Omni

This forum is not healthy

83 posts in this topic

came back out of curiosity to see where Leo has been and if there was any plans for a new video as it's been a few months. 

All i see is a small portion of people searching for their answers, others claiming they have answers, and the rest are just blatantly toxic.

This place is a festering ground for delusion and honestly suggest getting off here and go finding real answers.

best of luck all of you

5 minutes ago, Omni said:

All i see is a small portion of people searching for their answers, others claiming they have answers, and the rest are just blatantly toxic.

What is it supposed to look like? 

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

I would say that it is spiritual chaos. But that can be fun in it's own right you know.

I wouldn't call It toxic, Leo is moderating it very well, but the thing is that people seem to engage more with silly threads, leaving the good shit buried behind.

@LSD-Rumi I get the feeling that alot of users don't come here for serious or practical reasons when it comes to spirituality. But rather for various other reasons. And that is fine too.

It's more like people are confused, and wants a quick answers to that confusion. That is my overall impression at least.

@ZzzleepingBear Some threads should get more interaction and some should recieve less or none. Sadly, the opposite is happening here. And we keep engaging in endless arguments about stuff we had discussed million times before. 

I have been here since the beginning.
Hence, I agree with the premise.

It's a classic blind leading the blind scenario. 
You have got it all - the good, the bad and the ugly.
Or how you called it..

Edited by undeather

MD. Internal medicine/gastroenterology - Evidence based integral health approaches

"Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
- Rainer Maria Rilke

Before posting this, did you take a moment to consider if your focus on shortcomings of others may be causing a blindspot on your own? :$

The only people I see complaining are the ones who aren't starting decent threads themselves or none at all. Only lurking behind the scenes waiting for a chance to point the finger. Not saying we should continue to endorse toxic behaviors and push useless threads and I do see where the Admin are closing the really disturbing/toxic ones while still allowing for the less conscious ones because I assume they understand the importance of balance sometimes. 

There are people here who are at different levels in their development, and it is important for us as a whole to embrace that polarity because we can learn by contrast. If everything here was of high caliber the turn around would probably be higher as there would be less chance of levelling up and outgrowing the forum. It is less likely for people to level down so the ones at the lower levels would be learning from the higher levels and levelling up. Holykael was a good example of someone who kept on spiralling down and you see what happened to him.

Lately I've seen a few people have left the forum but also a lot more newbie comments and people have stepped up their engagement who didn't normally engage. 500+ guests are here everyday so that should tell you there is still value here, we just need to stop complaining and try to do something about what we consider to be a problem. Don't be a part of the problem be a part of the solution. Some people might not consider this forum toxic but only when you avert their attention towards it being so then their brains will start to search out for what it deems to be toxic. Ever notice the toxic comments come in spurts, because now we're noticing them. Start to point out the good things and the trend might just follow. 

There is no beginning, there is no end. There is just Simply This. 

But there isn’t really a solution, a lot of people come here needing help and with a variety of view points.

44 minutes ago, Raze said:

But there isn’t really a solution, a lot of people come here needing help and with a variety of view points.

Indeed. The solution is to stop complaining. Because they're complaining in a toxic way too by judging and condemning others. There are just different ways of doing things and doing the same thing you're complaining about is just not the way to get the results you're looking for.

Leo said he would consider closing down this forum in one of his videos. I sadly think it's the best solution. I agree with what you say. This forum is a chaos of ideas, some good, some not so much. But all of it going somewhere and nowhere at the same time. It's bringing good to the lives of some and much confusion to others.

Well why don’t you contribute with something profound and mind blowing yourself then to shake things up 

4 hours ago, LSD-Rumi said:

I wouldn't call It toxic, Leo is moderating it very well, but the thing is that people seem to engage more with silly threads, leaving the good shit buried behind.

This

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

4 hours ago, Omni said:

Suggest getting off here and go finding real answers

"real answers" ??? ya ok buddy, let me know when you get a hold of some. That's rich. The universe is inherently mysterious you absolute unit. We are here for fun. 

But seriously it shows how hard it is to start and maintain any community and maybe especially a spiritual group. All groups  inherently have toxicicty and delusional elements. But it's fun to be here at least. 

1 hour ago, LoneWonderer said:

Leo said he would consider closing down this forum in one of his videos. I sadly think it's the best solution. I agree with what you say. This forum is a chaos of ideas, some good, some not so much. But all of it going somewhere and nowhere at the same time. It's bringing good to the lives of some and much confusion to others.

Isn't that how consciousness operates. It's your perception that counts. You just described Reality. It's a chaotic order. More reason to leave it alone and create your own flow. Maybe tic tok or Twitter is better, or Facebook where friends only show graduation pics, birthday wishes and pics of their pets and food. 

Edited by Princess Arabia

1 hour ago, Sugarcoat said:

Well why don’t you contribute with something profound and mind blowing yourself then to shake things up 

They just did, the only thing is they shook it up in a negative way. Very rare I see anyone giving credit to this place. Very few. We're just either here chatting away or complaining, rarely giving gratitude or saying thank you. Yet we're still coming back, That should tell you something. Either they love the so-called "toxicity" it's not so bad to be worth calling out, or they love it. Most people gravitate towards things they love so I say it's the latter.

8 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

They just did, the only thing is they shook it up in a negative way. Very rare I see anyone giving credit to this place. Very few. We're just either here chatting away or complaining, rarely giving gratitude or saying thank you. Yet we're still coming back, That should tell you something. Either they love the so-called "toxicity" it's not so bad to be worth calling out, or they love it. Most people gravitate towards things they love so I say it's the latter.

You are right,  I’ve thought about it too to write some thanks but it has seemed a bit cheesy to me  . but it is truly an amazing place!!

exactly. What we are attracted to reveals us something about ourselves, it does something to us that we feel drawn to experience . This forum is more to me than just the content and the words. It’s like these energies interacting and I can feel movement within myself too.  I guess it depends on one’s sensitivity what one is able to sense. 

Also if you are independent and autonomous enough it doesn’t really matter that much what others are doing or saying you’re able to extract the benefits for yourself and interact in your own way that aligns with you. At least how I see it

13 minutes ago, Sugarcoat said:

What we are attracted to
reveals us something about ourselves

You Are Attracted To Me 

Edited by GLORY

Just now, GLORY said:

You Are Attracted To Me ;)

I’m attracted to everything ?