesn't have parts.

edit: truth goes hand in hand with love, to deny truth is to not love

is this along the right tracks Leo?

Edited by Francis777

Any description of love is enticement, of course, because it's a description. It's not the actual thing. So it's not necessary at all. The universe has no problem being exactly what it is and it doesn't need you to turn it into a description.

It's like describing the color red, a description is never the color red, and so it is ultimately not necessary for perceiving red, and when you DO perceive red, the color itself is of course TOTALLY different than the description.

Ralston said he doesn't want to give his students answers. Yes. Exactly. You don't exist as an answer. The search for answers and conclusions and meanings is the "problem" to begin with. All these teachings are just serving the purpose of pointing at reality and saying "look, you fool, it's right here, this is you, you are this." Any conclusion or answer is instantly metabolized by the unenlightened mind and turned into a belief system, as is rampant across the forum. Existence is not a conclusion.

Really grock this: Leo had no idea about this "Love" when he discovered it. It came to him out of nowhere. Now, why is it your standard that all teachers must mention this word prior to your own discovery? Because Leo said so? Because you want someone to coddle to your beliefs and experiences about love? Or maybe you're scared that enlightenment has nothing to do with love? How are you projecting this standard onto enlightenment when you yourself aren't enlightened in the first place? It must be belief.

Edited by Osaid

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

17 minutes ago, Francis777 said:

Love is the acceptance and embrace of EXACTLY how reality is. 

It is having ZERO desire to change whatever God dreams due to bias.

Awakening to Love is realising that there is ZERO difference between a super model and dog shit and as such surrendering all preference between the two, because they are identical. 

A key point here that I think a lot of people keep skipping over is that love is not grounded in anything, you cant "find" love, you cant "have" love. You can only BE love because love is a facet of consciousness/god in which God rejects ZERO "parts" of itself, even so realizing that it's self doesn't have parts.

is this along the right tracks Leo?

If Love is acceptance, then it is nothing at all. Because acceptance is just a lack of resistance.

If there is no resistance, which is an egoic dynamic, all that is left is existence.

A pure existence is of something lacking resistance already is fully "accepted". It just exists, which is what it means for something to be accepted.

Glory to Israel

Love is an infinite awareness of unity, it is complete appreciation and awe of the beauty and miracle of what you are. The entire theme of life is a romance with oneself. You could call God Self-Absorbed. God is perfectly Selfless, and Selfish all at the same time. When God is aware of its constructed Self....it cannot stop admiring its own beauty. This is why God is perfect Self-Love. God is like a human staring in the mirror in awe at what it sees.

So what do you think the purpose of your life is? To truly discover yourself...is to be in awe at yourself. 

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

15 minutes ago, Scholar said:

If Love is acceptance, then it is nothing at all. Because acceptance is just a lack of resistance.

If there is no resistance, which is an egoic dynamic, all that is left is existence.

A pure existence is of something lacking resistance already is fully "accepted". It just exists, which is what it means for something to be accepted.

that's the point! of course its nothing, consciousness is nothing! that's the only way it can be infinite. its a facet of consciousness in that it doesn't reject  whatever it dreams up. Love is metaphysical because consciousness is metaphysical, it just dreams up the illusions that its not so it wake up to itself all over again.

It seems that there are people here very attached to concepts, who say, reality is love, etc. and what is love? It's a word, right? and each one interprets it in a different way, then saying that reality is love is nonsense. reality is reality, and if you have reached the bottom of reality and want to define it, you can try to make your realization appear with different words, examples, try show what you have seen, but say: reality is love, and those who say no are not awake, it does not make any sense, love is just a word. Ah no, I'm talking about mystical love. It's the same, it's another word. 

13 minutes ago, Razard86 said:

beauty and miracle of what you are. The entire theme of life is a romance with oneself

and what if it see's itself murdering and raping a child? Love does not care whether you do or don't see yourself as a miracle or whether you do or don't see beauty and am in awe at yourself. I think your still falling into bias, love is so much more radical any human notion of beauty you have. Love doesn't involve itself with any duality, whether you do or don't admire yourself or awaken to your own beauty does not matter to love.

1 hour ago, Scholar said:

His point would be that if what we call love normally is a human emotion, and the Love you talk about is not that human emotion, there is no reason to call it, and refer to it as, Love in the first place.

There is big reason. And the only one who would say something so stupid is one who never AWOKE to LOVE.

21 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

There is big reason. And the only one who would say something so stupid is one who never AWOKE to LOVE.

What would be the reason then? Would a being that has a different psychology to human beings refer to it as love?

Glory to Israel

@Leo Gura my man..do you seriously think that just by Capitalizing the words "LOVE " and "AWAKENING " that now you have explained them  ? 

You say no one understands LOVE but you. OK then tell us the mystery? What is love ?

Oh you have two episodes explaining what LOVE is .and I watched them both and I fully understand what love is .not sure what the fuss is about. 

-Osho