Omni

This forum is not healthy

83 posts in this topic

Just now, Sugarcoat said:

I’m attracted to everything ?

Tell me you love me.

1 minute ago, Sugarcoat said:

You are right,  I’ve thought about it too to write some thanks but it has seemed a bit cheesy to me  . but it is truly an amazing place!!

exactly. What we are attracted to reveals us something about ourselves, it does something to us that we feel drawn to experience . This forum is more to me than just the content and the words. It’s like these energies interacting and I can feel movement within myself too.  I guess it depends on one’s sensitivity what one is able to sense. 

Also if you are independent and autonomous enough it doesn’t really matter that much what others are doing or saying you’re able to extract the benefits for yourself and interact in your own way that aligns with you. At least how I see it

Your last paragraph says it all. When I say be more grateful, not so much starting a thread about it or just saying thank you for the hell of it but like if someone makes a comment or posted a video or a statement or whatever, that made an impact on you positively, to sometimes acknowledge that. Or just thanking Leo for creating a place to hang out with others and sharing content. It took a lot of work to create this place and to see people always saying how toxic it is or just constantly criticizing it just seems so negative,

I'm not saying it doesn't have those aspects, but why constantly point that out, why not point out the positives more. People underestimate the power of positivity. And I'm not saying to ignore them, but this Universe is magical and magical things can happen with the light of awareness and what we focus on. Nothing is set in stone and we have the power to change our Reality with just focus alone and when we keep focusing on the negative and adapt a victim mentality where we expect the world to succumb to our wants and needs to make us feel better about things that's not making us evolve. 

Please, point out the errors but not in a judgemental way, but in a way that it can create positive change and sometimes the only positive change needed is to stop focusing on the negative. We can't please everybody and I'm not perfect either. Someone earlier pointed something out to me about a comment I made and I gracefully received the message and respectfully corrected it. I'm not always graceful in the way I respond but I'm working on it.

There is no beginning, there is no end. There is just Simply This. 

Just now, Buck Edwards said:

@Princess Arabia it's nice to have you. 

Nice to have you too, Buck. 

6 hours ago, Omni said:

came back out of curiosity to see where Leo has been and if there was any plans for a new video as it's been a few months. 

All i see is a small portion of people searching for their answers, others claiming they have answers, and the rest are just blatantly toxic.

This place is a festering ground for delusion and honestly suggest getting off here and go finding real answers.

best of luck all of you

So I guess you belong to the group that has all the answers. Shit shows are part of public discourse. If you try to suppress that part of the forum, there will be a huge collective shadow on this forum. Even more than there is. 

Honestly shutting this place down might actually be the way to go. 

If I’m being a little selfish I believe it’d be a net positive for me personally. 

11 minutes ago, Dryas said:

Honestly shutting this place down might actually be the way to go. 

If I’m being a little selfish I believe it’d be a net positive for me personally. 

Why don't we just shut down the whole world. Easy for you to say. You didn't create it. People are so thoughtless without others who are receiving value. Sheesh. This is the Internet. There are other places to visit from the comfort of your own home without shutting anything down. That's the beauty.

Edited by Princess Arabia

@Omni

7 hours ago, Omni said:

came back out of curiosity to see where Leo has been and if there was any plans for a new video as it's been a few months. 

All i see is a small portion of people searching for their answers, others claiming they have answers, and the rest are just blatantly toxic.

This place is a festering ground for delusion and honestly suggest getting off here and go finding real answers.

best of luck all of you

Compare this forum to 4chan, reddit, twitter, vine, Tic Tok, and all other social media forums and shorts, and even those with little moderation, and you'll be very grateful and thankful for such a high quality forum like this existing here. Sure, not perfect, but heavenly compared to what's out there.:ph34r:

Do we tell Walmart to close because of the unhealthy food it provides. Some of us here wining are probably consuming all the toxic foods the world provides and loving it. You didn't put in the hours it took to create this forum so you don't have the right to suggest shutting it down, Why don't you create your own forum where things will be a lot healthier. Leo asks us to make good use of it in his blog post and all we do is complain.

