not-a-faerie

has anyone stopped using "I, me, my, mine"?

28 posts in this topic

I made a post last night and was frustrated that I was using "I me my" when trying to talk about there being no self. 

so I have two questions

1. is it possible to stop using these words in conversation? Might try it. has anyone done this in the past?

2. is it even important/meaningful to do?

To do what ?

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

Just say your name instead of i and me see how far that gets you. Also if you are being that anal about language you should stop using it totally as no word means anything. Sticking to truth requires no word no sound no sight.

And no its not important at all its just another game 

Edited by Hojo

Occasionally I'll deliberately couch terms in absolute language to reinforce a key point, but most of the time it isn't necessary. In a forum like this, it's a given that terms like I/You/Everyone are relative, and serve to facilitate communication.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

2 hours ago, not-a-faerie said:

1. is it possible to stop using these words in conversation? Might try it. has anyone done this in the past?

1. No.  Language in itself is grounded in duality.  Even if you stopped using those words, you are still using language which is implicitly grounded in duality.  Something is not something else.

2. No, it's not important.  What's important is enlightenment and understanding the "virtual" nature of language.

Edited by SeaMonster

1 hour ago, Hojo said:

Just say your name instead of i and me see how far that gets you. Also if you are being that anal about language you should stop using it totally as no word means anything. Sticking to truth requires no word no sound no sight.

And no its not important at all its just another game 

anal ? 

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

I haven’t 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

writing (and speaking) is for oneself so have to proceed to benefit oneself authentically as well as optimally

writing lifts one's own level of consciousness, one shocks oneself and makes break throughs

48 minutes ago, gettoefl said:

writing (and speaking) is for oneself so have to proceed to benefit oneself authentically as well as optimally

writing lifts one's own level of consciousness, one shocks oneself and makes break throughs

It can also inflate a buffoon’s ego, hehe.

Edited by Yimpa

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

14 hours ago, not-a-faerie said:

I made a post last night and was frustrated that I was using "I me my" when trying to talk about there being no self. 

so I have two questions

1. Yes, like anything, practice

2. No

It's just the mind playing tricks on itself. Thinking it will be more enlightened if it stops using certain words, responding to its birth name, or whatever else.

It's rather funny. Stupid, but innocent.

The word me isn’t a tangible thing.

The being me points toward isn’t a tangible thing. 

The symbolic entity and persona identified as me isn’t a tangible thing.

Ruminating and spending time arguing with yourself over the right word to describe yourself has a tangible outcome.

- The intangible creating the tangible. 

Edited by SourceCodo

Gone

On 6.7.2023 at 7:41 PM, not-a-faerie said:

No. Communication implies duality; me and you.

On 6.7.2023 at 7:41 PM, not-a-faerie said:

No. If you're going to communicate, don't intentionally make it harder for yourself. Communication is already hard enough as it is. And when you're talking about the Absolute, even though that itself is a performative contradiction (as you can't actually talk about the Absolute), try to keep the amount of performative contradictions to a minimum by using clear distinctions, unless you're trying to be cute or making a point. For example, instead of saying "there is no me or you, we don't exist, nobody is saying anything", say "the personal self is an illusion, the transpersonal Self is what is truly real". There — you've introduced a clear distinction between two concepts which avoids performative contradictions.

There is no communication without making distinctions, and better distinctions means better communication.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

No need to create any self suffering from it, it's really nothing to let it disturb our peace.

Words are whatever.

Just be.

On 7/6/2023 at 0:41 PM, not-a-faerie said:

is it possible to stop using these words in conversation? Might try it. has anyone done this in the past?

Of course. SELF is SELF-EVIDENT. 

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

On 7/6/2023 at 0:41 PM, not-a-faerie said:

is it even important/meaningful to do?

Important - GOD is AWAKE!

You cannot eliminate yourself from reality. Because YOU ARE REALITY.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Have some self-love and let your relative self exist lol. God doesn't need to squash the relative self to be aware of itself.