Omni

This forum is not healthy

83 posts in this topic

There was another forum I was analyzing and it has a section called "Argumentative Philosophy Forums" that is separate from the main forum. ?

They compartmentalized the argumentative part of the site.

For us the entire site is a free for all of opposing perspectives. Its also a incubator of holistic thinking. 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

46 minutes ago, acidgoofy said:

Isn’t the user banned? 

Yup.

I'd argue that there really isn't such a thing as a completely healthy social media. Anonymity will always result in people being a bit dickish on average and more transparent in their love of drama. 

But it never becomes overly toxic and circlejerky like Reddit. You can disagree on things here and even hold some edgy less than socially-accepted opinions and you'll be fine as long as you don't take it too far. It is a good forum to have some genuine discussions on how the world works or how to improve your specific issues, and people are very much willing to help given the chance. Use the forum as a tool but don't take it too seriously. 

Forum bad. ? Depends on how You use it, jesus.

One of the first things mentioned in the guidelines is that this place is a casual chat room. A lot of people seem to forget that.

Still, it's pretty strictly moderated and we care about its quality. It's a balance between that and allowing people to speak their mind even if what they say isn't the peak of human wisdom or open-mindedness. :P Most of us (especially me) wouldn't know what that is anyway. But we do our best and usually that's enough I think.

Edited by Sincerity

21 minutes ago, Basman said:

I'd argue that there really isn't such a thing as a completely healthy social media. Anonymity will always result in people being a bit dickish on average and more transparent in their love of drama. 

But it never becomes overly toxic and circlejerky like Reddit. You can disagree on things here and even hold some edgy less than socially-accepted opinions and you'll be fine as long as you don't take it too far. It is a good forum to have some genuine discussions on how the world works or how to improve your specific issues, and people are very much willing to help given the chance. Use the forum as a tool but don't take it too seriously. 

I like this assessment. The only thing i'll add is I don't think anything that is designed is 100% healthy to everyone. It's up to us to choose what's best for us and to leave the parts that doesn't resonate and consume the parts best suited for our personality types. There's something for everyone, and that's the beauty of Consciousness. I think the people that are complaining finds this place interesting but are having a hard time accepting the parts they deem "bad".

Consciousness loves every part of itself and is probably trying to teach us how to accept things as they are and to move to the parts we want to experience without casting judgements on the parts we don't like. It is all Consciousness and it is Infinite so why are we expecting things to always be good. We have choices and it is insanity to complain about something that includes everything and that life is about experiencing and exploring itself. A lot of what we're experiencing are put through filters, our own filters and ideas about life. I do it too, but I'm aware of this and awareness is curative.

There is no beginning, there is no end. There is just Simply This. 

18 hours ago, Princess Arabia said:

The only people I see complaining are the ones who aren't starting decent threads themselves or none at all. Only lurking behind the scenes waiting for a chance to point the finger. Not saying we should continue to endorse toxic behaviors and push useless threads and I do see where the Admin are closing the really disturbing/toxic ones while still allowing for the less conscious ones because I assume they understand the importance of balance sometimes. 

There are people here who are at different levels in their development, and it is important for us as a whole to embrace that polarity because we can learn by contrast. If everything here was of high caliber the turn around would probably be higher as there would be less chance of levelling up and outgrowing the forum. It is less likely for people to level down so the ones at the lower levels would be learning from the higher levels and levelling up. Holykael was a good example of someone who kept on spiralling down and you see what happened to him.

Lately I've seen a few people have left the forum but also a lot more newbie comments and people have stepped up their engagement who didn't normally engage. 500+ guests are here everyday so that should tell you there is still value here, we just need to stop complaining and try to do something about what we consider to be a problem. Don't be a part of the problem be a part of the solution. Some people might not consider this forum toxic but only when you avert their attention towards it being so then their brains will start to search out for what it deems to be toxic. Ever notice the toxic comments come in spurts, because now we're noticing them. Start to point out the good things and the trend might just follow. 

This!!!! Criticism is okay, but what I noticed is many people are terrible at criticism. If you are terrible at criticism it means you lack discernment and wisdom. For example... the OP called the entire forum toxic....this shows that the OP has a toxic world view, and ALL OR NOTHING worldview which Spirituality literally teaches is the key to living a life full of suffering. Life/Reality is incredibly nuanced and when people come on and speak in Absolutes all they are doing is revealing their biases. 

This forum CONTAINS toxicity, but it also contains the lack of toxicity. Anyone that is ONLY focusing on toxicity that is all they are going to perceive which reveals they are CLOSE-MINDED. This is why I have said repeatedly that people OUT THEMSELVES very easily by the crap they post. I can tell VERY EASILY what level someone is at based on their ability to break/explain something. For example....if you hurt someone's feelings on the forum...some of them will immediately accuse you of being a Narcissist or Gaslighting them. It is rather hilarious how immature people's understanding of what Narcissism is and what gaslighting is. 

I'll say this though, this forum is a good testing ground for discovering your triggers because if you stay long enough something is going to trigger you. So the toxicity on the forums is actually good for Shadow Work. So even the toxicity is beneficial. But hey, if all you see is negative like the OP you won't even see the value of the toxicity.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

This forum is a tool. Not all people know how to use it. But let them try. How else do you learn?

if all you see is toxic, you’re not using it very well.