Did any of you even watch the video I posted the other day in the Spirituality section where tons of useful information was provided. Probably not. Quit the whining. It's getting old. 

I like the forum. 

Truth is the world is pretty unhealthy and thus the internet reflects that.

Overall, I like the forum a lot. I’d like to see more discussion on personal development and engage deeper on topics I find interesting though. I’d like to have deeper conversations on here.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

@Princess Arabia definetly tik tok and twitter don't help either. Yes, sadly the internet and the human mind are chaotic places. I wrote last nights post at like 1am and and I'm not sure how clear headed I was.

Edited by LoneWonderer

One thing that I've noticed though is just how small the actual active community on this forum is. I mean I'm not a moderator so I'm not sure but it seems that no more than 200-300 people are actually active on here and interchanging ideas. I am afraid of the echo chamber effect sometimes (I may be totally wrong about this btw)

Edited by LoneWonderer

6 hours ago, Thought Art said:

I like the forum. 

Truth is the world is pretty unhealthy and thus the internet reflects that.

Overall, I like the forum a lot. I’d like to see more discussion on personal development and engage deeper on topics I find interesting though. I’d like to have deeper conversations on here.

Yes same, well said ?

There's only a handful of people on this forum that you should take seriously. Everything else is just bullshit - a bunch of people thinking they are awake or enlightened, when they are in-fact very far away from truth.

My suggestion:

Follow only mods and Leo, maybe a couple other users.

I think a Daily Challenge section would be nice, with a new challenge to be completed everyday and discussed about.

The challenge can be a question to contemplate and everyone has to give there answers. 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

11 minutes ago, integral said:

I think a Daily Challenge section would be nice, with a new challenge to be completed everyday and discussed about.

The challenge can be a question to contemplate and everyone has to give there answers. 

Cool idea! Similar to the ACIM workbook

This forum has now more quality. It's always envolwing and is on a good path. Still many people here just wait for a magic Video from Leo or something. How about really doing the work like doing Yoga or taking psychedelics? Why waiting for so long and just reading and listening to videos

18 hours ago, LSD-Rumi said:

I wouldn't call It toxic, Leo is moderating it very well, but the thing is that people seem to engage more with silly threads, leaving the good shit buried behind.

I was attacked here because Im gay and I reported it but nothing happened?

12 hours ago, Princess Arabia said:

Your last paragraph says it all. When I say be more grateful, not so much starting a thread about it or just saying thank you for the hell of it but like if someone makes a comment or posted a video or a statement or whatever, that made an impact on you positively, to sometimes acknowledge that. Or just thanking Leo for creating a place to hang out with others and sharing content. It took a lot of work to create this place and to see people always saying how toxic it is or just constantly criticizing it just seems so negative,

I'm not saying it doesn't have those aspects, but why constantly point that out, why not point out the positives more. People underestimate the power of positivity. And I'm not saying to ignore them, but this Universe is magical and magical things can happen with the light of awareness and what we focus on. Nothing is set in stone and we have the power to change our Reality with just focus alone and when we keep focusing on the negative and adapt a victim mentality where we expect the world to succumb to our wants and needs to make us feel better about things that's not making us evolve. 

Please, point out the errors but not in a judgemental way, but in a way that it can create positive change and sometimes the only positive change needed is to stop focusing on the negative. We can't please everybody and I'm not perfect either. Someone earlier pointed something out to me about a comment I made and I gracefully received the message and respectfully corrected it. I'm not always graceful in the way I respond but I'm working on it.

I agree with you there. People get so myopic and completely forget how rare such a place like this is, and Leo’s work in general.  And how it’s for free too and accessible. One of a kind.
Sure constructive criticism, which you mention too, with the aim of contributing to making things better is one thing, but that sort of criticism isn’t too common. 

and yea I see how open you are to changing that is always an admirable quality??

and yes a lot of it is about perspective. One could be concerned and mad about “low quality toxic” stuff or see how it is part of this human play and focus on the quality of one’s own presence and actions instead of worrying about others