StarStruck

Why is niceness such a turn off

100 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, MAHAVATAR_-_BABAJI said:

@Princess Arabia Assymetrical balance is required, kinda like how it is in relation to male and female attraction...

What women doesn't enjoy a tall asshole?

I like "em short, goofy, nerdy, geeky, smart, tall, handsome, bald, hairy, white, black, Italian, Russian, Polish, Irish, silly, stupid, funny, eccentric, rich, not so rich, young, old, anything but an ASSHOLE. I guess that leaves me single. Lol.

There is no beginning, there is no end. There is just Simply This. 

@Princess Arabia You like star wars??

40 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

anything but an ASSHOLE.

By asshole I was referring to be also aggressive when needed, if the guy or girl has to come up to defend a situation, fight maybe with your neighbor for whatev reason, your rights, I find it inhuman being always nice 24/7 and not get mad by something. 

3 hours ago, Princess Arabia said:

Well said.

Thank you!

(Oh damn...now I look like a nice guy because I'm being nice ?)

27 minutes ago, Federico del pueblo said:

(Oh damn...now I look like a nice guy because I'm being nice ?)

This is your chance bro! 
IMG_6528.png

1 hour ago, Juan said:

This is your chance bro! 
IMG_6528.png

Thanks for providing me with this opportunity. I'd be lost without you ;)

I just had an argument with my dad. Instead of being nice about it and pretending that everything was ok (like we have been for the past 20 years),  we are finally going to start family therapy together. I found a therapist who works with folks who are neurodiverse, since I have autism and my dad probably has it too. It’s important to work with someone who understands your specific needs and situation.

I actually brought up the idea of family therapy months ago and already made contact with this therapist, but my dad has been consistently avoiding it and saying he’s not ready for it. Today, however, the back of the donkey has finally been broken completely. This is not a sign of impending tragedy… this is a sign of hope and renewal!

This is how long-term change is done. Stop beating around the bush. Do what you know is right, even if it’s uncomfortable and uncertain as hell for everyone involved. After all, it’s easier to live in a hellish fantasy than to take back your life with hard work and radical openness.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

6 hours ago, StarStruck said:

nice to hear that bro. What made you change?

All of this spiritual and personal development work of course! Being more honest and connected to Truth. It’s beyond logic… I wish I could give a 1-2-3 formula, but it doesn’t really work like that. 

Mr. Leo did post an insight today, which ties in beautifully:

https://www.actualized.org/insights/actualized-quotes-047

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

8 hours ago, Yimpa said:

I just had an argument with my dad. Instead of being nice about it and pretending that everything was ok (like we have been for the past 20 years),  we are finally going to start family therapy together. I found a therapist who works with folks who are neurodiverse, since I have autism and my dad probably has it too. It’s important to work with someone who understands your specific needs and situation.

I actually brought up the idea of family therapy months ago and already made contact with this therapist, but my dad has been consistently avoiding it and saying he’s not ready for it. Today, however, the back of the donkey has finally been broken completely. This is not a sign of impending tragedy… this is a sign of hope and renewal!

This is how long-term change is done. Stop beating around the bush. Do what you know is right, even if it’s uncomfortable and uncertain as hell for everyone involved. After all, it’s easier to live in a hellish fantasy than to take back your life with hard work and radical openness.

Good work!

:)

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 7/9/2023 at 9:15 PM, Leo Gura said:

Because nice people cannot get shit done. Being too nice is a disease.

When lives are at stake there is no room for nice.

What all humans are attracted to is powerful leadership. Because that how humans survive. Weak leaders get you killed.

So then why isn't having a muscular physique and combat skills enough to become socially successful with people and get laid with any kind of woman you want?

Edited by Hardkill

1 hour ago, Hardkill said:

So then why isn't having a muscular physique and combat skills enough to become socially successful with people and get laid with any kind of woman you want?

1. Because muscular physique and combat skills has nothing to do with being a true leader.
2. And even if it would no any particular feature is enough on it's own.

In the Vast Expanse everything that arises is Lively Awakened Awareness.

3 hours ago, Arthogaan said:

1. Because muscular physique and combat skills has nothing to do with being a true leader.
2. And even if it would no any particular feature is enough on it's own.

Nowadays you don’t need to be an actual warrior to survive but if you are a warrior type a lot of people want to be associated with a powerful person. In survival it is better to have a weapon than to not have it but nowadays there are more valuable traits than warrior traits. Being sociable and high vibe is much more valuable than anything. 

Edited by StarStruck

Im nice to everyone in real life, it makes no sense being unlikable.

I have no idea what you mean by nice is unattractive.

I think the issue is your not taking any risk.

Be nice and take risk at the same time. 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

To be nice =/= to be pushed around.
And not everyone can be perfect.

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

I love being kind instead of being nice

Nice is for weak people

Gentle requires strength

Whatever happens..
The Truth will free my soul

4 hours ago, StarStruck said:

@integral there is nice and there is nice. Which one are you?

?I make them feel like im on there side, understand them, agree with them but show them what i really think at the same time. 

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

10 hours ago, Hardkill said:

It's no guarantee to be socially successful, or get ANY woman you want. But you will get enough results from those things to be content that's for sure.

I've never met or seen a jacked dude that is even in the ballpark of being an incel.

hrhrhtewgfegege

nice is using society's playbook to interact, hey good to see you have a great day k

you win no enemies you win no friends

you may well be promoted you may well be president you may well be psychopathic

in fact nice is a social skill everyone needs and uses

problem is when you only know to be nice

this would be the unlived life