I felt the same way after my first post, but there are some really good things in here. Look before you leap and go in with an open mind. Read enough to get a real grasp on things, then share with love and honesty.

13 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

@Omni

Compare this forum to 4chan, reddit, twitter, vine, Tic Tok, and all other social media forums and shorts, and even those with little moderation, and you'll be very grateful and thankful for such a high quality forum like this existing here. Sure, not perfect, but heavenly compared to what's out there.:ph34r:

I swear to god. I downloaded tik tok a few weeks back to see what’s up and have barely opened it since. Such social media can be nice tho if you closely curate exactly what you follow so you create this specific feed for yourself . And the Awakened subreddit has golden nuggets once in a while too but this place is something else 

Edited by Sugarcoat

9 minutes ago, Razard86 said:

This!!!! Criticism is okay, but what I noticed is many people are terrible at criticism. If you are terrible at criticism it means you lack discernment and wisdom. For example... the OP called the entire forum toxic....this shows that the OP has a toxic world view, and ALL OR NOTHING worldview which Spirituality literally teaches is the key to living a life full of suffering. Life/Reality is incredibly nuanced and when people come on and speak in Absolutes all they are doing is revealing their biases. 

This forum CONTAINS toxicity, but it also contains the lack of toxicity. Anyone that is ONLY focusing on toxicity that is all they are going to perceive which reveals they are CLOSE-MINDED. This is why I have said repeatedly that people OUT THEMSELVES very easily by the crap they post. I can tell VERY EASILY what level someone is at based on their ability to break/explain something. For example....if you hurt someone's feelings on the forum...some of them will immediately accuse you of being a Narcissist or Gaslighting them. It is rather hilarious how immature people's understanding of what Narcissism is and what gaslighting is. 

I'll say this though, this forum is a good testing ground for discovering your triggers because if you stay long enough something is going to trigger you. So the toxicity on the forums is actually good for Shadow Work. So even the toxicity is beneficial. But hey, if all you see is negative like the OP you won't even see the value of the toxicity.

True. Life itself is an example of this. Yet we are still here, alive, learning as we go.  This is why we suffer. We suffer our own interpretations of life. Just observe. Observe without judgement and just do what it takes to improve upon yourself. 

4 minutes ago, Sugarcoat said:

I swear to god. I downloaded tik tok a few weeks back to see what’s up and have barely opened it since. Such social media can be nice tho if you closely curate exactly what you follow so you create this specific feed for yourself . And the Awakened subreddit has golden nuggets once in a while too but this place is something else 

I never even signed up for tik tok. Just the name alone sounds cheesy, like a time bomb ready to explode. Lol, tic tok, tok tic, tickity tok, tockity tick. Like the Count counting down for some kind of disaster. But I'm not saying I never will, because never say never, just haven't seen the need to yet. Reditt only comes up for me if i Google something. Is Redditt worth the time? Don't even know if I'm spelling it correctly. I try not to overly spread my wings too much because my Empathic self and addictive behavioral patterns will just soak up too much unnecessary shit and turn me into a zombie and my mind wouldn't know how to process too much of this shit and start to get panic attacks and anxiety because I'm absorbing too much into my energetic field and make me exaggerate like i'm doing now. Lol

The air we breathe, the water we drink, the Earth we live on… that, too, has many unhealthy aspects to it.

So what’s the solution?

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

Imagine going to a Walmart and seeing some kids doing shaningans and saying this place is getting wild they should just shut the place down. 

Edited by Hojo

I mean, I'm fine. Don't know about you guys.

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

@Osaid "Works on my machine :)"

“We have two ears and one mouth so we can listen twice as much as we speak." -Epictetus

29 minutes ago, Hojo said:

Imagine going to a Walmart and seeing some kids doing shaningans and saying this place is getting wild they should just shut the place down. 

Right? There are constantly hood fight videos of people fighting at Walmart and pics of people in their underwear there. I'm sure Mr. Walden is doing fine. If that's the owners' name. Don't even know. This place is really not bad at all.

@Princess Arabia I think it is nice and not overly modded which is good. People can be themselves. You cannot talk like this anywhere else on the internet without getting banned i have been banned from countless forum just for talking about god this forum is the best place to talk about god.

Edited by Hojo

It's not the worst place ever on the internet. There's Twitter.

Edited by Osaid

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

3 minutes ago, Hojo said:

@Princess Arabia I think it is nice and not overly modded which is good. People can be themselves. You cannot talk like this anywhere else on the internet without getting banned i have been banned from countless forum just for talking about god this forum is the best place to talk about god.

Really? Are they Spiritual Forums, Religious...what kind? People are so touchy when talking about God. Goes to show the survival aspect. Leo's survival videos opened my eyes to peoples survival strategies and agendas. I've been personally witnessing them in my direct experiences. It's amazing how the mind identifies and latches on the things believing that's who/what it is.

When something triggers you, it's a good opportunity to look within to see what illusions you're protecting. And when you make that growth your presence becomes useful to others to make that growth aswell. This place is good for getting every button touched. It's a good place to witness many different shades of ego. Good place to practice forgiveness.

Edited by Salvijus

Those you do not forgive you fear.